Acorn Stairlifts / Price Fraud
We had an Acorn Stairlifts representative come out to our home, as we were thinking about getting a stairlift for my mother who lives with us. She is 80 years old, and suffers from breathing problems and can no longer walk up and down the stairs. Mom weighs slightly over 305 pounds.
We decided to buy the stairlift, but we were told that because my mom weighed more than 294 pounds, we would have to pay extra for a heavy duty model. The extra cost was $250.00. We agreed, and the representative wrote up the order.
When the installer was putting in the lift, I asked him what was the difference between a regular and heavy duty model. He laughed and said, "This sticker that I'm going to put on the unit"...At my amazement, I asked the installer if he was serious. he replied, "yes...it's a little known gimmick that Acorn uses to pad the cost of the stairlift..."
This is outright fraud, and done to a senior citizen. How can this company get away with this practice. They charge extra for a heavy duty model, and then install a regular unit with a sticker on it...they are selling a product that doesn't exist, and charging extra for it as well.
I can only hope that the Attorney General here in New Jersey ends this type of fraud and deception.
More Acorn Stairlifts Complaints & Reviews
- Acorn Stairlift - Potential death trap 
- Acorn Stair Lifts - Customer service 
- Acorn Stairlifts - Warranty worthless 
- Acorn Stairlifts, Inc. - Acorn Stairlifts Is Ripping Off Senior Citizens!! 
- Acorn Stair Lifts - cancellations of delivery + other
- Acorn Stairlifts - acorn stairlift 130 and 180 models
- Acorn Stairlift - send broken parts at no exchange
- Chicago Stair and Components also doing business as Acorn Stair - Poor quality of materials and horrible installation of Custom home stairs
- Acorn Stairlifts - acorn 
- Acorn Stair lift - Advantage of seniors