A Best Choice Movers / Tried to black mail on date of move

NJ, United States Review updated:
I was given an estimate of $70/hr for two men and truck. I specifically asked for when time starts and ends and they informed that time will start when they start work and will end when they leave our destination. On the day of the move, I was given with bunch of extra charges, like travel charge, more than 15 feet distance between truck and house ($150) etc. Please BE CAREFUL before you sign papers before move. They spend about an chargeable full hour to finish paper work (add this in your budget).

Movers are suckers. Extremely slow and trying to use all their extra supply without asking to increase bill. When we reached to destination, they took another hour to finish paper work. They asked us to pay everything before they unload the stuff. They will leave you with no choice but to pay what they want. Without any shame, they have added 20% gratuity to my bill.

I was given an estimate of $210 and I end up paying $550.00. I suggest DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER. THEY ARE BLOOD SUCKERS AND SCAM ARTIST.

Comments

Ev
  14th of Nov, 2008
I am a lawyer bringing suit on behalf of another victim of this company. I would love to speak to you about your experience. Please call me at my office at (973) 623-6464. Thanks. Evelyn Storch
Du
  16th of Apr, 2009
I can share MY experience with ROCKVILLE, Maryland branch of BEST TIME MOVERS.

On 3/31/08, I moved from house to an apt which is 1.2 miles. Job quote from BEST TIME MOVERS is 4 hours 85 dollars for 4 men plus 1 hour travel. (5 percent discount for cash payment plus 10 percent fuel surcharge.)

Total quote 4 hrs and 1 hour travel total 425.00

Net result, 4 hours job 2 hour travel (minus 5 percent discount and plus 10 percent fuel surcharge)
total to 533.
I was not told in quote that the additional travel (return trip) charge will be 85 dollars.
I had already been quoted only 1 hour travel charge of 85 dollars but they never said return trip back to the shop was another 1 hour of 85 dollars. ) However will not unload unless pay up. Of course, I couldnt argue on this but take it up with their management. They said it was 2 hour travel is correct.
Hey why are we paying them to return to work? Does the 1 hour travel time COVERS before and after job?

I appreciate the update on trend on scamming return trip surprise bill.

Dudley
Du
  16th of Apr, 2009
Correction I mean date of move was 3/31/09 (that was two weeks ago. (sorry for my typo).

Dudley.
Ta
  3rd of Aug, 2013
They were responsive...right up until the point your mone was collected. After that it was a month of hell as they double charged me (claiming the original contract was a "binding estimate" and didn't apply), arrived 7 hours late to come pick up my stuff, and then went more or less radio silent for three weeks as I panicked and screamed into unanswered voicemails about where the hell my stuff was. Turns out it was incorrectly delivered to some warehouse NEAR my home and I had to a) pay for the storage and b)hire a second moving company to finally deliver my things. Boxes were missing, looked like they had sat out in the rain for an hour, and I am turning to this review only after many tears.

Don't ever hire these guys, no matter what their quoted price is - you're not getting a deal, trust me, you're getting screwed.

Best Choice Moving Logo Best Choice Moving