Clairolnice'n easy

I've just been reading an earlier complaint about a similar product to the one I'm writing about: Clairol nice'n easy Foam, Colour 5A (medium ash brown). Like the previous writer, I have been using this product in its previous form (shampoo, not foam) and the colour was as described. This time (first time I've used the foam) the same colour came out pitch black. It's completely unsuitable for my age and colouring, and looks ridiculous. I'm not sure how to proceed with this complaint, but would like to warn other potential users that what you see is not what you may get!

• Qt
    qtcharger Dec 05, 2018

I have been using Nice'N Easy for over 35 years and now I am done. They keep changing the numbers on their product and the new and improved sucks, it made me sick to my stomach from the smell of it. Why is it when you find something you like they have to change it. When I called they told me I was doing it wrong...really. I used medium ash blonde and it turned my hair brown. I used 103 and because they kept changing the colors I guess I screwed up but I use to use ash blonde and never ever turned my hair brown. I don't even want to go out sad but true. I guess there are a lot more people that are mad also, too bad you lost a long time customer.

• Do
    Dorothy Ball Jun 30, 2018

I have used nice-n-easy for about 10-years and have always been really pleased. I always have my hair done professionally but buy my own colour. After all this time I have bought the same colour as always but this time it turned out 'Carrot colour' instead of Light warm brown. It is horrendous and is awful for my age & image. I will have to have this changed again in a few days and cannot bear to go out looking like this - apart from the expense of having it redone. I want to know what compensation you are going to give me as it will have cost me double to have it done. I await to hear your reply which I hope will be in the next few days.
    Dorothy Ball

• Ra
    raventaft Feb 26, 2014

Did you change the mixture in the 103A when changed the number to 8/103A? My friends and my self have been using this product sense it came out with great results, It now has a reddish cast on all of us. The red seems to fade after a few washes, but looks terrible for about 2 weeks?

• Ba
    Bapps Jan 30, 2014

To late for that. I did a strand test and still had blisters facial and mouth and scalp swelling. I was horrified with the facial swelling. I had ambulance and emergency room bills. Not to mention that out of no place now I have lupus.

• 4b
    4boyz4me Apr 17, 2011

To our Clairol consumers – we are here to help!

When selecting your shade, please make sure to look at the before and after color swatches found on the back panel of each box to help you see how the shade will look on your hair. Also, as with any hair color product, performing a Strand Test before applying the color to your head will help reinforce this confidence. if you’re unhappy with the results of your strand test, please call our expert hotline at 1-800-CLAIROL [protected]) for advice on choosing a better shade.

We are here to help, and if you’ve had an issue or a problem with the Color Blend Foam that you’d like to discuss with us, please call our Supervisory Team at [protected]. If you receive our voicemail, please leave your name and number, and we will call you back as soon as possible.