24 Hour Fitness / steal your money and do not enroll you without your credit card #
This is my conversation to the customer service department:
After my call to customer service Ms. Joy (#T1382)
I must see it is my very unique experience with 24 hour fitness. I am very disappointed that 24 hour fitness customer service has been unable to help with my request. My request was simple, cancel my membership as I will be gone in 30 days from now.
There answer, sorry sir as per contract you have been billed last night for the next 30 days until August 15, so your membership will be valid until September 15, to cancel it you should have called on or before August 10th.
1. I dont know when I am billed because there was a change of plan etc because I havent received any bill, which you should have sent me.
2. This means that I had to call 66 days in advance, even though I understand that everything is in the contract and the last month is paid for and non-refundable.
3. When you give me the long contract, I am told to sign in at the bottom, and not details of the contract, it is standard and without it I cannot join the club
4. The lock in of the last month is practically hidden, so I am actually expected to called in 90 days prior to my last day as it is 30 days prior to my billing cycle. Considering July 15th as my billing date, it should be June 15th, and last month is from August 15th to September 15th. So that means 90 days from June 15th to September 15th. Well that's a pretty strong lock-in period.
5. This is a lock-in, forcing the customer to stay without giving in a chance to pay even a penalty and get away.
6. Last but not the least, you enforce to have a credit card on file, thus making the process invisible and more secure for you than your customers.
I like the club, the people working there, it is a great place and I am sure you have good intentions too but my experience has really made me think, if you have any customer service.
One suggestion, try putting on your bill board "Cancel anytime with a minimum 90 day notice" or "With good customer service I can bring it down to 66 days but you got to give me your credit card number for file"
May I request a reply or a call sometime or an appropriate refund for the payment deducted last night (July 15th).
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - trainer at the hb location: you have a problem
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - 153 e 53 st location
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - health hazard
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - kids club
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - gym maintenance