A Best Choice Movers / Terrible company

A Better Choice Movers moved my belongings in October 2006. I had my belongings in storage, which was changed to A Best Choice Movers (and moved from Fairfield, NJ to Hackensack, NJ) until October 2008.

They quoted me $500 and the charged me $1, 500!!

I am missing almost all of my furniture, almost everything in boxes were broken, I found rat feces in with my clothes and all of the boxes were mutilated!!

They 'lost' my payments and when I sent them the money order receipts, they would not accept them. In October 2008 they called me and said they were going out of business and I had to pay them $1, 900.00 to get my belongings out of storage.

I finally did settle for $1, 400.00. I filed an insurance claim for my missing and broken belongings, which I never received.

I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau, which went unanswered by A Best Choice Movers. I filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs and they agreed on a very small settlement in December 2008, which they have yet to pay. Consumer Affairs will not return my phone calls.

You cannot trust this company or the State of New Jersey!!!

An

Comments

Yo
  4th of Mar, 2009

i got an over the phone estimate of some $400- and at the end of the moving day had to pay them with a handsome $1700- in order to get all my property out of their truck. they threatened me of bring the truck load of my stuffs to their storage if i don't pay.

i filed complaints to BBB Trenton, but only heard that they have gone out of business.

when i think of them i can not breathe out of thinking that the same devils will be doing the same business (or a new business) in the same way, hurting innocent people.

i called state department and was told, "if the company went out of business, there is nothing that can be done."

IS THAT REALLY SO? (can somebody answer?)

Fr
  4th of Nov, 2009

Yes find a large calliber bullet and shoot yourself