CitiMortgageloan modification

C

I am not going to tell the same story as everyone on here. Just sent letters off to the attorney generals office in florida. Sent documentation to ftc in washington, also to the ftc in florida.

Long and short of it is this
1) unethical truth in lending practices
2) Notary Fraud ...they took first document I signed and had notarized that got me into the HAMP program and switched notarized page to new loan modification paper work. they doubled my payments
3) They back dated documents HA I kept very good notes on times and dates and the person I was speaking with while they were taking my automatic payments every month for the original documents. I saved my western union grams every month.
(side bar the recorded conversations by law cannot be destroyed )

I have a foreclosure attorney & now have an attorney to handle class action suit on a contingency basis but I need a few others to get the ball rolling ...Sorry this is for florida residents only
Again there is no out of pocket expense to you to see if you fit into the class action of deceptive trade practices that seem common place by all the reviews on here.

If you would like to take part in this class action please contact
James at [protected]@yahoo.com
Please we all are in need of help and I am sharing this with all of you so you know how to get some answers from our elected government officials.
I will not stop fighting this cruel and just criminal actions by Citimortgage.
I am for real just google Palm Beach post from Friday Feb 10, 2012

• Ka
    Karlafll Oct 08, 2015

OMG. What do we need to do? I have been trying to get a modification for 3 years with citi mortgage. I was not late when I started talking to them about my hardship. I had a perfect credit score and they would not refinance, because I was underwater. Finally, I defaulted but kept mailing smaller amount. They were taking them, and leading me to believe that I could qualify for HARP or any other program available. My 1st assigned specialist sends a list of all the documents I needed to provide. I did. Thinking that everything has gone through I waited, until I got another letter telling me that I had another specialist and to call and schedule an appointment. I lost all that time. To make a long painful story shorter, I went through more than 6 specialists in the past three years. I finally decided to buy the bullet and hired an attorney. I wasted $ 4000. The attorneys's Paralegals could not get to Citi either. Another year went by, the opened and closed my file within that year four times. The attorney took my case himself and did everything I have been doing with the difference that he called every day, he asked for someone else to review my file and 6 months later I got a letter denying me. It took 3 years for them to send a letter denying my application for a Modification. The explanation was that the bank is securing my mortgage is M & T and it does not participate in any of the programs available, and I got denied because I had insufficient income funds. No kidding. The only program they have is a repayment plan. I had to come up with $35000 to put down and then my payments will include the interest accrued, the penalties, attorneys’ fees and the principal. I asked how much would that be. They have not given me an answer of the amount of my debt with them yet. I thought about it, and I decided to give it a try I took a second job showing an increase in my income and I rented the second floor of my house. The representative took my new numbers calculated the monthly fee and he said you don't qualified for this program either. Now, he is asking me to lie in a letter saying that I don't want to keep my home and that I have refused all the retention options that they have given me. In order to qualify to do a short sale, I have to provide them this letter as part of all the documents that they are asking from me again. However, he said my best option is the deed in lieu of foreclosure because they will give me some reallocation money. I need help.

• Ci
    civihero Aug 09, 2013

Our Mortgage Loan Coordinator, Joshua Matigian, has the audacity to ask for statements explaining properties from years and years go. How this bank works is they receive the financial statements requested, then the processing time takes so long that they constantly request paperwork because they become outdated. This bank is a joke and obviously cannot handle their workload. Only way to get anything is to contact representatives, the White House, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Feel free to send him your CitiMortgage complaints at [email protected] Our mortage is based in Orlando, Florida and him, and probably his supervisors have been requesting redicious documentation based on my community sending complaints to CitiMortgage.

• De
    dealcloser1969 Feb 07, 2013

Penny Mac operates just like a giant collection agency. They purchase debt for pennies on the dollar and then aggressively collect. Penny Mac can be challenged and beaten though ~ by filing proper FDCPA complaints. You can also challenge the debt through the FCRA and file through the major credit bureaus. These complaints must carry proper merit or they will be dismissed. Feel free to call us at 877.297.7011 or visit www.TheFreshStartFirm.com for more info.

Renoira Oct 10, 2012

I have filed numerous complaints. Please file with the SEC and the CFPB, they "say" if they get enough complaints they will investigate. The problem is, there is not method of following up. Yes, these people are crooks and brag about how much money they make!

• Sh
    Shawn D. Oct 10, 2012

Hi everyone, I'm also suffering from the same faith as my loan with Citi was sold to PennyMac criminals most likely penny's on a dollar (funny how their name fits their criminal act). Anyhow, I'm just wondering if we can all file a class action lawsuit against PennyMac and put them out of business and have citi take back all the mortgages and force them to modify out loans?
    I've filed a complaint against them, but not sure if single handedly I can win against them. Let's please help each other...

• Wr
    Writer50 Jul 31, 2012

Oh please .. don't even get me started on Citi! In negotiations for a loan modification? Yea, right. More like, we'll string you along for the next 6 - 8 months, then before you know it, you'll have a court date to determine when your house is going to be sold! They make it next to impossible to work with, even AFTER you have done all that was required of you and then some. We had avoided filing bankruptcy in the hopes that we would get a modification through Citimortgage, but now, it appears to be our only option. We had taken out a home equity loan back in the good ol' days when the economy was great and my husband and I were both working. We sank over forty thousand ... yes .. .forty thousand into this house, only to have it all taken away. So, now we're paying on a loan that is only going to be sold at a sheriff's sale. Our daughter was raised in this house. All her memories are in this house. She is entering her senior year, unsure of where we will live. These should not be the worries of our children, yet unfortunately in todays world, they are. Throughout the whole long drawn out process with Citimortgage, it has not only impacted my faith and trust in humanity, but it has also had an adverse effect on my health. To say I am angry with Citimortgage would be a gross misunderstatement. If there is a class action lawsuit against them and their predatory practices, please, please let me know. Thank you for letting me vent.

• Rl
    rldearmond Jul 18, 2012

I have had my home on the market since December 2012 for a short sale due to losing my job in August of 2011. We had an offer that Citi refused. We just found out today, July 18th, 2012, that the short sale was declined due to my IRA having $600, 000 so therfore there is no hradship. I am unemployed and cannot make the mortgage payments yet they want me to cash in my IRA and bring the loan current. The short sale was declined as they say I have over $700, 000 in liquid assets (I wish). Everyone knows that if you cash in your IRA the taxes, fees and penalties are enormous. My home will now go into foreclosure where everyone loses, even Citi. Doesn't make any since.

Renoira Jun 25, 2012

Interesting how all of these stories are the same, yet if you "google" PennyMac, you will read about how they opened their IPO with the intention of "helping" homeowners. I have not heard of ANY homebuyers being helped.

PennyMac is comprised of the same executives that ran Countrywide into the ground. Our government labeled Countrywide as the primary reason for our economic decline, then allows them to open up another business under the guise of PennyMac who forecloses on the same loans they developed at Countrywide. Interesting that our government does nothing about it. Do you think the fact the our Secretary of State, Timothy Geithner is behind the inception of PennyMac has anything to do with the collusion? Gee, I wonder...

• Ri
    Rick Hague Jun 07, 2012

I have the same story... Now my house is up for short sale and i have a family of 4 ! .. We have no place to go ! I currently pay $ 1200 + in interest alone every month.on a 2100 dollar mortgage. I bought my house in 2005, It is now worth 60000 less than i paid for it. I am losing everything i have worked for over the past 20 Years . I drained my 401 k trying to make ends meet but although i have never lost my job in construction I did go from working 55-60 hrs a week to 40. My story is not uncommon. So why isn't our government doing anything to help us? Why are these banks getting away with not helping people after they took the bail out ? ... I called citi for the last time last week to make a last ditch effort to reason with them for help. I said you are making $ 1200 a month in interest why can't you just take 800 a month and add the difference to the back end of the loan or add time to the loan. They just laughed and said "no we don't do that." I said why not ? if my house goes to short sale you get hundreds of thousands less then if you keep me in the house. They said " no" Then asked me" is there was anything else we can do for you " To which i replied " Not unless you can find me a place to go with a family of 4" There was a long pause and then " Obviously i can't help you with that sir " so i said "Then i guess you can't help than can you " ... Thanks for nothing citi !!!

• Pj
    PJ27 May 03, 2012

Chuck, you are not alone! There aren't enough people in Michigan speaking up about this issue. We've been wronged twice. In 2010, and again 2012. Both times we qualified, the 2nd time because citi reported my husband as being late for 8 mo. we were denied lower mortgage payments 2012. Never missed a payment, never late a payment, have bank statements to prove this. We are looking for a good lawyer in Michigan to start a class action lawsuit against CitiMortgage. We would like Jeff Fieger, so we're putting the word out on every forum.

• Cl
    Class Action in Florida Apr 09, 2012

Since my postings a number of us have shown an interest in initiating a class action suit for their unfair and illegal truth in lending practices .
    I have initiated a class action suit and have gotten many responses on here.
    I to am in the same boat as the rest of you
    Their unfair and illegal truth in lending practices are gonna catch up with them.

I Have an attorney taking the case on a contingency basis and there will be no out of pocket expenses just to talk with him.

THE MORE WE ARE, THE STRONGER WE ARE !!!

if you are interested

[email protected]
    refernce class action suit
    James Hirschfeld

Renoira Apr 02, 2012

Please view our video an sign our petition to have PennyMac investigated.

We are in the same boat and find it deplorable that the same banksters that created this predatory lending practices in the 1st place while they were at Countrywide can now profit from their fraud as PennyMac. They disclaim all association with Countrywide, but they are all the same executives. Some of them are from B of A, also. Talk about racketeering!

• Lo
    Loan Apr 02, 2012

I was same boat like you guys. Citi Mortgage sold my loan to Pennymac after they rejected my loan modification for couple times. After I finished the trial period with CitiMortgage, they still rejected to give me a permanent loan modification. I got charged late fee during trial period and during repaymentt plan. Citi collected a lot of late fee over these unsuccessful loan modification like us. After I finished my repayment plan with Citi, then they sold me to Pennymac. Now I am with Pennymac and I am out of luck since I could not qualify for the big national mortgage settlement with five big banks(Citi is one of them).
    I just found out that we should make all these complaint to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (this firm takes care all complaints from mortgage lenders). They will investigate all the lenders and hope that justice will always win. Good luck to you all!

• Cl
    Class Action in Florida Mar 28, 2012

Your an idiot just read some of the complaints that are on here your a far left thinker that likes to see people suffer
    Hide behind your computer screen and make dumb ### comments

• Sc
    Screwedby_Citi Mar 06, 2012

A property that I own is under forclosure by CITI Morgage for the past few years. The first attempt was thrown out of court because thay couldn't prove how thay became owner of the morgage note. This property I took pocession of after my fathers losing bout with cancer. I had let them know he was decessed and I was the deeded owner of the property now and would like to take resposabilty for the debts ect. What a mistake they anciated tax escrow tripleing the monthly payment. When I asked them to cancel tha escrow and return the payment to the normal $269 dollars they told me that I was not athurized to make changes to this account. I asked them what I needed to do and followed their every request again and agian over and over hundreds of phone calls and Citi employes later. I was told that they saw were they had not canceled they escrow when it had a zero balance and admited fault for not correcting they morgage payment. I then expressed that I didn't feel that I should be punished for there continued mistakes and she agreed. Upon there acknowlagement of ther mistake we over the phone made the correct P&I payments for the few months that this problem had been going on and the next moths schedualed payment in advance to give them extra time to correct their problems, , AGREED. Guess not now after all the attempts I made to have my name added to the account under their direction they wouldn't so now not being behind any payments at all the Sheriff pulls into my yard one April day and serves me with papers that I am being sued for forclosure the funny thing is my #@%#*%$ name is now on every page get that. They had no problem taking my money supposidly to rectify the situation and did't, they would not simply add my name to the account but had no problem attaching it to everything else. Bottom line they a foreclosing on the property when it was never in default ... Feel free to contact me @ [email protected] I think it's time someone takes responsabilty not just advantage of us!!!

calihomehell Aug 24, 2011

Renoira, I fully agree with you. I too have written to almost everyone but it was CitiMortgage. I have not done that yet with PennyMac since right now I am waiting for their reply on the mod. They did say they lost my paperwork but same day I got it back to them since nothing changed.

To all who have posted, curious to know where you stand with PennyMac. Did they modify your loan? I am waiting for them right now and happy to discuss stories.

Good luck to all of us.

Renoira Aug 23, 2011

We can help one another if we complain enough. I have already written the governor, the attorney general and the department of corporations. PennyMac is headed up the the same execs who drive Countrywide into the ground. Lets deluge them with complaints until they are forced to do something.

• Pe
    PENNYMAC_FRAUD Jun 14, 2011

Hi,
    I am in the same boat. However, my loan mod was approved by citi. i got the papers and signed and faxed the same day. But to my shock, i was told that the loan was sold to PENNYMAC by a separate dept. within CITI on the same day .Coincidence?

I faxed the mod. papers to PENNYMAC. They told me that they don't have any obligation to honor that agreement. My house is in foreclosure now.

calihomehell Jun 04, 2011

Hello again, it sounds like you are 3-4 weeks ahead of us. We also got a letter saying they have everything they want for our mod and I call weekly to make sure they do but sounds like they will send a letter with a rejection and here we go again. I will post again my next update and hope you do the same. I still hear people say that people shouldn't have purchased a home they couldn't afford but this is beyond this and if anyone is still fighting to keep their home, why not these banks work with us? Obvious question but logic is not in the banks' mind. Goodluck to all of us.

• Ur
    URANUS Jun 04, 2011

Hi I'm in California, same story with Citimortgage and PennyMac. Citimortgage denied our modification many times without any explanation, so every time they did deny us we did re-apply. Then we found out the loan was sold to PennyMac. We send all the documents for the loan mod. again, and they send us the letter that they received all the docs. After one month they told us, sorry your modification was denied because you didn't send us all the docs. We did send again the docs. they wee asking for. It's been two weeks, and we didn't received anything. We called first they said they didn't received the docs (again) I told them I have tracking info about package being delivered and they checked and said it's not in the system yet...This is going to be long way as it was with Citimortgage. all the lenders are the same, using the same practice ...

• Ro
    rolbe72763 May 16, 2011

I have been having the exact same problems with Citi! This has been going on for 2 years. Its amazing all the stories I read, sound exactly like mine! When I applied for the 1st modification, I sent the paperwork in FIVE times, but was denied the modification, because I did not send in the papers! So they said I had to reapply. I did sent in all the papers AGAIN, and I also received a text from Citi on March 8th stating my modification would be done within 30 days. I call a couple of times a week, keep documentation of the time, person, and what was said. I have YET to get the same answer out of any of their reps. Plus you can NEVER talk to the same person. They have my house scheduled for sale on June 24th. I bought my house, with 75% equity in it. I only took out a $25, 000 loan, and due to their mistakes, they now are saying I have nearly 15, 000 in legal fees to pay. What can I do, to prevent losing my home, the only thing I have, because the bank has no clue what they are doing?? I have alot of health issues, and they are contributing to my BP being very high. Plus I was never served with formal foreclosure papers, I was making the trial payment, for months, didnt miss one, and was not late on one. Then they refused to take a payment, stating my house was in foreclosure, and they told me, its not their job to advise me that my house is in foreclosure! I was calling continually, and then all of the sudden, my house is back in foreclosure. I have had it with Citi bank! If anyone has took them to court and won, please let me know. I think that will be my next step! Thanks!!

• Li
    lisac123 May 13, 2011

I have the same storry as you guys. Applied for a loan modification, was denied 3x's and now my loan is with PennyMaC. We have to come up with a huge amount up front and we have an agreement to pay triple our motrgage payment for 6 months until we are current. AM so hoping this works and they don't take our home. I am seeing if the attorney who did our closing can look at the agreement, so we can avoid foreclosure. Whatever you do, MAKE SURE it's in writing. I'm questioning some of the language in the agreement about the foreclosure "Lender will not cancel any pending foreclosure proceedings until the Borrower fully cures the Default and renstates the Loan by making all payments due under the Loan, including but not limited to, mortgage payments, attorney fees and any other charges". So if I am making all these payments at the end do I end up owing them 10's of thousands of dollars for attorney fees, etc...? I think that needs to be CHANGED!!!

calihomehell Apr 17, 2011

I too am in California and just got a letter that CitiMortgage sold my loan to PennyMac. I have been trying from Oct 2009 to just a week ago to modify my loan with no success. Citi came up with every excuse every time. We applied 5 times and got rejected 5 times. Now the loan is sold. Any direction or advise at this point? I am now disputing Citi's last decission to reject our modification. It's all a joke and they have the last laugh. From reading these posts on PennyMac, I am even more depressed because for a second I thought there might be hope with a new lender :-)
    Thank you to anyone who replies - good luck to all.

Renoira Mar 26, 2011

OMG...This is my story, also. I am in California. Do you think it's a scam? Why aren't these guys in jail?

• Te
    TequilaSunrise Mar 25, 2011

I started last year in a loan modification, was told that we were approved and they sent out the paper work, when I recieved the paper work I read it and did not like how it sounded. I called the guy that was helping me with this and he called Citi and was told that is how all of the "trial modifications" were worded. I was told to sign and send back in to them and I did along with my new payment. Made all payments on time and I started calling to find out when my completed paper work would arrive and was told on several occassions that it would take 30 to 60 days for them to be sent out, and then the rep told me to contintue to make the arranged payment. Well now it is 60 days later and one of the customer service reps that spoke with told me the truth, I was never in a modification for my loan I was in forbarance, and that I should have started making my regular payments, which by the way I could not afford in the first place. I have lived in this house for over 15 years and now they are throwing us from one person to the next. I think what they are doing is putting these loan modification out there as trails and submitting this to the govenrment in ordered to get a payment from the government and then they go back on their word and the government is non the wiser because they never check to see if this mortgage company is doing exactly as they say they are doing. It is just another way to steal money for its customers as well as the government. The world thought that this recession was bad just wait until the truth about all of this SAVING the HOUSING MARKET, the banks will then own the whole country and the US Dollar will not be worth $0.00. We will not even be able to barder for food or anything else.

marie blevins Mar 24, 2011

We are having the same problem! We too filed for a modification when my husband lost his job. 3 months later htey said that we did not qualify, so we started paying our normal amount again. I have always called our payment in, and it wasnt until 6 months later, when I called to make a payment, that they said we were 9 months behind and have put our house on the market to be auctioned off today. We did not even recieve a letter about the auction until 2 weeks ago! We have 4 children... where are we supposed to go when our credit has been destroyed?! We must do something about this company!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Fr
    Frank Eliason Mar 17, 2011

adkz, I was very disappointed when I read your story here. My name is Frank and I work at Citi. I realize there's a lot of opportunity for improvement. If there's anything you need assistance with now, or if you would like to share more about your negative experience, please get in touch with me.

Frank Eliason
    Citi
    [email protected]

• Fr
    Frank Eliason Mar 11, 2011

SirChuck, my name is Frank and I work at Citi. I think I saw your comment on a different site and left my contact info. I'm sorry that we didn't give you a good way to get back in touch with us about your loan. I'd like to hear about your experience and see what I can do to help. Looking forwward to hearing from you.

Frank Eliason, Citi, [email protected]

• Fe
    fedupinmass Mar 08, 2011

Sign me up ! over a year multiple They play their game with taxpayer money .Why the consumer gets the shaft.I cant count the documents that I have sent to them .and allways thay drop the ball.When you finally do get to speak to someone iether you cant understend there language or thay are paid to act as dumb as possible .contacted att genarel in Mass It called unfair debt collection practices . loosing it in mass!

• Si
    sirChuck Mar 03, 2011

After months of poor service I received an adverse response to my loan modification application, no signature, phone number, name or any other way to appeal the rejection even though my net pension check is less than 2, 200 dollars and my monthly mortgage payment is 1, 229 dollars. Apparently the government billions the bank accepted for the making homes affordable program is better spent to build a new bank in some third world country where the bank can fleece some more people at our taxpayers expense. Chuck Almont, Mi. 48003

• Pa
    Paula M D Feb 19, 2011

i am going to use that number for the CEO because I am in the same boat as all of you. Thank you and I will keep you up to date!

• Mo
    morethanjustahouse Feb 19, 2011

OMG... THIS IS MY STORY!!! THE Dates are even the same...I'm in Virginia its late here and I'm doing this via cell phone just looking for help...I have lost sleep over dealing with pennymac and citimortgages foul up...only ours is @ the tune of $36000...will comment more tomorrow from computer...would love to compare stories...maybe we can help each other until then ill add you to my prayers tonite...go to until then Google complaints against pennymac...and click on the loansafe.org and read those comments..gives me chills.

• Il
    i love my home Feb 13, 2011

i started a loan modify with citimortgage aug 2009 and was told by a rep not to pay sept. and oct house payment ( i was not behind in my house payment) then in nov 2009 start my trial, dec, jan 2010 feb 2010 for four months. i complied and finished my trial period . i get this letter that citimortgage sold my loan to pennymac mortgage, i must pay them in march. i called citimortgage and was told that my loan modification was transferred over to pennymac well that was a big lie. i found out when citimortgage sold my loan to pennymac it put me two month behind on my mortgage with pennymac and now i'm getting these letters from pennymac you must pay 4, 000.00 more or less to avoid foreclosure because the trial period totals and the two months aug. and sept now i must start over again with pennymac for a loan mortgage meanwhile it is so hard to catch with 4000.00 and more . i would like to file a lawsuit against citimortgage because it is do easy to lose your home because citimortgage have untrained personel to handle loan moditifacation meanwhile i still struggly to keep my home.
    m

• Ad
    adkz Feb 03, 2011

If you have applied for a modification with Citimortgage be aware when they turn you down after faxing and mailing bundles of information over and over they will require you to pay in full all back payments due to paying the modification amount that they instruction you to do. I called twice a week for a year the end result no modification and I had to take money from my retirement account to catch up my house payment. They did not care that my husband had a brain bleed and I lost my job do to a buy out by a French company. There collections department is in a the Philippines you can refuse to speak to them and ask for someone from the US.

• Kr
    Krissyandjb Jan 21, 2011

I have been trying for a modification for two and a half years and just got denied again today. Each time there's either a paper missing or they have "expired". I am so tired of this. They tell me there's no one to talk to, but i can't belive it to be true. Anyone have any contact information for me to give to an attorney to help me get through this modification? We make enough, but can't get past the underwriters with the right paperwork. HELP!

• Br
    BRW1426 Jan 19, 2011

CitiMortgage

I have for over a year now tried to get some help from CitiMortgage with this loan.
    In the beginning; (due to my error in re-financing with a company) I was not told, although I’m sure it was in the fine print that my new mortgage (approx 2003) would become adjustable after a 2 year time. I was told I would be able to refinance in 6 – 8 months which didn’t happen because at the end of the 8 months they told me that property values had dropped and it would be impossible to refinance now.
    In that time my mortgage was sold to CitiMortgage. EVER since that time I have had trouble with CitiMortgage.
    In August 2009, I called CitiMortgage trying to get a modification on my loan. Due to divorce/legal fees, etc. I was having financial difficulties. I was told that in order to process a modification, I would have to be BEHIND on payments 2 months. I proceeded to work on this modification, all to no avail. CitiMortgage claimed not to have received my faxes (even though I had proof) and had to re-send them. Then was told it might take 6 – 8 weeks before any answer could be solidified. In the meantime, this is being reported to credit reporting agencies as a delinquent account, thus hindering my credit score in the meantime. By March 2009, there was still no help from CitiMortgage and with the lack of help from CitiMortgage and the other financial difficulties, I had to file bankruptcy. I kept the house out of the bankruptcy however, and in order to file was told by my attorney that the 2 payments I was behind with CitiMortgage would have to be paid before the bankruptcy could be filed. So at that time through borrowing money I was able to get those 2 payments paid. A few weeks after the bankruptcy filing however, I received paperwork from CitiMortgage showing the $1900 (+) that I had paid in March was not accounted for by CitiMortgage, thus CitiMortgage sent a modification to sign.
    As of this date, I’m not sure whether that money was ever accounted for.
    Beginning in April, I called in my mortgage payments, because I was blocked from paying online. EACH and EVERY month I called to pay, I was directed to the bankruptcy department even though the house was NEVER in the bankruptcy. Each time I called to make these payments, I was sent to this department to make my payments, and each time was told to pay $809.68 – which I did. All this time I’m receiving a statement each month also, BUT NEVER does it reflect that I have a late charge, that I am a payment behind or no such info except the monthly payment. At the beginning of October 2010 I called to make the September payment AND the October payment and was told that I was almost $3000 in arrears! In talking to someone at CitiMortgage, I am told that SINCE April, only partial payments have been being applied – thus my account is showing VERY delinquent and multiple reports have gone out to the credit reporting agencies (like I need ANY more bad reports at this time). This was due ENTIRELY to CitiMortgage giving me INCORRECT information. Included in the payment in October (according to the person taking the payment) was the late charge fees.
    In October, I paid $1502 and change, in order to try and begin to correct some of this. Then in November I phoned in another payment for $878 and change (+ any charges that were additional JUST to pay). Then in December, I called to make a payment and was again told I was 3 months behind! Upon checking, CitiMortgage discerned that they did indeed have the confirmation # of the payment, but it had not been applied. They would send it to the correct department and try to get this taken care of but it might take 2 weeks. In the interim, I receive a letter requesting my checking account information showing these payments. So, I got these to CitiMortgage, and in 2-3 weeks had received a letter stating that the $1700 (+) would be reapplied to my account – and they would send a notification to the credit reporting agency in reference to NOVEMBER. To begin with there were MANY months that there was negative info reported to these agencies (again, due to mis-information from CitiMortgage) that have NOT been corrected.
    In addition, this as to my understanding is and Adjustable Rate Mortgage (again unbeknown to me), and in light of mortgages rates today and in the last year – SOMEHOW my interest rate is still almost 10%!!! Is there an explanation for this that I’m not aware of?
    IN ADDITION to that – today 1/13/2011, I get a letter saying that because of the delinquency on my account, there will now be an exterior inspection of my home, with the charges being applied to my account, AND these MAY continue monthly!
    What are you people trying to do? Make me lose my house? I have tried for a year and a half to get some resolution, help, satisfactory answers, some kind of helpful information from CitiMortgage – ALL to no avail. Instead I’m getting charged for anything that can be dreamt of, with the potential for additional charges.
    And now, yesterday 1/18/2011, get yet another letter pertaining to my DELINQUENT account!!
    And now an update from my credit report showing something else from CitiMortgage! I am NOT delinquent on this account! I have made payments that were supposed to cover and erroneous late charges and now ONLY have the January payment that is due!!! What else can I do to get this straightened OUT????????? Anything reported from CitiMortgage to the credit reporting agencies should have been to correct the last entry which showed delinquent.
    I am at the end of a very long divorce dispute, just finally closed on my bankruptcy and am trying THE BEST I KNOW HOW to begin building my credit score again.
    Any response that I do get is slow to get here, and apparently crossing over from another department within CitiMortgage and your right hand doesn’t appear to know what your left hand is doing!

rp5rosie Jan 11, 2011

So, they postponed my auction for a month right when it would've taken place-there were even a few cars outside my house. i called and they didn't know why. I can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with the CEO emails I sent?...

rp5rosie Jan 11, 2011

Sorry about the odd characters in last post, must be something with the program I cut and pasted from.

My story:
    This is the 4th time i've tried loan modification with Citimortgage. They've lost paperwork, they've told me I was actually approved and I never got the paperwork and the deadline expired, anothertime the underwriters were writing up the loan and I was told it would take awhile, but when I called in to check, they said they had stopped work on it with no reason noted as to why and a new forclosure sale date was give. So, now the 4th time, I was told I could email the documents in. I did that was told it was all received and everything was there, then a couple days later I was told the docs couldn't be opened-meaning the lady that said it was all there never looked at them. I received a letter saying I had be given a months extension to get in paperwork or make any corrections When I called to check on this, I was told that they hadn't bothered to change the sale date even though now the sale date is a month before the paperwork is actually due. I asked them to put in a postponement on the sale and they say they've requested it(they told me this atleast 3times), but haven't heard back. I call and call...The sale is tomorrow and i am soooo pissed! Citi said they're waiting to hear from Fannie Mae, but I called them and they said this was up to Citi, not them! Citi told me to call the lawyers office handling the sale, so I did and they said the same thing as Fannie Mae-its up to Citi. Do they not know what they are doing there?-I am just about out of time. I was told the person in charge of my file will be calling me when she comes in, but she works the nightshift, so it'll probably be too late to do anything since the Lawyers office will be closed. i told the person I spoke to that and was told that there was nothing she could do. Maybe I can sue the for fraud or something-since I do have the letter they sent me with the month's extension... I wrote this out Mon 1/10/11. Today is Tue 1/11/11 and I have spoken again to Citi's lawyer's(Harmon & Harmon) office and Citi since yesturday. Last night Citi told me that the person in charge of my file was NOT even in that day and that Fannie Mae had turned down the postponement request because the loan was delinquint 24 months, I told them the 24 months was the four modification attempts with them. I was told that the only other thing to do was to hope I got my new bank statement in mail (on tues/today) and call in and get someone to receive it right away by my scaning and emailing it in and then to request an inhouse underwriter look at it right away. I did not get the bank info in my mail. I called Harmon & Harmon this morn. and was told that they were just waiting to hear from citi on HOW LONG TO POSTPONE not wether to postpone, but if they didn't hear back, then the sale would still go through. I next called citi and everythimg to them. They said they never received the Frank Dodd statement and Tax form(wich I had been told they already had) that I faxed on Friday. I have the receipt to prove I sent it and it was sent to the correct #. I then emphasised the lettter I had to give me an extension on my paperwork anyways till the 31st of Jan. Then I was put on hold while a supervisor was consulted. I was then told that that letter(wich I was told by same person that they DO have a copy of it in my file)wasn't enough to postpone the sale. I tried to call local law pro bono agency, but was told that they weren't taking calls right now to call another time. It will now be too late- I feel citi just strung me along untill it was too late... Well, I just emailed the CEO and some other high ups, but I know it's too late-my sale is in a 1/2 hour...

• Ho
    Hopeful415 Jan 05, 2011

Hopeful Citi customer415

I am from Arizona and I have been dealing with the modification nightmare since early 2008. It seems that is coming to and end with the help of a non-profit organization but it remains to be seen because the deal is not closed yet. Citimortgage made me an offer to modify my loan and I accepted. What I like from this new process is that I have a company as the mediator and every step I take it has to be recorded on-line in a personal file that is accessible by the company, Citimortgage, and I. For instance if I send documents to Citimortgage, this action has to go through the company that is representing me. My lender cannot deny that they did not receive documents because this documents are sent to my mediator and in turn the mediator delivers that documentation to them and is recorded on a web file. All acctions are recorded and documents filed in this on-line file for future reference. I am about to start making new lower payments on my new modification plan starting in February. I will keep you all updated.