Menu
Home Mortgage Companies Cenlar scammers, liars, rude and incompetent

Cenlar review: scammers, liars, rude and incompetent

R
Author of the complaint
7:04 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The reason I'm writing to you today is because I feel that "cenlar" never gave me the opportunity to fill out a loan modification package. They always made everything so difficult. I called requesting a payoff. You had to fax your request to a certain number for your pay off request then it would take 3 days to process. Then I requested a loan modification package which was faxed to another number. It also took 3 days to process. At one time they asked if my martial or income status had changed. I thought what does it matter. I'm labeled as a non- married, single, bankrupt woman. I did not receive the loan modification package but I surely did receive the payoff statement. I still would never get all of the information that I was requesting. They would send me a payoff statement yes they would but, they never would send me a loan mod packet. No one ever tried to correspond with me! No one ever reached out to me! No one ever followed up with me! No one ever tried to lead me in the right direction! They don't even have a local office that you could go into to speak to someone face-to-face! I had never been a home owner. I didn't know what I was doing. I just knew I didn't want to lose my home. I had invested so much into this house. My house was sold to me for $275, 000. I put down $75, 000. My Loan with them was for $197, 000. My balance is $192, 000 well at least that's what public records was showing me. My statements were saying I owed $245, 000. How was I ever gonna catch up? Never of course exactly what they wanted. Every time I called them it's like they always made everything so difficult to get what I needed at that moment. "cenlar" claimed that I was still showing as an active bankruptcy which I was not. I had to get my attorney to send them a letter on numerous occasions stating that I was no longer an active Bankruptcy case to please help my client with a loan modification or any of the other programs she may qualify for. Then I would call them back to see if they received the aurthorization form sent by my attorney and of course they had not and when they would they stated it could take up to 7 business to post to my account. I had to call the Attorney they had and send them a copy. I was back and forth with them and their attorney. I received numerous letters from their attorney saying how much my reinstatement fee was $60, 000. My mortage had also increased from $1, 295 to $1795 since this first started they know I've been requesting a loan modification package. Now you want to increase my mortgage. How am I supposed to catch up? Never... Excatly what they wanted. I'm not giving up!

More Cenlar complaints & reviews