1MiniMe / Bobblehead looks subhuman

Richmond, Hong Kong Review updated:

Hey guys, sick of 1minime?

I’M DOING EVERYTHING TO FIGHT 1MINIME. IF WE ALL PARTICIPATE, HOPEFULLY WE MIGHT GET SOME RESULTS!

This was my step-by-step procedure:
1. Contact Groupon to get a refund on your Groupon vouchers you used. They did refund me the full amount back to my credit card. Call them directly [protected] Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm CST

2. File a complaint through E-CONSUMER. Under https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Details to enter under “Your Complaint”:

Company phone: Country Code: HONG KONG- 852 Phone Number: [protected]

Type of Transaction: Other—Explain in comments field
Problem Encountered: Defective/Poor quality

Additional Comments (edit as you please, but this is what I wrote):
1minime claims itself as a company that produces self portrait customized bobbleheads of its customers. But it is forcing and manipulating customers to accept poor quality products -- the dolls DO NOT look like its customer’s submitted photos, and passing it off as 100% handmade.

It also claims that the user is able to comment and reject the sculptures until the user is 100% satisfied with the production. However, after the 5th modification, user is needed to pay another fee of $15 for further modification-- clearly manipulative of its terms.

From it's Facebook site: "1minime is selling handmade 3D statues of yourself, shipped directly to your door in 72H."

Ironically it has a clause
12.2
"Every modification requested by the customer will add 1 week to the delivery time. "

This has resulted in months of production time and most customers have not been receiving their orders. For the customers who have received their orders, their sculptures look significantly different and absolutely poorly produced. Contact with the merchant’s representative David Garneau ([protected]@1minime.com) have resulted in rude customer service and he has refused a refund. Their conduct of business has been misleading and unethical, leaving customers with substandard service and products.

3. DISPUTE A TRANSACTION IN PAYPAL OR CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Paypal won't accept disputes after 45 days, but it at least records a log. So if enough of us do this, it will get noticed!
For Paypal Resolution centre: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_complaint-view&nav=0.4

Enter the same details as above, edit if necessary!

1MiniMe
1MiniMe

Comments

• At
      26th of Mar, 2012

Thanks for posting this. I went through your steps 1 (received refund because 1minime had not marked it as redeemed since I am still trying to get the product right) and 2. The entire experience of trying to get a bobblehead from 1minime has been extremely frustrating over the past 4-5months!

26th of Mar, 2012

Glad you found it helpful. It brought closure to me. Treat the money you spent and overall a loss cause so it won't be as frustrating. 1minime won't send out your bobblehead until humans become extinct! People have been waiting for their orders since Oct!

• Su
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Wow, I am ready to strangle this company! I am so frustrated. I ordered two dolls. Each artist sends a photo of the front view and the side view. But one artist keeps sending the side view IN THE DARK and TURNED AWAY from the photo. How in tarnation am I to judge the accuracy of the doll? So, it's a wasted "viewing", which happened shockingly repeatedly, and soon...boom...you're hit with the old $15 to make additional changes. They have continued to sneak in additional fees from the beginning. I am horrified and would have never done this. I could go on forever with the ridiculous events that have occurred, but will stop for now. I'm considering filing complaints through your above stated process, Groupon and the BBB. Maybe Yelp.

• Su
      3rd of Apr, 2012

Update: last night after reading your complaint, and then providing a (very) short summary of my own frustrations (I could have written a detailed list "a mile long"), I wrote David from 1MiniMe (by using the email address you posted for him -- thank you) and attached my ever-growing list of complaints of their process. He responded quickly, providing me unlimited changes at no additional costs. I appreciate that since, one of my 2 dolls is awful and may never get to a final stage. The other doll is pretty good, but the same requests for changes do not get changed correctly so, I appreciate the complimentary unlimited changes! I still have a lot of frustrations with the company and its communication, but this at least has helped -- for the time being.

• Cy
      3rd of Apr, 2012

Thanks for posting this! Working on getting a bobblehead of my husband. Same issues. I am sure the first "draft" was from a template. The creation was so far off the mark again and again. I sent an email this week as I'm so disappointed in the outcome so far. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

11th of Apr, 2012

Hey guys, that's good David gave you unlimited changes, but it's useless when in each step they don't really correct anything much, and the dolls to begin with are crap! Good luck to you all, but don't expect much and consider this a loss

11th of Apr, 2012

Hey guys, thats good David gave you unlimited changes, but its useless when in each step they dont really correct anything much, and the dolls to begin with are crap! Good luck to you all, but dont expect much and consider this a loss

• Ka
      14th of Jun, 2012

Hi
    I ordered a bobble head for my daughters wedding I submitted several photos. Unfortunately the front on photo had my daughters hair pulled back for work. I got the first proof which showed my daughter with her hair up which I rejected as I wanted it down for this.
    I was told it was to late and I had to take it with the hair up.. I said I would pay to have it modified and they still said it was to late and that I had to take it the way it was. I then informed them of my dissatisfaction and that this was for my daughters wedding and isn't there anything I can do... remembering this is at the FIRST PROOF stage... They told me no and they could not refund my money as the statue was already in production.. I am now having to order another (from another company) to get what I want. Not Happy at all with this I could understand if it was the last proof.. I was happy my daughters fiance's sculpture and all I wanted was the perfect statue for my daughter there were many emails but I could not get them to budge... So be very careful if you do use these guys. I would not recommend them

• Ro
      12th of Jan, 2014

I'll cut right to the bottom line. The bobblehead I received looked nothing like the photo I sent. On their website the bobbleheads look very much like the photos they show. Maybe they made the bobblehead first and then took a picture of it.