Commonwealth of Massachusetts / MassHealthhealth insurance is being canceled on july 4th because they lost my documents

L Jun 26, 2019

I was sent a notice that MassHealth needed some documents from me; I sent the documents (9) on June 5th well within the time frame I was given. Today, June 26th I received a notice that my health insurance is cancelled on July 4th. After being on the phone for 2 hours this afternoon explaining that these documents were sent, I was told that they only got a couple of them. I stapled and put my member ID on all the documents I sent them; how could they lose some of those documents? After getting little satisfaction on the phone, I took my copies to Staples and had them faxed to MassHealth at a cost of $26.43 to me! I am disabled and have glaucoma and have several doctor and eye doctor appointments coming up in July. If I have no coverage I could lose my eyesight, have another DVT (I'm on Warfarin) because I cannot afford to pay the doctors out of my pocket. I will be calling MassHealth back in two days (that's what they told me to do) to see if they can expedite the fax I sent today. I have had problems with MassHealth since January of this year; they have made more mistakes than I thought it was humanly possible for them to do! My file folder is busting from documents I've received and documents I have sent them. On top of all this they had me on BMC at a cost of over $600/month! I would have to live in my car to afford this; I am on disability! I am so sick of their lack of management of the documents they receive and lack of timing of documents they send out. How in the world can I meet their process deadline before I am without insurance just because they lost the documents I had already sent in?