CIC Triple Advantage.comUnauthorized charge!

C

I accepted this trial for looking over a service for travel and savings for the family, I think it also had to do with free credit report as a bonus feature.
Anyhow~ I called to cancel and threw out the information about it. Well on my last months statement I was charged a $12.95 fee which is a monthly charge. I called the bank and also looked further into finding a phone number, but no as of yet is one available. I have most of the numbers but the last 4 are missing as was confirmed with my bank as well.

Beware!

• Mi
    misswestchester Aug 03, 2009

They do have a phone #. They scammed me out of months of $16.95 and refused to refund. You have to call to stop it and the # should be on your statement

• Nm
    N. Myer Aug 03, 2009

CIC Triple Advantage has been charging both my husband's and my bank cards for services we have not registered for. Each month they charge anywhere from $11.95 to $14.95 for EACH card. To date, they owe us $123.55 as a result of these fraudulent charges. A claim will also be filed with the BBB. CIC Triple Advantage does not have any contact information available in order to stop the charges to my account.

• Ri
    Richard Jul 30, 2009

Charged me for a free credit report and have been for months after I signed up for a free credit report.

Beware!

• Co
    Connie McLendon Jun 23, 2009

My Chase credit card account was charge $15.88 for the months of May and June. I did not authorize charges with this company and don't know even what "services" the company provides. I have notified Chase of the June charge and they told me about a charge in May, which I hadn't even noticed.

• Kr
    krispix318 Jun 20, 2009

This company is who bills you after you sign up on freecreditreport.com. Their television commercials say "Offer applies with enrollment in Triple Advantage". Also, their website says you get a free seven day trial and you'll be billed if you don't cancel within 7 days. It's sad that their customer service is so rude, but I doubt you'll get your money back since their terms and conditions are pretty well spelled out. Now, if you never ordered a credit report, that's a whole different story.

Samuel Jun 20, 2009

This company said i went to their site and signed up for some triple advantage thing . i never have been to their site and called them to see what the issue was and was treated terrible and spoke to very unprofessionally, they have some smalltime telemarketing company taking their calls with no help. No supervisors on duty, and hung up on me once. I asked for my money to be put back on my card immediately and they said no it cannot be done.

• Ca
    cAROL BAKER Jun 18, 2009

People don't use t he Free Credit report .com, it goes through CICtripleadvantage, It is a huge rib off. They steal your money without your knowledge. BEWARE!!!

• Le
    Leanne Davis May 21, 2009

I sign up for a one time free credit report. But they took $14.95 from my account without me authorizing it. How do I go about getting my money back

• Co
    Connie May 18, 2009

Triple Advantage, Irvine with a tel number of [protected] has continuously charged my credit card for reports I've never received. The tel number is a fax, not valid. One more scam to track down! I have better things to do!

• Sl
    SLH May 13, 2009

If you are a Countrywide customer, it could be because you accepted a free offer from them because your loan information was compromised and freecreditreport.com did not process it properly.

Call [protected].

Write

Consumer Relations Group
    PO Box 19729
    Irvine, CA 92623

kaishan Mar 27, 2009

Ask your bank to close your account and issue you another checking account #.
    Some banks will then say, well the charges will just follow you to your new account..

in that case, just close the account for good, and open a bank account with another bank altogether.
    Once these guys have your number, they won't stop charging until they feel pressure from the law or whatever, and obama administration doesnt seem to care about this kind of scams

• Mi
    mitroK Mar 27, 2009

All I wanted to do was check my FREE Credit Report and now they are taking out $12.95 out of my checking. The bank is making a big ### out of this instead of blocking them from taking money out of my account. I feel helpless and frustrated because when I call Triple Advantage they say they have nothing about me on file and I do not want to argue with them because I do not want them to ### with my credit. HELP!!!

Manson Mar 25, 2009

I never entered my card information on freecreditreport.com and all the sudden I end up seeing charges monthly for $14.95. When I called the company they confirmed that I had not logged onto the site since my initial log in yet they still had charged me for 4 months of membership when they had it documented I didn't even visit the site or call or use any service rendered by them since November they refused to give me a refund and I am in the process of filing with my bank to get the issue solved!

dan bennis Mar 07, 2009

i am trying to cancel a cic account, but was told i needed to cancel it
    within 7 days of signing up, any advice??

dan bennis Mar 07, 2009

i am trying to cancel my cic account, but was told tha tbecause i did not canced
    within 7 days after signing up, i could not get refunded, any advice??

David Caldwell Feb 09, 2009

I'm being charged by CIC Triple Advantage for a monthly fee of 12.95. I contacted the company and closed the account in November. They claimed I reopen the account in December and viewed my credit report. How can a account be reopen without my knowlegde or permission. I spent about one hour arguing over 12.95 with three operators placing me on hold. I talked with an alleged supervisor who stated I reopened this account from the same computer when i first opened the account (IE: the same IP address which she said she could not provide without a subpoena). I requested this account to be closed again and no further emails or solictation be forwarded to me from CIC Triple Advantage. They still say that I'm responsible for the 12.95.

David Caldwell
    [email protected]

Sarah Dec 29, 2008

When I got onto Freecreditreport.com, I thought I could find out for FREE what it was. When my bank statement came out, I had been charged $14.95 for this 'FREE' service. When I called to dispute it, I was told they could not find my info. I asked to speak with a manager and was told none were available.

I continued to request info from them until they finally said they would credit my account. Don't give up when you are being ripped off. Fight for your rights.

• Cl
    Clarence Henshaw Dec 18, 2008

I have unauthorized charges all the way back to April. I have statement from my credit card.

Daniela Dec 04, 2008

I just spoke to a representative with CIC Triple Advantage, and her name is Joanne, a foreigner that could barely speak english. The number that I called was [protected]., I am sure that they already changed the number after my conversation with them. They asked me for my mothers maiden name, and last 4 digits of my social. I would not disclose this information, and she became very unpleasant, by telling me that she would not be able to disclose any info without me giving my information. I asked her what is the address so that I may write your company a letter, and she would explained to me that she was not able to disclose the info. Again what company does not disclose there corporate office? Anyway what I have done is called the fraud department to the account that they charged me to, and they will investigate.
    What I have found out is that they are based out of California.
    Good luck to all!!!

• Ri
    Richard Cantrell Nov 30, 2008

They have charged my card for several months for $12. I have never used this company or their services.

Kalynn Nov 24, 2008

Ive been having the exact same problems how do i stop them cuz i cant find the web site for this triple advantage thingy and they are charging me for the service that im not even getting so yah im upset cuz i dont want them to charge me for service that im not even getting

John S. McCarty Nov 17, 2008

My experience with Triple E is simply that they are theives. I never authorized monthly charges and after I was told they would cancel, they made further charges. Now they are lying theives.

• To
    Tom Oct 14, 2008

Did not order service. Unauthorized charges!!!

• Je
    Jessica Marie Martinez Oct 06, 2008

To whom it may conern:
    I have made many attempts for CIC Triple Advantage to stop all payments after my trail. I have been receiving unauthorized charges to my account that I do not like at all. I ask that you stop this time and refund me my money back that I have been asking CIC Triple Advantage to do, it it not my responsibility if the person on the other has not documented that I have wanted this to stop. If I do not have my money refunded I will turn you into the BBB. Thank you.

Jessica (Olvera) Martinez
    DOB 7-19-86

David Sealey Oct 04, 2008

Did not authorize charges and still 14.95 being billed.

• Db
    dbalma1984 Sep 29, 2008

I did not authorize CIC Triple Advantage to withdraw any money from my account to pay for a credit report that I can't even look at. When I brought this to the attention of my bank and told them the transaction was NOT authorized, they put in a complaint and investigated the transaction and denied my claim. The letter they sent me afterwards states the following:

"Dear Customer:
    On September 16, 2008, you contacted Flagstar Bank and indicated the following:

On September 13, 2008, an ATM/Check Card transaction in the amount of $14.95 was performed at Triple Advantage; you stated your account was debited, although you did not authorize this transaction. Based on the merchant's terms and conditions, we are denying your claim.

If you need additional information, blah blah blah...

Thank you for choosing Flagstar Bank."

Thanks for nothing. So now, not only did I not sign up for this, but I am forced to continue to pay for services that I don't even recieve. Something needs to be done about this company.

• Li
    Lillian Wilson Sep 22, 2008

On September 9/18, 2008, $14.95 was taken out of my bill-paying checking account. This was unauthorized and cause very much of a problem for me. My account was overdrawn with a cost of $31.00 charge from the bank and $14.95; equaling $45.95 in all for this adverse transaction which make me unable to purchase my medicine for this painful condition of Fibromyalgia. Please refund my money into my bank right away.

I have been reading some of the compliants, maybe you all need to be investigate. I will surely look into it because something unlawful is being pulled by your company and order for you to have gotten hold to my banking information, there must be another party involve.

Why can't you call supply a phone number to be contacted, why do something unlawful then cowardly hide behind your email account to be contacted?

• Je
    Jeff Davis Sep 17, 2008

I'm being charged $18.95 monthly for a service I never signed up for. Can you please discontinue whatever service it is that I seem to be paying for everymonth?

• Ol
    Oleg Fleyshman Sep 15, 2008

Unauthorized charges.

• Ca
    Carl Nennerfelt Sep 13, 2008

Please stop charges to account -6415, -2445

• Al
    Alfred Martinez Sep 03, 2008

please stop charging my account

Chump Sep 03, 2008

For several months CIC Triple Advantage has been charging me for service I never ordered. I have called them several times. Usually I am just hung up on. I have gotten several overdraft charges because of them. They don't care. By the way, they are heavy Republican campaign contributers. My tax dollars at work.

kali Aug 29, 2008

you probably sgin up for free credit report, not knowing you have to cancel within 30 days. if not your be charge monthy fee of 11 or 12 each month, so they can monitor credit.

sara Aug 28, 2008

There has been $155.40taken from my account under someone else's name for credit services that i did not order.

• Ju
    Julie Bellamy Aug 28, 2008

My husband canceled CIC Triple Advantage coverage over four months ago through the automated service. The next month the $12.95 charge was still on our account. My husband called and spoke to someone in customer service. He was told it would be canceled and he would receive an e-mail confirming it. He never did and this months here the charges show up again. Then I decided to call and talk to someone. They told me they could not cancel because I did not have the "OLD" debit card. (which by the way someone stole my number and used it and I had to cancel it!!) I raised *ell with them until they did cancel it and when I asked about refunding my money for the last three months, well guess what, they don't do refunds. I WILL get my money back!! I will go as far as I have to.

• Mr
    mrwilhite Aug 26, 2008

PLEASE NOTE! One of the sponsors for this complaints board IS www.freecreditreport.com AKA CIC, Triple Advantage one in the same that we are complaining about!

• Mr
    mrwilhite Aug 26, 2008

This CIC aka Triple Advantage (Subsidiary of EXPERIAN) has charged me for 7 months even after contacting them and making sure it was cancelled. They have been in multiple class action lawsuits and have even been taken to court by the FTC (Fair Trade Commission). It appears that they will stop at nothing to rip off the general populace! Perhaps it is time for another Class Action Lawsuit? Anbody interested in this possibility please write to [redacted]@think-computers.com STRENGTH IN NUMBERS is the only way to go against this multi-billion dollar company. The few dollars they are forced to refund to the few that complain directly does not even phase them. They need to to be STOPPED from doing this to those which are overwhelmed by the process and throw their hands up in desperation.

• Ed
    Eddie B Aug 09, 2008

I have been charged $12.95 for the past 3 months for services I have never ordered nor received. I'm currently deployed in Iraq and have a very hard time getting in contact with the company. STAY AWAY FROM CIC TRIPLE ADVANTAGE!!!

john smith Aug 07, 2008

<b>text<b>

• Cl
    Claudia Deenik Jul 29, 2008

I have checked my credit card staement and have noticed that CIC Triple Advantage are deducting $12.95 on the 25th of each month for a service I never authorized or signed up for. I want the money back and have no idea who to contact. This is FRAUD!!! Something should be done about this.