42photo / Tricked into buy extra overpriced items
Company with the lowest price for a Cannon Powershot G15. After placing an order online, they call and tell me I need a special SD card for it to work. The sales pitch I remember was "double the memory of what you order" and "I'll discount the camera to help you out".
When I got the package, my credit card charge was $100 extra for a 4gb SD card that normally sells for $25 locally. I call them and want to return the $100 SD card. What they had done was made it a "package deal" and I would have to send everything back. Shipping plus 20% restocking fee! Around $115. UNECONOMICAL I then said I would dispute it with my credit card company. Of course they had heard that before and said it wouldn't do any good. Final Offer: they would give me a $20 credit.
I doubt anybody could come out ahead by buying from this company even if you did refuse any of their "add-ons" and "must haves". I'm just surprised they didn't try to sell me the battery that comes with it.
More 42photo Complaints & Reviews
- 42ND St Photo - Bad service 
- 42ND St Photo - Sales
- 42photo - delay in mailing
- 42nd Street Photo - Total scam!
- www.42photo.com - Their deal was fake and camera was defective
- www.42photo.com - They didn't provide info about order, when you call the seller
- [Resolved] 42nd Street Photo - charged cc without permission 
- 42nd Street Photo - Avoid!
- 42ND St Photo - Canon 6D