Ace Hardware — refusal to return
I purchased a Grinder/sander from Ace on Tue. I tried it for about 15 min. and found that it was not what I needed. The very next day, with receipt in hand, I went to the store to return the item. I was told by "Mark" the store manager, that I couldn't return the Grinder because,
" What am I suppose to do with it? You used it, I can't sale it as new... It's like if you bought a stove, and tried to return it. I can't return that item. " I told the manager that I used it for approx.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Port Saint Joe, FL 15 min. I determined that it was not what I needed. He repeated, hollering from the raised Manager's perch across the store. " What am I suppose to do with it? "
I told him, " I guess you can do the same thing that I will do with it... nothing. I can't use it!"
I said, if I had bought it at Walmart, I could return it, no questions asked.
He repeated, "What am I suppose to do with it?"
He may have kept my 59.00, but I assure you that he lost ALL of my future business.
More Ace Hardware Complaints & Reviews
- Ace Hardware - pets drugged out of consciousness 
- Ace Hardware-Rebate Scam - do not fall for the rebate scam 
- Ace Hardware - manager's scam
- Ace Hardware - will not honor rebate 
- Ace Hardware - bad service
- Ace Hardware - your sponsorship
- Ace Hardware - replacement of damaged product.
- Ace Hardware - sequentia 3/4in x 8ft white winyl moulding (m. cp113008) item no. 5033923 | 033069053083 $4.59
- Ace Hardware - return of items and no response to emails
- Ace Hardware - unethical behaviour