Citifinancial Auto Loans — Scam and cheating!
Here is a copy of a letter that I have sent to their "executive response" email about a problem that I have with Citifinancial Auto and copied to their customer service email:
1. You need to do something with your procedures when someone calls in. To be totally ignored and treated as a liar and a thief is unacceptable. On January 27th a man by the name of Frank from telephone number [protected] called me. He asked me if I was going to make my car payment for January (2008). I told him that I had received a letter in the mail back in December (don't remember the exact day that the letter was received) offering “skip a payment” and had taken Citifinancial up on the offer. I received it after I had made the December payment so when I called on December 15th, the “skip a payment” went into effect for January. The person I spoke with on December 15th (whose name I did not get) said that it was processed and that the next payment would now be due in February. He was very congenial and nice. I wish now that I had gotten his name. It never occurred to me that a company could so mess up a simple concept as this or that one department wouldn’t have a clue as to what another department was doing in the same company! I told this gentleman who handled the ‘skip a payment’ that this was great and well-timed because I could use that payment to put tires on the car, which I did at Wal-mart:
Description: WAL Wal-Mart S 12/15,ABILENE TX
Posting Date: 12/17/2007
Type: Check Card
On January 27th, Frank was rude to me, treated me like a liar, insinuating that no such letter existed and again wanted to know when I would be making my payment. His tone of voice was insulting as well as his words. He asked with a sarcastic tone, “Well, what was it? Did you have medical expenses that caused you to ask for the skip a pay?” I told him NO, that the offer was made to me with no strings attached and that I had not initiated it at all. He acted as if I had just lied to him. He gave me a number to call, (customer service?) [protected]. I tried immediately to call but evidently that office is closed on Sundays. I called on Monday, the 28th and spoke with Janet who transferred me to Natasha who transferred me to Christie. Each time I had to explain why I was calling. While on the line with Christie, we lost the connection so I called back and spoke with Brittany. I again explained the situation. Brittany was very polite and said that she would send an email to “skip a pay” to Charlie. Brittany told me that Charlie would research this and get back to me within 2 business days. I waited but never received a call. On February 1st I called [protected] and spoke with Dixie who immediately asked for my account number or ssn. I gave her my ssn and she immediately transferred me to the department that started this whole mess – who of course we know now would only transfer me back to the customer service department. I hung up and immediately called back. I again got Dixie who said that it is company policy to transfer the call and she again transferred without any discussion. I hung up and I called back again. I tried asking for Brittany but Dixie said that she couldn’t transfer me to Brittany without a last name. Well, of course, we all know that your people don’t give out last names so once again, the customer is screwed. I refused to give my number and asked for a supervisor. Dixie argued with me but I insisted and was transferred to the “supervisor.” Naturally, you know what happened. Uh-huh, I get the managers station and NO ONE answers but I get the voice mail. I leave a detailed message for someone to get back with me and left my cell phone number. NO ONE has returned my call; however, your collection department sure can find time to call and harass me. I am at the point now that I am seriously considering buying a tape recorder and recording all conversations between myself and your company. If this is not resolved by the 8th, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I will turn all data and tapes over to the state for Deceptive Trade violations. I might even put a small ad in our local paper asking if anyone else has had this problem with your company. If one person can't get action maybe a group of people can.
2. This whole mess started because of a letter I received from your company to “skip a payment.” I called on December 15th and first got the automated response system. I decided to get the balance left on the loan at that time too so your system should show that I obtained that information from the automated system. Right after that is when I spoke to one of your representatives about the “skip a payment” letter and told that it was processed and that the next payment would be due in February.
3. I regret the day that I refinanced with your company and left HSBC. Getting a lower interest rate was not worth this hassle.
4. I refuse to make any further payments until this is resolved. I was ready to set the February payment on January 27th to be paid on time through my bank’s Bill Pay system until FRANK from number [protected] called me. At that time, I decided that this had to be straightened out before any more money transfers from me to you.
GET THIS RESOLVED!
I want a WRITTEN response to this email. You can respond via email but if this problem persists I will INSIST that all communications take place by certified mail or, if verbal, only in the presence of a witness on my end or a taped conversation. Once I receive WRITTEN correspondence that this has been resolved, I will initiate the February payment through my bank's Bill Pay system.
As a note to anyone reading this complaint I have filed here on this website: I have never been late on this loan. In fact, this loan before now was helping my credit rating which is what I wanted it to do because I had been through some rough times for about 8 years. This loan had bumped my credit score up quite a bit. My recommendation is to avoid Citifinancial like the plague. If already in an agreement with them, do everything with documentation in mind. Get all names, keep everything in journal, and everything in a file all by itself!
More Citifinancial Auto Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance.
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats!
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method
- Citifinancial - Branch manager being very rude and not nice at all.
- Citifinancial - Removes money from my account even after Loan is paided off
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Unauthorized charges
- Santander / Was Citifinancial Auto - Reposessed my vehichle
- Citifinancial - Fraud and cheating