Cen Com Incalarm monitoring

F Nov 27, 2019

I signed up for monitoring somewhere around August 2018 and paid for a year or more of service. This past Spring we had a small kitchen fire which set off the smoke detector and premises alarm/siren. After the fire was extinguished we realized that the service we were paying for was not provided. That is, there was no monitoring of the fire alarm. The fire department was never notified and never came to the home. I called Alarm monitoring services (or the company I had originally signed up with) (Was there a name change and/or change in ownership?) and explained the situation. They acknowledged monitoring of burglary only. On the call I was given a bit of a run around with statements like "we are a communications company." I asked why in their instructions it was not made clear that the monitoring was for burglary only. After an unsatisfactory discussion during which I stated that I wished to cancel services since they could not/had not been monitoring fire, I was told that a manager would be calling me. I never received a call from a manager or anyone else from the company... Fast forward several months and I begin to receive email invoices from a company I did not recognize. Did the company change names? Then I receive threatening emails requesting inflated funds with threats of collection agencies and notification of credit score companies. We will not pay for services we did not receive and we will not be harassed into making any payment. I have tried repeatedly to end/cancel any "service" with Alarm monitoring services or their proxy and have obtained monitoring through a local reputable company that monitors burglary AND fire. As it is not possible to cancel services on line, I have sent written notification of my desire to end any relationship with your company (Alarm monitoring services or Cencom) about a month ago. I have mailed back the black box translator. I am seeking resolution of stopping collection agency services and clearing any debt they think they are owed as the service promised was never provided.