ABN Amro Bank UAE / Fraud and cheating!

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Complaint Against ABN Amro Bank, Dubai UAE

Subject : Wrongly calculating interest

Type : Falls Credit Card Statement

I am very surprised to see the statement of account for this month. Actually my credit card amount payable was AED 1746.50, I paid AED 1700 through ATM machine. When I saw this month statement, I was fined AED 52 for the amount against AED 46 which I not paid. This is very surprising to see that interest has to be charge on the amount which I not paid. BUT YOUR BANK IS FINED ME rather taking interest unpaid amount. Same is done with my other visa card as well. You don't have the system of payment where (ATM Machine) I can full payment (In Fills). As a client I am punctual on making payment (always before 15 days of last date). THIS FINE IS NOT At all DIGESTIBLE FOR ME.

Comments

Kh
  28th of May, 2008

hi,

my name is syed shaik shavali.i was aabn amro credit card holder from u.a.e.since due to some personal problems i was supposed to exit from u.a.e and i have stopped paying my credit card payment.right now iam in iraq i would like to clear teh credit card payments.please provide teh details of outstanding balance and also please suggest me how can i clear this balance without any intrest to teh outstanding amount.

Dh
  30th of Jun, 2008

Hi my name is Dhara, I am very very very dissatisfied with the way ABN Amro Rewards work, they tell me to call on 1st of each mont to gain the rewards (tickes to Sky dubai ) between 9am to 6pm Sunday to Thursday, today is 1st of July and it is 9am in my watch i called up ABN Amro Rewards Number (04 3662242) i get to listen to an automated system saying that the lines are not yet open call during the working hours, i call up again after 5 mins (9:05 am in my watch ) the number is constantly busy i tried and i treid and i tried till 10:05 am in my watch) i could never get through the number it kept on comming busy then i called up the customer service number provided to me during the time of opening a credit Card (04 3080000), to complain about the issue they say that there is only one number and as of now there is some technical problem in that number and there is nothing that thay can do about it finally after a constant try at 10:20 am I was successful in getting through the Rewards number but then i was told that the alloted tickets are already over try next month My Question is that if there was a technical problem then how did the alloted tickes got over?? to tell you very frankly this is the worst bank one can ever deal with i have never been given such false promises before, the way ABN Ambo gives. God Bless to all the other unlucky card holders like me.

Dhara Shah

As
  10th of Jul, 2008

i m from abu dhabi.i like to inform you tht before two months i apllied for abn amro bank credit card and one of ur credit card salesman from abu dhabi took my documents but more than two month i did not get any response from him or from bank.i dont have his mobile number but his name is HAMZA.

i never think tht your salesman doing like this in market.

Pi
  10th of Jul, 2008

I have to agre with Dhara and would like to say that I have spent hours on hold for making movie reseravtions on the hotline - 3662242. This is totally ridiculous and unacceptable.

We are 4 of us holding abn ambro gold credit cards and will definitely cancel asap!!! I will ensure that I send this complaint to Gulf news about how ABN AMBRO cheats its customers.

Piya

Sa
  12th of Jul, 2008

I have opted for e-statements for both my visa & jumbo cards which i generally receive before first week of every month.But still have not received for month of july-08..I am working in Dubai & my job requires travelling overseas at constant intervals.
Some times at places where ABN has no roots & we do the payment with our friends/family over in dubai..
Pls ensure to forward e-staements on time as its the best way for people like us...

Za
  16th of Jul, 2008

Zakir Baig

Objective
Seeking the managerial consulting position, utilizing background in Sales & Marketing for a multinational company.

Personal Information

Address: H # No 189, St No 8A, Scheme No 2, Mustafa bad, LHR.
N.I.C No: 35200-1660717-9
Status: Married
Phone: 042-6815024
Mob: 0322-4715607

Summary of Qualifications

Solid writing, editing and oral communication skills.
Excellent human relation skills, having dealt a variety of customers,
and employees
Computer proficient with WINDOWS XP application, MS office and
Internet explorer
Superior ability to achieve immediate and long-term goals.
Proven ability to analyze, plan, manage and motivate.

Basic Education

Sir

Mo
  23rd of Jul, 2008

sir
i have eight years of experience in computer field
i m offering myself under your kind control for your
favour i shall be very thank ful to you and pray for your long life and prosperity
Contact Number

Mo
  23rd of Jul, 2008

MOHAMMAD AWAIS CHISHTY

Job Objective

To Be Part Of Working Environment That Is Challenging And Demanding At The Same Time.
Responsible Approaches, Honesty Commitment To My Work Are The Tools.

Qualification
2004 B.A Punjab University
1999 HSSC RawalPindi Board
1997 SSC RawalPindi Board
Skills
Computer Hardware, Software & Networking.
Having Eight Year Experience of Using Computer
Hardware & Software with a Minimum Speed of 60 Words / Min.
System Applications
Having Appreciable Grip on Ms Office 2000 & XP and Out Look Express.
Especially Skilled for Ms Excel & Ms Word & during My Job in Warid, I Had Worked on Specially network trouble shooting.
Operating Systems
Having Well Experience of Using Famous Computer Operating Systems e.g. Ms Dos, Windows 98, Me, 2000 and XP.
Use Of Internet
I Have Been Using Internet For eight Years, Browsing, Email and Chatting.
Strong Character Dedication With My Work Is My Pride.
Ambitious Hardworking Energetic, Well Disciplined.
Knows How To Meet The Responsibilities And How To Utilize The Abilities.
Optimistic, Self-Motivated and Flexible.
Good at Communication and Public Dealing.
Well Worsted With The Challenges Offered In The Respective Task.
Adequately Trained For This Kind Of Job.
English Language Skills: -
Having Appreciable English Language Skills, Can Speak, Read and Write Frequently.
Professional Experience
Exp of Warid
First Creation of Contract.
Transferring the Mob Number against the contract.
Creation of log sheet.
File Dispatching.
Reporting to my senior Directors and CEO.
To Take Care of my own branch, and also the
other nine branches in Rwp.
Problem relating computer and network.
And Also solving the problem on IN
Sims sold by shop keepers, to make a record
against that number
Then transfer the numbers against that record.
Maintain All The Record Up To Date On Computer.
Exp of Amjad siddique & Sons
Guide my junior accountants.
Checking all the record done by my juniors, and confirm that there is no
mistake anymore.
And after this make a balance sheet on computer.
To Maintain The Computer Account Records Up To Date.
To Record Billing and Recovery on Ledger and Keep the Ledger Up To Date.
To Create Computerized Reports On Daily, Weekly, Monthly And Yearly Basis.
Making requests for the office stationary and fulfill any special task assigned by
My senior.
To receive telephone calls and conveying the messages promptly to the concern person.
Discuss with the clients on different matter about business in the absence of MD.

Exp of Pakistan Computers
? Trouble Shooting:
Started as a junior computer technician
Solved the entire problems at the spot.
Specially likes to work on computer networks
After six month became a senior computer technician and then give advises to
my juniors.
Manage all the file work in proper way, Keep each and every thing neat and clean.
To deal with public in a proper way.
To manage the teams for different activities of Multi National Companies.
To make the reports of whole day activities.
Reporting to the clients of Different multinational companies every day.
Maintain the accounts of office in computer system
Contact Number
Chishtia Street Aashiana Chishtia Kehkeshan colony Adyala road rawal pindi

Sr
  6th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sirs,

I have an account at Abudhabi branch and I left Abu dhabi during 2004 february month. I paid all my credit balance payments and at present no pay balance from my side.

Now I would like to transfer my account to CHENNAI-TAMIL NADU-INDIA BRANCH to operate the same account. Infact I lost my account number and I could give the following reference No. 00000055179 date 10.12.02003 this details I got from the envelope of my PIN letter. Please do the needful to transfer the account. If any formalities reqd I like to do the same.
Thanks/ Regards
S.Raju

Ca
  9th of Aug, 2008

The banks most of them in uae take undue advantage of their clients, and over charge them. This country, its really difficult to approach the court to redress your problems easily. Bulk of the residents are expatriates ((80%) who are already working and do not have neither the time or money. Now the scenario is worsened with high inflations, there is hardly any chance for them to have a lawyer to fight their cases. Lawyers are one of the most expensive in the world, by any standard. The banks in general are really happy with the current situations, because they know for sure that no one will have the wherewithals to fight them through a court of law and this is one of the reason, banks such as ABN and others are brazen. The law is real tough and its quite natural that you can end up in a lockup for defaulting a payment. Banks dont spare. Only thing they do is to have the offender arrested and let the poor person lanquish in the jail. When will someone really start thinking for the people at large, where the whole economy is commercially driven with scant respect for humanity. God save the people!. God save uae!. God save the poor expatriates from the bank sharks

Pd
  30th of Aug, 2008

I am Dilip, residing in Deira, Dubai.
One Mr. Vikram, sales person from abn amro bank approched me saying that the credit cards are free for life and there is no annual charges involved. I have applied for the credit card accordingly.
Now from the web site I find that there is annual charges to be paid... could any one clarify? Thanks, Dilip.

Sn
  15th of Sep, 2008

One Month before one of sale team member from ABN AMRO, He call me and asked my regarding the persnal Loan, he took al the document and submitted the cause .now more than 25 day still they people are said, don`t worry it will B done today. all the staff are very Unprofessional .now I try to call this ABN AMRO sales staff he is not pickup the phone, I Don`t know, what shall i do, how many time i asked him, I dont want take loan with you, kindly return my document, he say dont worry today 100% done, daily he said like this.

Mr
  15th of Sep, 2008

We are ship agent in Sudan
We are doing ship agency services for our customers worldwide.
I have one transfer from our principal company Lamnalco Ltd - UAE
This company owned by (UAE, HOLLAND & Saudi)
This transfer now delayed for more than 20 days.
Can you try your best level to source us the causes of this delay as i believe we are dealing with most prominent bank in the Gulf area?
Your urgent action on above is highly appreciated
Kind regards
Mohamed Abu Mohamed
General Manager
Coastal Shipping Agencies Company Ltd .
Port Sudan
Port Sudan Hospital street, Alneel Building
Tel: +249 311 832984 +249 311825870
Fax: +249 311 823241
Mobile: +249 912936589
E-mail: coastal@sudancoast.com

Sn
  23rd of Sep, 2008

this is very big surprise. more then 40 day before one of your sales tam member, his name is SYED. call me and asked me to persnal loan, i asked the document, then i give him all orignal document, and 1security cheque. he promise me, with in 1 week he disbursed the loan, now more then 40 day, still my loan is not finished, daily 1 call him he said, today lazim you got the money. now since 1 week, he is not pickup my phone, then i call him some others #, he pickup the phone, i told him, as a Banker you loose your faith, so please sent me my documents back, i really don`t understand he is not return my document, what kind of staff in your bank, so kindly help me, i don`t want to your loan, just give me my document back, and please keep the staff proffiosnal . not like Mr, Syed, he is a big layer. Banker should Be very clear and honest, but what kind of he is .
FROM, S.N.HASSAN

Re
  5th of Oct, 2008

Hi I am a customer with ABN AMRON bank, I was been cheated by the bank, I took smart cash the executive sold that loan and me offered 800AED Samsung gift, when I went to shop to collect the gift, actual price is just 289AED I was really shocked seeing the worst camera, I remember that the agent promised me 800AED, I spoke to two more guys from ABM AMRON bank, they told they can’t provide me promised 800AED gift, I am been cheated 500AED from the bank, the service form the bank is the worst I have ever, I want justice from the bank.

Note: all the conversation between me and Agent is recorded; please help me to get back the promised 800AED.

Renold

Ma
  9th of Oct, 2008

hi im marlene, i am very much disappointed with abn amro bank. im holding visa card from them for less than a year before. When i went on vacation last year i used my card to purchased my ticket and put it in installment. During this period, i paid my monthly bill ahead of time but i've been charged monthly for insurance i had never subscribed. Every month i need to call the customer service number for the reversal until the time im about to leave for vacation..i spoke to one in the customer care to verify the amount i need to pay to settle my balances after the reversal i had requested..then i paid the full amount he mentioned as my current balances..so im not worried to pay anything when i return from vacation..but i was very surprised that the bank keeps on sending me sms message while im out of the country following up to settle my current balances. until then i received my statement when i got back..the amount i requested for reversal was not reversed so they charged me for the late payment fee of AED 150..imagine that the outstanding amount is the insurance fee cost of AED 26 that i had requested for reversal before i leave for vacation in which they had confirmed to me that its already reversed. I am not really happy with their service so i decided to cancel my card. Everybody is right that they alsways have hidden charges and you'll always surprise for that. NO with AMB AMRO

Aa
  10th of Oct, 2008

I HAVE NOT PAID MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS FROM PAST 1 YEAR, I LEFT DUBAI COZ I HAD LOST HEAVY AMOUNT OF MONEY WITH MY BUSINESS LOCAL FRIEND CUM FRAUD.I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT DUBAI, SINCE I WANT TO CLEAR THE PAYMENTS AS I DONT LIKE TO EAT ANYBODY 'S MONEY, WILL THEY CHARGE INTEREST AND ANY POLICE CASE CAN HAPPEN? PLEASE SUGEST AT THE EARLIEST.

Su
  12th of Oct, 2008

I HAVE CREDIT CARD FROM ABN AMRO WITH A CREDIT LIMIT OF 24, 000 AED, IM PLANNING TO GO BACK MY HOME COUNTRY AFTER 3 DAYS AND I'LL NOT COME BACK HERE...WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME AND MY CREDIT...THEY WILL SEND SOMEBODY TO GET ME IN MY HOME???//PLS. HELP ME I JUST NEED THE MOENY VERY BADLY

Ed
  14th of Oct, 2008

RBS-ABN AMRO! WORSE BANK

i have to pay 1400 aed on credit cards i never use, they put hidden charges out of ur knowledge, , , people! be careful with ur ABN AMRO credit cards.