Acai Berry Detox / $87.13 charged on visa checkcard before receipt of product

United States, Florida, Hollywood Review updated:
FWM Laboratories
3007 Greene Street
Phone: 1-866-949-0138
I placed an order on Jan. 20th, 2009, for 14 Day Risk Free Trial in the amount of $3.95. I didn't even receive the product to evaluate when on Feb. 3rd, 2009 I got my Acai Berry Detox and a charge of $87.13 to my Visa Check card was issued on Feb. 4th, 2009. I called Customer Service and spoke with a CSR and explained my situation and I was asked if I read the return/refund policy, which I did. I was placed on hold and instructed to send product back, I explained that I did not try the product yet to have the full 30 day supply amount of $87.13 to be charged yet. I was told my account was activated on the date of the order Jan. 20th, which means that is the first day of your 14 day Risk Free Trial. The Rep (not a very well English spoken guy) asked if he could help me further. I asked him to give me the RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) # required to send the product back, even though I had not tried the product, which he did. He informed me I would be charged another $87.13 in 30 days for my next shipment, I advised him I wished to CANCEL any further shipments and request a refund upon the company's receipt of my purchase. The Rep didn't even give me the return address; I had to look it up under the return/refund policy, which you send it to another city in Florida. Acai Berry Detox 2040 NE 163rd St. Suite 305 North Miami Beach, Fl. 33162

I asked for a Supervisor at that instance, I was on hold for 15 minutes to speak with a Supervisor and I explained the situation AGAIN! She (the Supervisor) told me that my order began on Jan. 20th and they allow 3 days to process and 3-5 days for receipt of the product, of which subtracts from your supposed 14 day Risk Free Trial period of the product in the amount of $3.95. I explained I received my product on Feb. 3rd and she stated I should have called to cancel my order before the 15th day, and I asked why would I cancel if I haven't received my product to evaluate. She stated that I should have read the policy of my order more closely. I did read to her their disclaimer, which doesn't stipulate the 14-day trial begins the day you place an order. The phone went dead and I am writing this complaint and will advise EVERYONE I know to not fall victim to this SCAM!! I will send my product back tomorrow through the USPS with a Delivery Confirmation and the RMA# attached and I will file a dispute with my bank, I will hope and pray I receive my refund back.

***I hope this is a Warning for someone else not to fall victim.***

A  10th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been fighting this for 2 months. Does any one have the original website we order from? The website that they gave the bank with the Terms and Conditions I SWEAR it wasn't the website that I ordered on. Please HELP!
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by
It's because you are dealing with a bogus Company. For your safety, cancel that credit card. Change the account. Let your Credit Card Company know about the fraudulent charges.
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by
Just found this post on this website: Maybe this will help you

by michelle
Hello, this is the manager of Customer Service for this product. Just letting you all know that our Customer Service hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM and the number is 1-877-317-0189. We do have a 30 day risk free satisfaction Guarantee. So please give us a call and any one of our representatives will be happy to assist you with anything that they can. Also you can email your request to cancel info@verifyyourorder.com.
Have a great day
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Here's something else posted on this website: 'Be careful, these people are under Investigation

I'm ashamed to say, I actually work for this company. I don't push magazine sales, but I do sell rebate vouchers. We have to read word for word from a script. I actually thought something was a bit fishy at this place when, in the first line of my script I say that I'm calling from an order verification department & that I'm call on behalf of "Aton Solutions" - but the business I work for & the name that's on the top corner of my paycheck is Reader's Choice. I also mention that "we're" the makers of Acai Berry, Colon xR, Total Cleanse and White Tea with Acai. However, these calls are monitor recorded so you can try using that to your advantage. I actually just called the 800 # given to customers in order to cancel and it was a recording saying that the number I was trying to reach is no longer in service and was given another number to call: (800) 712-5000, curious, I dialed the number & it was a recording of some super enthusiastic lady saying that I just called the Reward Center and if I pressed 2 on my telephone keypad then I would be redirected to a customer service representative. I was on hold for 6 minutes too long.. I got impatient and hung up. I will try my best to help you with what I can. ... If you still can't get through to anyone, I suggest you write and xerox a copy of a formal letter of cancellation and keep all your phone records of unanswered calls handy. You could also file a written complaint form at /link removed/ they are building a case against this fraudulent business as I write.

The address & direct phone line for Reader's Choice is:
720 Aerovista Place Ste. D
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805) 547-8610
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
If anything, get rid of that Credit Card. You will see future charges without your consent.

This was posted on this website, hope it helps you:

If nothing else, WE NEED TO PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS! I filed complaints with the BBB and the Florida Attorney General. BBB is still checking it out, but the attorney general's office recommended contacting the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service, Division of Consumer Services, 2005 Apalachee Parkway, Talahassee 32399. Web sit is www.800helpfla.com. They also suggested contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center at 800/251-7581 or www.ic3.gov. In addition, they provided this Web site, www.ftc/bep/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm (Federal Trade Commission "Billed For Merchandise You Never Received?" And more . . . Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov and the Broward County Consumer Protection Office at www.broward.org/consumer. My bank is still working on it as well. Liars and cheaters shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of activity. LET'S PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
The best thing you can do is file charges. Go to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, they have a form online you can fill out and submit. They work with the FBI.

Also the Federal Trade Commission has a form online. All these websites pretty much have a Complaint form you can submit right away.
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Here's another number that was posted on this website:

you guys should call 952-908-4112, they're the complany that handles all the charges for this Acai Burner and the Colon Ceanser stuff. You'll fget through right away, and they can pull your account infor up with your e-mail address. then just indicate that you'll like to cancel or subscription or get your money back.
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
I just had been scammed by this company too, I only received the trial bottle and got charged $88.00 twice and 14 days later got another charge for $87.13 twice (total of $350.26) just filed a fraud claim and the FBI have a big investigation on this company ... CHANGE YOUR CREDIT CARD... CALL YOUR CARD COMPANY!!!
A  26th of Feb, 2009 by
I too have experienced the same thing. I talked to my bank and since I had a new card issued they informed me that they would not be allowed to charge anything else against my account. I just found out about this today so I hope I have prevented any other charges from going through.
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
same problem! they have charged my accout twice 87.13 and I am having such a hard time getting my money refunded along with overdraft fees! WHO EVER READS THIS DONT BUY IT OR ANYTHING ELSE ON THE INTERNET!
A  27th of May, 2009 by
I have the same complaint. I ordered the 14 day free trail. Didn't receive it for 10 days which unbeknown to me was part of the 14 days. I was billed for a 30 day supply on the 13th day. It will probably take awhile but I have filed a complaint with my bank and the BBB.
N  24th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i have the same problem and i ordered for free trial and they charged me 41 dollars and i didn't receive it .
A  30th of Jun, 2009 by
Has anyone tried to return the product under the "K. Refunds. We want You to be satisfied with Our Products and Services; therefore, if You are ever not satisfied with any Product that You ordered, You may call Our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-866-949-0138 and request a refund. You may receive a refund of any Product that You ordered up to thirty (30) days after Your Order is placed." This is in the terms and conditions.
I am going to try this tommorow. I will post how it goes. Wish me luck
N  30th of Jun, 2009 by
Same complaint I ordered the product did not get it for 5 days and took it for 3 and got sick to my stomach I tried to call to cancel and I was listening to music for at least 45 minutes so I hung the phone up I called back the next night I was shocked to hear other people talking and listening to them give their credit card numbers to these people I could hear everything that was being said when at least a half hour later I finally spoke to Raymond K he told me it would be 2-3 days for me to get my refund credited to my account and because of the charges they did on my account I had over drawn my account so I wanted to speak to his supervisor who was John L I explained that I did not have the product for 14 days and he told me I did not read the contract the time starts from the minute you order it what a scam I told john that they should be paying me for dr.bill and loss time at work at that time I asked to talk to his supervisor he told me he is the top supervisor I told him that is sad so not only am I out the money I spent on shipping and handling I am also out the overdraft charges the dr. bills and time lost at work and most likely the money they charged to my account john said this was all my fault that I did not cancel the product in a couple days that the product is shipped the minute it is ordered even the best department stores can not achieve that response time THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM DON'T LOSE YOUR MONEY THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU TRY THIS FREE TRAIL OFFER
A  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I got a call from my credit card company's Fraud Dept. asking about that charge as well and I have
been trying to contact that company but to no avail. I got through to the # 866 851-2318 and tried to cancel
this but kept getting Musak instead of someone to speak with. I guess the only way is to cancel the card
and file a claim with BBB. I'm glad they are investigating this and I will never order online supplements
again...no quick fix, just scams!
N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
I love how people on the internet seem to think the Better Business Bureau is the end all for businesses. Let me shine some light in that deep dark hole you all call a head. The BBB is nothing more than a rating system. If you file a complaint with them all they do is stash that complaint in a file against that company. They call that company to dispute the complaint at which point the company usually doesn't give a ### and hangs up. Then the BBB puts a poor rating on their website about this company. Big ###ing woopie do. The company doesn't get charged any fines and nothing legally happens to them. So go ahead and contact the BBB and waste more of your insignificant time on absolutly nothing.
N  26th of Jul, 2009 by
It isnt the fact about reading the damn fine print!!! Its the fact that when you try to cancel a ###ing order you have to get a freaking song and a dance and still have some one go tapping into your account without your damn permission! When you try to follow the rules before the dead line these ###s give you a hard way to go. Since you know so much about different organizations instead of wasting yourt time typing up your two cents give some advice that will help people, in the mean time and in between time STOP TAKING UP SPACE!!!
N  2nd of Aug, 2009 by
I am discusted in this crap i ordered a trial suppilemt and i got it in the mail yet i had my post lady knock on my door with another bottle of the suppliment and then checking my credit card statement getting slogged $105.00 austraian dollars...i didnt even order for a second one ...this is rediculous at this time we are trying to find a way of them not dipping into our credit card and i got to say they dont relise that KARMA will get them in the end i hope these people go to jail for a long time for fraud and ripping off innocent people.
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I am going through the same thing. Received the Acai Berry - trial for 99 cents right! Bill my account for $87.13 plus the 99 cents and misc. transaction fees. Also ordered their cleanser and they billed me immediately for $39.95 plus transacation fees. This product never was shipped. Have been battling with them for a month and cannot get this fee taken off. This company should be fined and shut down.
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by