Acai Berry Detox / free trial scam

Well I just happened to checking my MYSPACE page when I saw the add for ACAI BERRY... offered a free trial & all I had to pay was $4 for shipping. I read everything just fine & understood what I was requesting, so i sent off for it. After a few days went by I started to worry if I ever going to get product because you only have w/i 14 days from ship date to cancel...So I called to try & track down the order & cancel if possible...they couldn't find me using my name, address, email, or debit cc#...so they suggest that I email the advance wellness research & get further assistance. I got a response right away & was advised that the product had already been shipped, gave me my order# & stated to call toll free number given in my email as soon as I got package. Well it took 12days to get it...12 days to get something that came from florida & I live right by border of FL & GA. That's just a little rediculous. So the day I got the package, I told them I wanted to return product, I don't want to deal with this & do not wish to have my card charged. They told me that I had to try product for 14 days & then call back again to cancel...but they would extend the 14 days from day I called them. So I said ok fine, will do. But don't you know, next day possibly 2, I go online to check my bank account & I see a pending charge for ACAI XL for $87...I immediately called & said something & they said they would take care of it...they don't see any charges on my card but will forward the request...also said I would no longer see charge on my account. The following day or maybe 2 i check the account again & i see that the charge is now gone...I was like great. I guess i jumped the gun...because about 2days later I see the charge went through. This was just last month when this all happened. I called the company back & they tell me they don't show any charges going through & I have already cancelled my order...but advised me to call # associated with charge. I called that number...it's the owner of ACAI BERRY-FMW LABS...they say they will cancel my order & no charges will be applied to my card. I have been battling back & forth with the two companies to get my money back & being told i can't have the money back. I'm going to try a little longer to get my money back on my own before i start seeking legal advice. I think this is crazy that so many people are having trouble with this company. Something should be done about this. Has anyone been able to get their money back? Is there anyone out there who could help me?

N  17th of Mar, 2009 by
Try contacting your bank/credit card company. I had a similar situation with another company, and after telling the credit card company that the charge was unauthorized they did what they could and the charge disappeared.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!!! :)
N  21st of Mar, 2009 by
I signed up for Acai Berry Detox as part of a free 14-day trial offer on March 5, 2009. My account was charged by a company with a different name, for $2.00 (for the shipping charge?) on March 6th.

I received the trial bottle of Acai Berry Detox on March 10th or 11th, and I found out about a recurring charge that would take place as part of a membership. I immediately called their contact number. The representative said, "You're not in our system and there will be no additional charges." I asked for a cancellation number or confirmation number or account number or anything, and they said that I was not in the system and not to worry about it, that it was standard procedure for online trial offers."

Today I cheked my account info online, and I had a pending charge for $87.13 on my checking account. I immediately called the number was listed on the pending charge: POS DEBIT MYACAIDETOX 1-866-955-4108. The woman's name was Shar Sue (it sounded like she was on a cellphone) and she offered to cancel the membership, but that I would still be liable for the $87.13 that was charged, because I did not cancel within the 14-day period. I insisted that I did, but she said that without a cancellation number, I would still be charged. I warned her that I would be contacting my financial instituion unless she could have the charges reversed immediately. I asked to speak with a supervisor, but was denied that option.

I contacted Chase this afternoon, and reported this to their fraud department.
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
I am presently holding online waiting AGAIN to speak with another one of the representatives AFTER being put on hold for many more minutes after many many calls. I cannot get these people to give me a straight answer. I ordered the free trial to begin with and then decided to take the 4 month for 169.00 because it was such a "good deal." Well, they charged my acct THAT DAY and 12 days later, I still have no product. I never received an email confirmation, and lo and behold, the UPS tracking number they gave me is not valid; that is...not valid on MY computer, but it works on theirs...GO FIGURE...I am so angry right now...I am contacting the Chase Fraud dept tomorrow and putting as stop to this at once. I have learned a very valuable lesson. I will check any company out prior to ordering again. By the way...MAX COLON is a great product and they honor their deals...and their cancellation promise too and I had it in 2 days.
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
I have just received my cancellation number with a refund in processing; however, I have 5 days for it to fully process. I was okay with the shipping charges and the 14-day free trial, but there is always a catch. At first, I cancelled my "subscription" through their automated service. Then I checked my account and found that they charged my account before the 14-day trial expired. I called 1-866-949-0138 and held for 5 minutes. Their rep named James said that my 14 days expired yesterday (4/3/09) since I placed my order on March 20th and I was still liable for the $87.13. I asked him about the RMA# to return my unused "sample" and he replied that I did not need to return it and my cancellation was on record, but I would still be charged. At the time, I told him okay and hung up. But I checked the calendar and he can't add... my 14-day trial ends today!! So I called back and got John Don. I requested a RMA# and a cancellation #. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and then said that my records showed a cancellation. I stated that my 14 days ended to today and I was not satisfied and wanted that RMA#. Yeah, he put me on hold. When he came back he said the same stuff over, but I had enough and I quoted their policies to him and He finally agreed to process my refund and I received my cancellation #.
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
You received your refund but don't be surprised if you keep that CCard open and find new charges on it very soon...trust me...you will
A  9th of Jun, 2009 by
I too has the same problem. I also was attracted to the great ad of free 14-days trial for this acaiberry. But I tried cancelling my subscription as soon as I get the product because my husband don't like it. I was able to cancel my subsciption through their toll free number but was surprised that my credit card was charged with $39.95. I 've tried several times to reach their customer service but to no avail. What should we do?? This is definitely a scam and forced people to buy their product!!!

I got my acai berry from this:

N  15th of Jul, 2009 by
I am just shocked at the number of complaints about this sleezy company. Any company that gets its income from deceiving people should be shut down instantly!!! I was shocked to know that I was also charged $87.13. I did not know where it came from until I called to get the subscription cancelled. I had just returned from abroad and my VISA company detected the charge as illegal, so my card was replaced with another one. The worst part about the product is that it is loaded with caffeine. I had not taken any of the tablets because of that. If only I had known about the caffeine, I would not bother! PLEASE, can anyone do something about this company? Any lawyers out there?
From Arlington, VA
N  17th of Jul, 2009 by
I went to my doctor yesterday for a check up and was appalled at what the scaled read when the nurse weighed me. I decided it's time to get down to business and start dieting. I had always wanted to try one of those energy boosting, rapid weight loss pills but the ones in drug stores are astronomically over priced. So I Googled cheaper alternatives, and came across the 14 day trial of Acai Berry Detox. It stated I would receive a bottle worth $87.13 for FREE if only I pair shipping & handling $3.95. I entered my credit card info, submitted my order, printed out my confirmation page and was anxious to receive the product.
I began researching Acaiberry to see if there were any side effects and I can across this website flooded with complaints about an online scam for this exact product. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened as I realized, that I too had fallen victim to this scam. I called the Customer Service # provided on my confirmation page to IMMEDIATELY cancel my order, and the sales rep said I was not coming up in their system but to call back in 3 hours and I could cancel it then. YEA RIGHT!! So I could call back a few hours only to find they charged my account already? NO THANKS.
I quickly called my bank and canceled my debit card, which in it of itself is a hassle for me because now I have to wait 5-7 business days for a new one. This really puts a damper on my weekend. :(

People, heed this warning, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCT. As my mother said "There is no quick fix to weight loss. Eat healthy, work out and drink plenty of water. You should know better, nothing in this life comes easy."

ESPECIALLY not Acai Berry Free Trial Weight Loss Pills.
A  20th of Oct, 2009 by
Yes, I too was charged.. When the agreement said free trial at no resk.. yeah!
Well I cancelled my debit card, so they can't charge again..

***Did some checking. you can buy the Acai berry detox products, at Amazon.com... Just type in the product name. Pay for it once and be done. til you reorder.

So don't need to get it fromt he scammer's websites..