Menu
Cognizant
reviews & complaints

Cognizant
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

64 complaints
14 resolved 50 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cognizant. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
7:25 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Worst company to work for old hard working employees. We didn't get any promotion or raise since 10 years not because we didn't perform well because we failed to clean lick supervisors bottom Higher management doesn't care for old hardworking loyal employees you live or die doesn't matter as long as you are hardworking they can get huge bonus vacation...

8:50 pm EST

Cognizant - misleading last minute information about interview

I was shortlisted for an interview with CTS. They called me on 23.12.2015 to inform that I will be having a ninterview with Pune Funcmtional people on 24.12.2015 @ 2 PM. Ms Aarthi the caller told a detailed mail will be sent by Ms Lavanya describing the venue. But till 11.45 on 24.12.2015 I did not recieve and mail. All my attempts to contact Ms Arthi who spoke to me where in vain. The consultant who referred my resume to CTS was also reluctant to disclose the email ids or phone numbers of the HR people. Upon repeated requests he gave me the email id and I mailed to the concerned Aarthi. [protected]@cognizant, com at 11.40 immediately she sent a mail at 11.45. I am residing at Choolaimedu and I have to reach OMR by 1.45. Added to all the confusions a wrong door number was mentioned in the mail which made me go up and down in the road for nearly 30 mins. I was able to reach the venue only by 2.30. The HR person was not bothered for the wrong address and the mail did not have the Building Name at all.in the mail there was a note next to Golf village. This was the main confusion since there were two CTS offices on either side of the Golf village After a 30 min further delay the interview happened @ 3.00 pm and the first question the panel asked was about my delay. This think was the reason for me not being selected in the interview.

11:46 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not let this get intercepted. My name is Cheryl Ciance. I live in Cavalier apartments, Newark, de. People use your software, version 7.0 illegally in about 2, 000 apartments. They pollute all apartments and condominiums and hurt people. We live in fear. I reported this before, but it was intercepted by Gary Hearsch. Ex-vice preceding, Dupont experimental...

9:33 pm EDT

Cognizant - "trainees pain & cry"

In a branch of cognizant in metukupam, located at premises of ASV suntech park the new job trainees suffer a lot with a high job time of 10.30 hrs a day with a weekly one day leave (Sunday).
According to international labour law, workers are not supposed to be treated after 8hours under their dissatisfaction or if with their satisfaction they have to be paid with an extra wage for extra working time.
Problems faced by them:
1.women:
Women trainees leave the campus by 7.30pm and they face teasings and fear to walk in their streets as they reach their house or hostels around 9pm.

2.other fellows:
Many people travel far to this office.some from 2 hours and even 3 hours.They face a lot of problems in transportation. Mainly women face a problem. Many girls working there are from siruseri and tambaram .They reach around 9-10 pm.

3.Stress:
There's a psychological study proved that human brain can be active to a maximum of 8hrs .Then how to sit in a chair for 10.30hrs .It violates the nature of job.

4.Health issues:
They suffer from Lumbago (low back pain), head aches, eyes itching and some girl problems with too much sitting irritation.

Fear of trainees:
As they are trainees they fear to approach their superiors that they ll be thrown out or locked by their failure in tests .They also fear to raise in gang or to write the issue to suggestion box.

To the notice:
If proper action not taken I would like to bring it to the notice of our honourable Chief minister Amma, J.Jeyalalitha in her web site "www.cmcell.tn.gov.in " as we all know she takes immediate action in public grievances.

So I kindly request the authorities to take proper action on this issue which gonna save women from danger and make them realize there exists a law .

3:16 pm EDT

Cognizant - misleading new joiners with incorrect job role and unethical hiring

Hi Friends, I am writing this incident so as to make aware for folks who are looking forward to join CTS (Cognizant) for specific accounts/projects. Please don't make your judgements/decisions based on this particular report, because its a particular case and may not happen to someone joining the same account.

It was 2014 starting I got an offer for one project in Tucson, Arizona (TEP client) from CTS. The hiring manager was Manish Agarwal, and the hiring HR was Abhishek Pandya. Please Please Please be aware if you are dealing with "Manish Agarwal" because he is the cunning one and mislead you with the job profile and hide giving proper details on what will be your job responsibilities. I would put in this way. His hunger for power and leading the things in his own way has made him so dominant that he has totally forgotten work ethics and can go to any extent to exploit resources. With due circumstances he has got the powers which he does not deserves and literally playing with lives of his fellow teammates and sometimes making horrible experiences for them.
He recently pulled his wife in the same account with fake ways and now both are making false impressions on client by showcasing their own work in different ways and blocking other team members growth.

I must say Karthik, his supervisor should understand this concern and stop him to exploit other fellow mates in any manner as this wrong and bring ill practices in the system.

All readers please be aware and investigate all aspects before you join the same. I am glad I am no more in this account and with CTS.

6:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I interviewed on campus with the company, had no issues. A week later I get an email saying the following day I would be interviewed at their headquarters in New Jersey. Within 5 minutes I replied that I had never received an email beforehand mentioning this interview, and I had class and exams that day. I never received a reply, and even when I sent an...

4:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company contacted me with a job offer. I went through the interview process and was introduce to my "online supervisor" Scott Rutledge. He briefed me about the job description, benefits, pay, and how if I encounter any issues he will be the person to contact. He informed me that this corporation wants its employees to have the best equipment possible...

2:22 pm EDT

Cognizant - forcing employees to streatch late night

I need to bring this concern about women employees in Cognizant(UBS), Hyderabad and seek your suggestions. Some projects/accounts are ignoring the serious concerns of women associates and ladies are being forced to work in night shift or do the over time till mid night. Specially, OTC Margin Project is harassing the ladies employees even if they are having serious health issues or pregnancy. Ladies are simply forced to work in night shift or stretch till late night even if they finish their work on time. Celebrating only Woman’s Day and Mother’s Day is not enough if they do not take care of such concerns. Can you please advise me where to raise this issue? Thanks for your help!

Apr 01, 2014 11:22 pm EDT

First try raising this with the HR. There must be an HR alias which is sent to multiple people at mulitple levels. Keep as many people in the loop as possible

If there is no response, then create your own 'path'.

I'd suggest get an informal meeting, get all the women to join a forum or have a meeting or mass 'drive' arranged to voice your concerns. You can do this in the cafeteria or any large meeting room. Surely, you are using Outlook Exchange. So getting a meeting request sent to all will not be a problem.

This kind of employer attitude is unacceptable and needs to be taken up.

It is extremely important that you voice your concern and collectively doing this will have maximum impact. All the best!

1:14 am EDT

Cognizant - team lead - total harrasment

I was working with cognizant for almost 4 years and they spoiled my professional career totally. They dont have any good techology projects nor are they good at it. all they have is stupid testing projects all over the globe which is of no use outside, and for these useless projects, managers do a lot of harrasment, especially please be aware of "Shrividhya Swamy", she's one cruel human on earth.She's so dominating and crooked and people literally get suffocated under her. CTS will go no where with people like her in the management side, all employee friendly funda is no more applicable to cts.

F
May 17, 2013 3:21 am EDT

Lots of managers in cts like this, number one politics company...

6:51 pm EDT

Cognizant - human resources taking bribe to select unqualified candidates

TO
HR CHIEF,
COGNIZANT TECHONOLOGOIES LIMITED

Dear Sir,

We would like put in front of you some of the worst things that are happening in our HUMAN RESOURCE Department (HRD) of PERANGUDI cognizant Branch.

Some of the HRD people of this PERANGUDI Branch are spoiling the image of our esteemed organization very badly.Mr KANNAN, HR In charge, Mr. P V S KUMAR HR Manager and one lady executive are misusing their office capacity by recruiting NON SUITABLE persons at various capacities in our branch by taking bribe and some personal benefits. These people are very badly using their power and spoiling our company image by recruiting the unfit and non suitable candidates.

One example we would like quote here for cross checking.

Sir, recently these above said three HR personal recruited a person by name Mr. K.HARI KRISHNA (who is very close relative of Mr. PVS KUMAR).

1) This HARIKRISHNA does not have even one required qualifications for the post to which he recruited.

2) He is a very ordinary person with very very less marks in SSC, INTERMEDIATE and in DEGREE ALSO. Even FIRST class also not there.

3) Not only this he possessed MBA degree in MARKETING, where he recruited on the basis of MBA(HR).His MBA percentage is also very less.

4) He has around 8 to 9 years gap between studies. These years he wasted his time and loitered very badly.

5) His knowledge in English and his communication skills and his HR skills are literally zero. He can’t talk at least with other people in own mother tongue TELUGU.

6) His short previous experience also not related HR Department. He worked as MARKETING executive in a small private firm and that also very short term.

Sir, if you dig like this you can find out various non suitable qualities in him. He is really unfit for the post but still he was selected because he is close relative of Mr. P V S KUMAR.Mr HARI KRISHNA is not fit for attender post but now is in the post where he is judging the other candidates suitability for a job in our organization. This is really ridiculous.

we are really wondering how this HARI KRISHNA got appointment where as lot of suitable candidates with lot of hopes are waiting out side for their opportunity to serve our organization. Serving our esteemed company requires a hard and dedicated people not like HARI KRISHNA and co. This purely because of KANNAN and P V S KUMAR and LADY executive who are getting personal gainings. For their selfishness they are scarifying the company image very badly.

Sir, for the sake of the our company and suitable and desired candidates who are having lot hopes of getting an opportunity to serve our company, please take proper and stringent action on above said three HR personnel. Please remove the persons like Mr. HARI KRISHNA from the services and give opportunity for the right candidates.

Hope you will do the right thing and save our company image and save the desired candidates hopes and dreams by taking very stringent action above said three executives and removing Mr.HARI KRISHNA from the services and give opportunity to right persons.

Hope you will respond quickly for the good cause.

Thanking you sir.

CC: HR CHIEF, HEAD OFFICE, THORAIPAKKAM,
CC: CHIEFOF COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY, HEAD OFFICE, THORAIPAKKAM,
CC: VIGILLENCE CELL, HEAD OFFICE, THORAIPAKKAM,

9:43 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It's been almost 10 months when I left Cognizant Technology Solutions but they haven't paid Gratuity yet. I have sent number of emails to Cognizant HR, Payroll, finance departments. However, they always emails/says same that we are working to resolve your query. I have all the paperwork which proves that I am eligible to get the gratuity from Cognizant but...

O
9:41 pm EDT

Cognizant - husband hires wife

Husband who happens to be a Vertical Managfer in The Hartford (CT) hires his wife who has absolutely no experience in either India or US. Wife gets hired within 6 weeks. Copy of mail from the guy asking for reference is attached.

View 0 more photos

9:46 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was selected for cognizant through compussing.I was promised a job of a programmer .During the HR interview the HR said that if you would like to serve in the networking department for a few months then we will shift you to programing .But once i entered the networking department i asked if this was permanent or would i get a job as a programmer.He said...

5:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

CTC offered me the job although I had mentioned that I had worked for them earlier for 10 days but I had to leave them as my mother was very ill. But, when this was told to HR after wards, she revoked the offer letter. This happened in CTS Mumbai and I believe that there is no point in telling the truth to these people . They dont believe in humanity, they only see money and run for money.

N
6:30 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Human resources at cognizant technology solutions (Cts) has come out with a novel method to harass employees not in favour with the management. I have been at the receiving end of such a shoddy treatment engineered by mr. Jacob raj who is a senior manager, human resources, cts, chennai. This method was also being followed by third rate software companie...

7:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been working peacefully in the last 11.5 years in the IT industry and have worked with the best and the worst in this industry. I have seen employers who do not pay salaries on time (or salaries at all - sighting several reasons), not giving proper certificates, not having toilets at the premises, not giving any overtime, etc. But never have I seen a...

4:09 am EDT

Cognizant - poor treatment of onsite employes

CTS is worse than a body shopping company. I m recruited in CTS-Singapore and was sent to Swiss for a 3 month training at client. Once I report to Swiss CTS, no one bothers to care about my dependant visas or reloation back to Singapore. I have to ask my wife to resign n join me at Zurich. I had to fight my way back to Singapore ( I m a Singapore resident and I wish to stay at Singapore). I convince client to relocate me to Singapore team. But CTS takes advantage of the oppurtunity and works the recontract with higher billing and sells me as Sr Project Manager (as same level as client hiring manager but I m not briefed on that). Client holds me for 1 year and due to interim bad relations with CTS account managers starts terminating CTS resources. As a result my contract with client dint get renewed. CTS asks me immediately return to India (though client assures me 1 month notice). CTS doesnt brief me on India pay package till I land at Pune. Once I land at Pune, I m shell shocked to see the offer (salary refittment) they put. Its just 9 lks for 9 years experienced. (the same was offered in 2007 April by company x, and now its 3 years since then). They dont promote me to APM, still hold me at SA level. They dont even pay my return travels charges (Taxi fare). Still not sure if they are going to pay my 10 days India stay. Stupid stingy crap company. Guess what I did in the next 15 mins after knowing the refitted Indian salary. I put down my papers and stream of congrajulations poured on me.

2 comments
Dec 27, 2010 4:31 am EST

Cognizant is a hell. I became CTS employee by the means of the transition from UBS to CTS.

O
Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm EDT

I agree CTS is not good for lateral hires, you need to be from Chennai or kolkata or Pune to move your way up in the org. Salaries at CTS are below par. Anyways CTS has nothing to offer apart from cheap billing rates to its end clients and all the issues are offshot of this problem.

3:16 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cognizant(CTS) is knows as Chennai Tech Solutions, the company owned and operated by Chennai people...Really pathetic experience from such people. If you speak tamil, you will get whatever you want even if you don;t deserve. All team members speak in tamil even though you have team members who does not understand tamil, speaking tamil in all meeting i...

12:14 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The HR team in Cognizant is very unethical. They are like the mafia. When my manager along with the account management team worked unethically, I reported it to the HR, and the HR threatened to kick me out of the organization in the pretext of something else. The Code of Ethics is a document to cover the unethical operations performed by the senior...

5:18 pm EDT

Cognizant - hr operations and poor integrity

When a company grows it is important to hold tight the values as well as to conform to the policies, which makes it viable for its next level. Looks like Cognizant is not cared about it and sure this negative attitude will show up if it continues not to care for a long time.
To cite an example, Cognizant has not announced the promotion list till today which was due to March end (Almost 2 months delay). There has not been any communication to employees regarding why the delay or when the results should be expected. Management do not attend to or bother to answer the questions raised in company forums and HR helpdesks.
This shows primarily, how weak they are in HR operations and organizational communications. The value given to employees comes next.
Imagine the fate of the project if the software developers and engineers and project leads shows the same kind of attitude - ie; two months after deadline also no communication regarding the delay and when it is expected. Also ignoring emails and query from clients about the delivery ;)
It will not go till two months. In a couple of weeks they will be thrown out of the project if they show an attitude similar to what they receive from their employer.
Hopefully management will realise it's weak links sooner than later.

Jun 23, 2008 10:02 pm EDT

The HR team in Cognizant is very unethical. They are like the mafia.
The Code of Ethics is a document to cover the unethical operations performed by the senior management. Management team performs unethical stuff all the time. They bill for offshore staff who are on vacation. And they lie about the skill sets of associates. And they make onsite coordinators lie about the work completed by offshore. They lie about anything and everything. They set an example to the subordinates that not only is it okay to lie, but also that those who don't lie are against the organizational goals.
We shouldn't be forced to lie by our management. And we need HR and Talent Managers who have some bit of ethics and conscience. Our CEO and HR heads should try to pay more attention to the small details of organizational ethics instead of caring only about revenue. Management shouldn't teach values that it is okay to take advantage of the clients for the sake of money.

Cognizant contacts