Cognizant Technology Solutionsgratuity not paid

C

It's been almost 10 months when I left Cognizant Technology Solutions but they haven't paid Gratuity yet. I have sent number of emails to Cognizant HR, Payroll, finance departments. However, they always emails/says same that we are working to resolve your query.

I have all the paperwork which proves that I am eligible to get the gratuity from Cognizant but nothing is happening. Most worrying thing is that from past one month Cognizant people have stopped replying to my emails.

It's good enough amount for a middle class people who has worked days and night to make their projects successful.

Please help me to get my money which I deserve and let me know in case you need any more details.

Many Thanks

• Sr
    srinivasmajji Sep 15, 2015

i am not sure about this but i found this online
    "Associates are entitled to social security measure calculated at the
    rate of one month's basic pay for every completed year of service."

• Di
    Dinesh C May 04, 2015

being in CTS for 4.8 years?am i eligible for gratuity?

• Wr
    Wreet1 May 26, 2017

@Dinesh C do you get anything on this?

• Ay
    ayank Apr 24, 2015

you can go to http://labour.and.nic.in/comp_claim.htm#gratuity
    here you can download the form and apply for gratuity if your company is not giving it willingly. The details are given this site where you can give a written complaint to THE COMMISSIONER (LABOUR COMMISSIONER)
    After 30 days, you wil get interest on gratuity amount until it is paid.

• Sd
    SDew Apr 17, 2015

You cannot go out of India for this matter. You can approach the labour court. All proceedings and process shall be governed by the jurisdiction mentioned in the appointment letter.

Mahesh KP Apr 04, 2013

Looks like there are whole lot of people having this problem with Cognizant. None of us got Gratuity even after serving 8 to 10 years which is unfair and Cognizant think they can get away. How about taking this legally in India, UK & USA courts..

my name - Mahesh