Ace Hardware / pets drugged out of consciousness

1 Indonesia Review updated:

I recently visited Ace Hardware and now I cannot sleep from the nightmare that unfolded while I was there. The Pet Department was filled with cages of dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits, etc. They were all sleeping. I clapped at their cages trying for a response from an animal. I barked, meowed and more. Not one animal moved even an eye. Finally a store clerk came over to assist me. He did not understand what I wanted. The clerk opened a cage of a baby rabbit. The animal hung lifeless in his hands and did not move at all. It was drugged beyond any sense of awareness. All the animals appeared this way. Not one cat or dog moved the entire time I stood in front of them.

Who would purchase an animal that has been drugged this way? How can they think it is a marketable item after being drugged like that for who knows how long? Why would the helpful hardware man do this to innocent animals? Shouldn't American companies require some form of standards on the franchises they sell into the international world to make them conform to certain standards? If they don't, they should? People here want to be like the west.

I don't think I can go back to Ace Hardware again without making a scene about the animals being drugged. Can you help me?

• Hannah8800's Response, Jun 08, 2017

My name is Hannah, widowed for 4 Years now and I have one only Child witch's 19 Years old ..

Be

Comments

• Go
      3rd of Oct, 2006
    Ace Hardware - Not another cent!

Ace Hardware, Bethalto Illinois. I was persuaded to purchased 3 gallons of Ace premium paints under the October rebates program by an Ace Salesman. Because it was a better paint and I would save money under the rebate program. He assured me that if I included my sales receipt showing date of purchase, then I would be okay mailing the following day. (Purchase was on Oct. 31). Received a postcard from Ace Rebates on Dec. 1 that my rebate was denied because post mark was after last day in Oct. They also "invited" me to resubmit my rebates claim with any "validating" information. WHAT VALIDATING INFORMATION! They have the receipt that proves I purchased the items in October. I spent over $1500 at Ace this year. NOT ANOTHER CENT!

• Pa
      25th of Jul, 2007
    Ace Hardware - Poor product!

I just want to say I am severely disappointed in the staff at an Ace Hardware in Plantation, Florida. My daughter was down there on her own with a small baby and called to inquire if someone could refer her to a local plumber when she arrived at home with water spewing out of her water heater this evening (one my husband's advice because Ace here in Jacksonville Beach is always so helpful) and the person at the Ace there told her "they weren't a plumbing referral agency and she would have to look in the yellow pages." Now to be that rude is uncalled for and unnecessary. Ace is supposed to be "Helpful" not "rude." It almost makes me want to take my business elsewhere. We have purchase generators and a multitude of other expensive items for your stores and to have our daughter treated this way is unforgivable when she had no one else to turn to in a very stressful situation after hours. For her this was the last straw of the day because earlier her car had broken down and left her stranded so you can imagine her frustration. I hope Ace doesn't want to be left with the reputation of "Ace--the unhelpful and rude hardware man!!!"

19th of Sep, 2007

Maybe they didn't know she was your daughter.

They also probably didn't know that a poor woman on her own with a baby is entitled to special treatment not available to other customers like men, families, etc.

• Du
      18th of Dec, 2007

i recently returned a heater to ace hardware because it was not heating like it should. i did not have my receipt. the cashier, vicki, said well the heater i was returning was heating more than the new one i wanted to exchange it for. maury, the supervisor, said ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU HAPPY, and put that old heater back in stock. They returned it to stock, and it was not working right.

Then, I bought some rug cleaner from them, that was dry cleaner. IT did not work, and it made my eyes red, and burned them. So I took it back, it clost %14.99 and they were going to give me %6.50 back in place of the $14.99. In both cases, I did not have my receipt.

I have been a customer of ACE for about 10 years and I am pissed about this and I want the whole world to know about it.
    Then, they sold me some asphalt cleaner... or mold cleaner. 30 second stuff. They forgot to tell me that after you put the ### on, and let it sit for 30 seconds, you have to scrub like a banshee to get it to work, then hose it off. Your arm is sore for days.
    I think that the attitude over this whole affair sucks. And I think I have asphalt cleaner that made an oily residue on the asphalt and so I am going to take that back.

Then, I got coupons in the mail for $5.00 off this and that. I got 3 of them. And I said can I use it on paint that was $4.50 a gallon, down from $20, and they said, well they would have to look at it. Now why send out coupons when they have to approve the damn item you buy. My consumer rights have been violated, and I don't care who knows about it. This store is located at Lakewood, Washington, on Steilacoom Blvd. right near McD's.

• B
      17th of Jul, 2008

They never have anything in stock! THEY SUCK!

• Z3
      19th of Nov, 2008

ace hardware : sell first, don't care about after sales
    i had typical experience at ace hardware store in indonesia

• Tj
      2nd of Jan, 2009

My family has owned an Ace Hardware for over 50 years, we just opened a second store up 3 years ago. Is far as the product, there is some stuff i will vouch for. Not all of it is good, and i will always tell the customer the truth, I'm not going to sell someone a piece of ### just because we make money from it... As far as the return policy, all Ace Hardware's are pretty close to being the same. To give someone half their money back is dumb, and you could probably wright a letter to Ace Corp. and get some sort of compensation. With coupons... If something is on sale the store doesn't have to grant you the Helpful Hardware member coupon, due to the fact that it could force the store to tell the item for below cost. aka, rip the store off, and as using more than one at a time it really depends on the type of coupon. If your ACE doesn't have it in stock, order if off the web site... they will send it to your nearest ace and i don't think you have to pay shipping, you can always contact the people there and have them do it. I've worked at Ace Hardware for 8 years now, yes... i hate it... it's family owned... but when people say "ace hardware : sell first, don't care about after sales" it kinda bothers me, I work my ### off helping customers with ### attitudes because their hot water heater is not working, or their lawn mower doesn't run any more, and i could not care... but i do... The sale is just as important after we get the money as it is before. If the item doesn't work for you, bring it back. It the people at Ace give you a hard time, tell them to just take it back anyways, it's probably policy A and they will get credit for it anyways...

Sincerely, Helpful Hardware Man

• Ne
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Ace Hardware - Whats Going On?
    Texas

On Saturday Feb 14th I went online and ordered a rain harvest barrel for my garden and container plants. Ace Jokeware said from the email and other information that I would get my item in 10-14 days. Also I could check the package progress from My Account on their website. Well days went by and the status had not changed on the website. So I called the number provided. I got someone that spoke English and was surprised. That was the only positive thing though. They told me they didn't know why it had not shipped in two weeks and would have someone call my on Monday. Of course no call even after repeated emails to customer service. I called in and canceled the order. Even if it is more expensive some where else, customer service is worth the extra money. I still want them to contact me and, make it right. The next step is filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

• Wi
      6th of Jul, 2009

My husband opened an Ace 3 years ago and they offer the best customer service. The community loves them.

Unfortunately Ace Corporate does not stand behind their people and we will be forced to close our doors due to so many of our dollars wasted at start up by Ace Corporate.

• Lo
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Think Logically. If Ace had 10 plumbers that regularly shop in the store, which one could they refer her to? The other 9 would surely be upset. Also, if the plumber, who is NOT associated with Ace in any way, did a bad job, she would then blame Ace for this and ask them to resolve it because they "referred" her to him. Surely your daughter is smart enough to pick up the yellow pages and call a plumber...that's why you have the yellow pages...duh!

• Ji
      11th of May, 2011
    Ace Hardware - The &Unhelpful& Place
    Ace Hardware

I wanted to inform someone of the poor customer service that I received at one of Ace's retail locations - Oakwood Ace Hardware (Flowery Branch GA). I came into the store at 4:20 PM Sunday May 1st with a chainsaw that had been serviced and sharpened many times at this same location. When I entered the store I was greated by 2 younger men who instructed me that the person who handled the sharpening of chainsaws was outside watering flowers. I met up with this person outside - I asked "can I get my chainsaw sharpened" - the reply was - "not on Sundays". I thought it was a joke. Apparently it was not... this young man indicated that he was instructed to not service any equipment on Sundays. I explained that I was not looking for a service, only a 5 min. sharpening of my saw. He said, the manager said I can't help anyone with the "shop" work. I explained, but you are watering plants and 2 other employees are standing around waiting on so someone to come in and another lady is up front at the register. There was maybe one other person in the store at this time. I could certainly understand someone coming in to get a tune up or say that an item was not working... but a 5 min sharpening from someone who was watering plants with 3 other employee's standing around. I work for a fortune 100 insurance company and customer service is our top priority. I thought that ACE was the "helpful" hardware place. Now I understand that you are not doing much more to stand out from your competition. I was told to call Kim Anderson (Store Manager) - this was "his / her decision" to not help employees with "service on Sundays". I thought that corporate should know. The funny thing about this is that I saw a $299 tiller that I was going to pick up as well, I guess you know the rest of the story - no $299 sale for ACE. Why should I give you another chance? First of all you need to have employees that are empowered to provide customer service and "BEND" the rules if necessary. I feel that 3 out of the 4 employees were not old enough to use good judgement and the 4th agreed that rule was terrible, but she could not help. It is sad to see that a store that thrives on providing superior customer satisfaction to win over customers has sunk to this low in customer dissatisfaction. Just imagine someone choosing to water plants over providing a 5 min customer service task? This will cost you Thousands, if not millions! I will be sure to share this story with as many people as possible!

• Bo
      8th of Aug, 2011

i would like to complaint the area manager of ace hardware bacoor cavite in philipines. Because he's so cruel and he say some badwords in the employee.

• Bo
      8th of Aug, 2011

i would like to complaint the area manager of ace bacoor philipines becuase he's so cruel and say some badwords in the employee.

• 14
      11th of Aug, 2011

DUDE WHO CARES ABOUT THOSE ANIMALS THEIR EASIER TO MAINTAIN LIKE THAT SO DEAL WITH IT AND QUITE BEING A VAG

• Mi
      1st of Oct, 2011
    Ace Hardware - Poor Delivery service
    Ace Hardware

Today Dec. 12, I ordered 30 bags of red mulch to be delivered to my home in Lehigh Acres, FL. I asked when the mulch would be delivered and they could not give me an answer except "maybe in a week?" My gardner is ready to put the mulch down and I have to wait a week for their delivery truck to go about two miles up the road to deliver the mulch. They obviously are short handed but this was not handled well. No one wanted to commit to anything and I am now at the mercy of when they care to deliver. Trust me, this may be a local store, but I'm not dealing with them ever again.

• Ge
      1st of Dec, 2011
    Kaimuki Ace Hardware - Bad service, high prices, very low variety of products
    Kaimuki ACE Hardware

Bad service, high prices, very low variety of products, small store. small parking lot and bad manager Tyler from Kaimuki Ace Hardware

• Ar
      24th of Aug, 2012

please reactivate my tagged account. i cancelled my account 2 wiks ago unpopular_18@yahoo.com

• He
      31st of Aug, 2012

yes the same is happying to me thay takeing $59.00 out my account twice so how can i cancel
    i know u r reading this please cancel me i have no more money u can take

• Ac
      3rd of Jun, 2013

I've worked at an ace for 3 years and I HATE it. The pay is awful, management never knows what's going on, I work long hours, but the part I hate the most is dealing with the customers. I can honestly say that I hate probably 70% of the customers that walk into that store. They are rude, mean, arrogant and down right stupid. They do not care about any of the employees, or anything we do to help them. I realize that it is our job to help them, but dear lord, would it kill you to use some decent manners? I've had people yell and scream at me for no reason at all. I've had people belittle me for no reason at all. I've been sexually harassed by customers. Customers look me up and down like I'm a piece of meat. It's disgusting, but no one cares. Upper management couldn't care less.
    The ONLY positive experience that I've had there is my coworkers. Many of them are magnificent people who I am so glad to have met. I also met my boyfriend of 2.5 years while working there.
    As for the rest of that place, I wouldn't mind watching that [censored]hole burn to the ground.

• Gi
      8th of Jul, 2013

I've HAD VERY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES at the Five Forks Trickum Branch in Lawrenceville, GA. They are continually rude, act like they rather be anywhere else than assisting me and never close a sale. I was about to buy a wheel barrow, lawn mower and electric hedge cutter as well as several large decorative plant pots. SEARS got my money thanks to ACE's most obnoxious sales men.