Cleary Building Corporationno follow up - salesmen quit - terrible business ethics

J Jan 13, 2019

Be wary of this company. I was all signed up, deposit given and was ready for my new barn. Unfortunately my sales rep quit and I was never notified. After months of not hearing anything I called in only to find out this fact and the new rep of course say " I was just getting ready to call you " after time went on ( over a few more months) I find out that he has quit and now another rep has quit. Now being on my 3rd rep I felt wary of this company I'm about to give a lot of money too. After I call to cancel my contract Cleary decides it's in its best interest to keep a pretty substantial part of my down payment. :-(
While talking to management I was considering decided to continue my contract as they seemed very nice.
Unfortunately I just can't do business with a company putting my "back to the wall" concerning my down payment and feels it's in its best interest to keep monies that were not earned.
Before signing papers to build with Cleary, verify just how long the rep has been with the company and be ready to deal with others and do your own follow up since they do not. Very disappointed with their business practice!!!

• Cleary Building Apr 22, 2019

As a follow up to the recent post from one of our clients in the Butler PA area, Cleary Building Corp is absolutely not in financial trouble. We are 100% debt free and have a mid-seven figure line of credit. And we have an extensive list of very satisfied clients. We have sold over 111, 000 buildings since we opened our doors for business in 1978 and we have built equally as many. We have a 99% customer satisfaction rating and while we know that we are not perfect, we certainly strive to be. The circumstances that have transpired on this particular client’s project are unfortunate; however, we are actively working with this client in attempt to construct the building that was purchased as per the terms of the contract. We have incurred significant expense on this project and we are under contract with this client. Cancelling the project at this point in the process comes with great costs to cover the expenses to date. Again, we are hopeful that we can come to a mutual agreement with this client and execute the contract as it was written. I welcome anyone to contact me directly at [protected] to discuss our company’s past and future performance along with our extensive list of satisfied customers. I would also encourage you to check out our website at www.clearybuilding.com along with additional client testimonials located at www.myclearybuilding.com.
    Brian Ransom, General Manager of Operations at Cleary Building Corp.

• Ha
    Hard working horse owner Apr 19, 2019

Cleary Building Corp must be in financial trouble. Buyer BEWARE. Do not even consider a Cleary Building Corp building. I do believe in the past they were a reputable company but they are certainly now not reputable. My story is very similar to yours. They have my deposit of 50, 000, and have said that it was my fault that after 9 months of being put off for some bogus reason or another and seeing 4 other Cleary Building Corp buildings within 50 miles of Butler PA have one construction trouble after another, that I I refused to let them start until they could prove that they have a quality crew that has the capability of building my 80 x 200 indoor arena that it is now somehow my fault. Yes, they have a contract, yes, they tried and succeeded in deceiving me when I signed the contract as I was not looking for them to be a scam artist, yes I even signed change orders under duress and I signed as much because they said they would not start construction unless I signed them. Then 9 months later they tried to say I requested the change orders. After one issue after another that I do not trust that they can actually make a quality building anymore, and I certainly did not expect to have extortion tactics used on me. So yes, my bad for not being aware that such a big company could be so awful to deal with. I should have expected the worst in a company, then I would not have been so disappointed . Funny for them to say I am in breach of contract, how many others have heard this same story. I think they are in financial trouble and their contract is just a way of fooling hard working people who are not lawyers, people who just want a building, not legal issues or hassles into financing their Super bowl commercials and who knows what else. Cleary Building Corp certainly has a big plan in mind for your money. And it does not always include a quality product nor satisfied customer service.

• Cleary Building Feb 14, 2019

Cleary Building Corp has been in business for over 40 years and sold over 111, 000 buildings. We have never proclaimed that we are perfect and in construction this is sometimes an impossible task. What we do recognize is that we do fall down but always we work to correct the problem in a diligent and expeditious manner. We have branches throughout the United States and we have our corporate office in Verona, WI that monitors customer service throughout country. Our contract document is upfront about the next steps of the project and what happens if a party does not want to proceed. We make every effort possible to correct a situation and follow through with a contract, including in this case. Cleary Building Corp is a custom builder and every project is a unique design for us. This person does not want to proceed now but 6 months ago they said they may come back for a different building. We offered them a credit for the next building when they return. Thank you, Mike Wuennemann, Director of Marketing