Chevron Oil Lagosscam job offer?

D

I was contacted through an ESL website by a man saying he was a Swedish engineer working for Chevron Oil in Lagos, Nigeria. He said that he wanted to hire me as an ESL teacher for his family. He said that he would pay for my work visa and my plane ticket, and he would provide my housing, etc.

He told me to contact a man named Celestine Olise at Travel Concepts, Inc. to process my paperwork. Mr. Olise asked for my documents and then told me that in order to process my work permit, I would need to send $500 USD to him by Western Union.

This is making my very nervous, and I want to know if it is a scam or not. When I looked up Mr. Olise in a search engine, his name came up about an airline scam.

I am not sure what to do about this, and hope that you can help me. The job sounds great, but no one (the man who hired me or Mr. Olise) will contact me by phone.

What do I do?

• Je
    Jennifer Ferguson Sep 17, 2008

I have been offered the exact same position by David Andrian to teach his family to speak English. The thing that concerns me is I phoned both numbers and they both exist. The job was an answer to my dreams. It is wrong that someone is using the name of Chavron to entice people under false pretenses

I am hoping that Chevron will not tolerate this and find the men who are master minding this awful scam

Please let me know what my next move should be

Thanks

Jennifer

• Bi
    Bishnu KC Sep 17, 2008

Hello, My name is Bishnu KC. from Kathmandu, Nepal. I got also same offer from the David Andrian and Travel Concept Mr. Olistine. Today I contacted with them also. They are offering also same like $6500. And Mr. David sent me his family picture also.

If the thing is right as above said I really curse them from myheart. Because I have planned many things frommy heart. Today I am going to send mydocuments to them.Let's see if, Mr. Celestine ask $500 for document, I will sure that they are cheater.
    And please be aware from them . I think governemnt should make policy also for this crime who really break heart to other people.

God bless

Bishnu Kathmandu, Nepal

• Im
    Imie Sep 18, 2008

My husband received the exact same offer. I discovered 2 days ago that the family picture is of Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Socks and his wife Shonda and 4 kids. Today, they asked us for $1800 for an "anti-terrorist clearance certificate" that needed to be paid prior to a work permit being issued. I called the Nigerian Embassy and no such certificate exists. This is a scam!!

Samreen Yousaf Oct 01, 2008

I received Esl job offer by a person Frederek Sigvard from stockholm, Sweden who works as an Engineer at Chevron
    Oil Lagos, Nigeria. He wants my services to teach his Swedish wife and kids. He offers me $6, 500 and ready to bear all other expenses like, airfare, health insurance, occomodation, etc. I think its simply a scam job offer.
    In this crucial era of competition, when unemployment is wandering around, how can a person be employed without applying for such job.

Samreen Yousaf Oct 01, 2008

Dear Jennifer,
    I would never recommend you to proceed for job with this fake employer.

Samreen

Chopwet Apr 23, 2009

I too have received this offer from a Mr. Jasper Ricado, a Swedish engineer working for Chevron in Lagos. Its too good to be true, ESL teachers do not earn U$D 7500 a month, that's better than what I was earning in the super yacht industry. I did also check and the picture I was sent is indeed a picture of Curt Schilling and his family!

• Es
    Esl teacher Aug 03, 2009

Hillary Jones he said his name was to me. He offered me $6500 to teach his wife and three kids. He said he was a Swedish Engineer from Chevron oil Lagos. SCAM! SCAM!SCAM! Everyone, everywhere read all these comments and spam him asap. He threatened me when I told him that I exposed him to the website, TotalESL. He said that he was going to get back at me somehow. Everyone!! Stay away from the SWedish Engineer. Good luck in your job search.