CDI College / Eminata GroupFailure to provide proper education

T

I was enrolled in the Network Systems Administrator Course at CDI South Campus but I had to stop going due to the school ignoring my complaints.
1) Instructor telling the students to just read the textbook. We all know that just reading the textbook is not going to give the student the answers they require. Also when someone is not understanding something and asked to have it clarified the instructor would just say it is in your textbook. Also jumping to a whole pile of information that is not necessary for the topic that is being studied.
2) One of the other students He/she is not grasping the information in the textbooks well is now failing but the instructor or school faculty will not speak to him/her about it.
3) I had to ask for a transfer because of the instructor not teaching us the material properly and not telling us the truth about the information required for the certification exams that we have to pay for out of pocket. As well as telling us that we do not need to know the terminaologies for the certification exams but at the end of the Network+ phase tells us that we need to know the terminologies for the Certification Exam. So basically telling us two different stories.
4) The last but not least of all is the 900.00 charge just to transfer Campuses. I have already paid the tuition well they want 900.00 more just to transfer to the North East Calgary Campus.
5) When I left a message for the Student Relations person and she returned my phone call after three messages she just told me to pay the 900.00 and did not even allow me to fully explain the circumstances as to why she was being informed of the phone call.
6) I had to take the 6000, 00 disbursement for March early...well when I went into a meeting with the Director and the Finance Officer I was told by the Director that I was wrong for asking Student Finance In Alberta to send me the disbursement early without consulitng the school. I feel that I should not have to consult anyone when it is me who has to pay it all back.

• St
    Stephen Gunning Jan 04, 2021

Please email me at [email protected]
    I am putting together a class action lawsuit against reeves, and cdi amd eminata group, if you too are a victim of this scandalous school, pls email your details to be inclued in the class action suit about to be filed against them

• Ri
    Ris Kentb Dec 04, 2020

It is all fraud and people would always lose money going to the schools.
    Lawyers should get involved because these people are criminals.

• Ge
    GeeCee2020 Dec 04, 2020

I attended Reeves College which is part of CDI and I tell you it is not worth a penny. I am currently trying to get a detailed financial statement of what I was charged. I dont think that was too much to ask. They say they can send me a letter that I attended and paid the fees. Which is not what I want. I am looking for a Statement of account. WHY?
    Because I apparantly paid for books that we did not use and courses that went with the books that were not taught. I want my money back.
    Also, I was told by industry managers and supervisors that they only hire from Reeves when there is no other choice. They are the bottom of the barrel.

• Co
    cobra_boxer May 11, 2019

I cannot believe that CDI is still opened for business.
    This is FRAUD by the Government of Canada.
    Where are the LAWYERS when you need them?

• Ju
    Justice4students Dec 15, 2016

I am unable to get anyone to stand up against CdI with me. What should I do??

• Mi
    mikey67854 Mar 03, 2018

@mrsabdm Hey, I really feel for you. I am about to graduate from cdi and it has been a joke. I only took it because I needed cpr, assist, nci and other courses. I already had my addictions and mental health from centennial college. That being said I had a few courses exempt and have had 5 teachers over the past 9 months. The school "CDI" has a great way of placing blame on those people who disappear. What I am trying to say is, if your law suit is becoming expensive it might not be worth chasing a ghost. I know everyone who has gone after CDI has won. Not money, just teachers their jobs.

• Mr
    mrsabdm Mar 28, 2017

@Justice4students who's your battle going? i am in the same boat as you, i tried to get a hold Yolanda who was the adviser back in [protected], still trying to get a hold of cdi college in abbotsford but they closed down and i called vancouver career college, said they'll get to me, we'll see if they do or not, other wise i am continuing my law sue, i dont going to pay student loans when i am not working and i have a family to care of!

• Br
    Bryan Taylor Sep 09, 2016

StubbornA who did u contact? This school needs to be shut down.

• Ju
    Justice4students Jan 12, 2015

Ehat do you do if no one else has the balls to do it?! Im on my own in my battle.

• St
    StubbornA Nov 06, 2014

Hi I was in the NDM program in Edmonton as well and I got a complaint letter signed by twenty students, sent it off to a nice lady that works for the government in the department that licenses private vocational schools like CDI. I was then contacted by a lady from Eminata, an internal audit was launched, employees were let go, others were moved and instructors were monitored. In the end those that stuck it out and asked for compensation got it. You just have to know who to contact to get things done and don't give up either.

• De
    Deen77 Jun 26, 2014

Can anyone help me ? I am a student at CDI College, this has been the worst experience ever. I need help getting out of this school and getting all the money back that was paid to them. Poor excuse for instructors, I have learned so little and have compounded my health problems from being so stressed out. My advice to anyone looking to get upgrading DO NOT GO TO CDI COLLEGE!

• Do
    Dontbeduped Jul 28, 2013

CDI College is widely regarded as a joke. Don't waste your money on one of their worthless diplomas - go to a real college instead.

• Ta
    Tamed Rage Mar 07, 2013

Glad that you enjoy it but you know what all campuses are not the same. This is a complaints board and we all have the right to voice our opinions about things.

• Va
    vancitylife Feb 26, 2013

I'm currently enrolled in the Network Engineer program in Vancouver. The instructor I have is very good and I'm learning a lot. I'm in the middle of the program and so far I'm enjoying my experience at CDI College. It's totally different from how they teach us in my country and I like that.

• Ta
    Tamed Rage Nov 21, 2012

We as people who are paying for this we need to take a stand and do not back down because as a human we have the right to Education.

• Fo

It is such a shame to read complaints like this. CDI College has a very bad track record. I wonder why it has not been shut down already. Everywhere I go I read about complaints.