Cbeyond / Do not purchase from them

1 United States

Do not purchase any Cbeyond services. I did and it's the worst nightmare ever. After the installation, I had no voice mail for 7 days and all Cbeyond did was create tickets and never called back. Our cell phones did not work correctly and the T1 is horrible and very slow. I tried to port my numbers to another carrier and they kept on refusing the new company stating that they were not sending over the correct information to port the numbers. They did have all the correct information, but refused to port. Now my phone is turned off and I have lost my number which I have had for 15 years. Talk about losing business or losing my whole business. I will be getting an attorney regarding this situation. If anyone else has had the same problem, please let me know.

Pa

Comments

• 0 Votes
    Cbeyond - Not a military friendly company!
    www.cbeyond.net/

Cbeyond is not a military friendly company. They don’t claim to be and they don’t try to be. Do not attempt employment from them if you are a military veteran. If you are a veteran and a business owner keep this in mind before you start signing any contracts. Also, I think you are charged 1000.00 regardless if they install the product or provide the services.

• Jk

Unfounded accusations. I know two or three veterans that work in my branch that have been very successful with CBeyond. As for the "i think" statement about the $1,000 charge... you should probably do some research first. If you cancel your contract before install you are charged $1,000 but only after you've signed a contract. Otherwise, there is a $500 install charge PER T1 we install and the install fee can generally be waived if you ask nicely. :)

• 0 Votes

What exactly do you expect? Why should military get any special treatment? My taxes already pay your salary, medical, retirement, etc. for invading other nations, I think I should get special pricing before you do.

• Ad

You and idiot man. I work there and my department alone has 3 Marine veterans. You probably don't have the capacity to handle the position you applied for.

• M

Any time someone complains about Cbeyond there is a quick defensive reply from their employees. They know darned well what they are doing wrong and they try to defend themselves so that they look better in the eyes of new victims, um er, clients trying to research their company. Be warned, this company's sales staff tricks you into signing your contract by shuffling around the small print, once you sign, you are theirs. Oh, and any of the "should have done your research first" or "learn your grammar" comments from the college snots they hire are a great example of what to expect!

• Gr

I am in the process of trying to get out of my contract with Cbeyond and I'm having many of the same problems. The sales rep that was sent out, miss represented Cbeyond and I'm having a terrible time getting them to follow through with what was promised. I would highly discourage anyone from using Cbeyond's services.

I am having the same problem in Colorado

• Da

Cbeyond - Never ever sign with them
    Cbeyond

This is the by far the WORST phone company that I have ever dealt with. The sales people overpromise their services/prices. The services are horrible and the monthly charges are more than twice than what you normally pay with Qwest or Comcast in Minnesota. For your information, Cbeyond does not own telephone/cell infrastructure. The company just signed up with telephone companies and then adds a few other services. For instance, their cell phone operations are run by Sprint. The business model of Cbeyond will not work in the long-run. It is matter of time before people become aware of it.

Never sign a contract with Cbeyond!

• Jh

Cbeyond - Beyond bad service
    Bowman Chiropractic Center
    Virginia

Buyer beware. This company promises the world and delvers very little. To set up new mobile phone was a four day nightmare, email-six day nightmare. T1 in the office is slow and has been down several times. 800 dollar cell phones, costly service calls, nickel and dime for extra calls, texts, emails, etc... If your phone breaks-cost at least 500 dollars to replace. Hope this is helpful to all to make a decision, if you go with Cbeyond, good luck...

• Lo

I am a Cbeyond customer for 3 years and I love it!

• Mu

Please contact [email protected] for possible class action law suit against CBeyond for false promises by the sales people and fraudulent business practice.

• Cb

Cbeyond - Misrepresentation
    California

When we signed our contract with Cbeyond, we added a laptop card that was supposed to be "unlimited data". Now that we are unable to cancel service with them, they freeze our laptop card, because we are in violation of "excessive laptop card usage" and they send us a list of prohibited laptop card use, which were not included to begin with in our original contract. After a month of calling and requesting restoration of the laptop card, and numerous promises of a call back to resolve this issue, it is finally restored, but we are now responsible for the month of unused laptop card. If you decide to go with this company, before you sign your contract, please ask them to send you all there undisclosed prohibited usage rules.

• Ri

Cbeyond - Left with no service for 3 days!
    Cbeyond

Our company was left with no service for 3 days! In the meantime they did not keep us apprised on the progress of the trouble ticket. It took me calling them (again) after the 2nd day ofno service and they still had not sent somebody to fix it! We had no communication for 3 days! NO FAX, NO LANDLINE, NO INTERNET! Thank god we had our cell phones (which we went another company due to horrible cell service!) We left Cbeyond because they just were not reliable. They let us out of the contract because they knew that their company had failed us. And now want us to backpay all of the installation charges!

• Je

Cbeyond - Don't sign up with them
    Cbeyond

I tried cancelling our services with this company and expected to pay a fee for early termination for our cell phones but instead was told that we would be faced with a $10, 000.00 EARLY TERMINATION FEE! The fast talking representative that signed us up never explained any of these IMPORTANT facts! She signed us up for three years and claimed discounts would offset our start-up costs! Now they want those discounts back... Define DISCOUNT?

It's not a LOAN!

Lesson learned. DON'T SIGN UP WITH CBEYOND! Get Internet Phones! Hardly any expense! Get OOMA or other Internet Phone Services!

Cbeyond - Worst telecom decision ever
    Cbeyond

I am a business owner in California who made the mistake of signing a contract with C-Beyond in March 2017. It was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made as a business owner, and I am still paying the price for it.

The largest of many problems was that their T1 routers misread every phone number dialed out by our (new) PBX, resulting in a 100% loss of outgoing calls. C-Beyond informed me that the problem was with my phone equipment and not their routers. After spending $800 on phone testing and tech support, it was determined that the problems were, in fact, with C-Beyond's routers. However, C-Beyond was unwilling/unable to do anything about it. Simply put, my existing equipment was irreconcilably incompatible with C-Beyond's, and could not be made to work under any circumstances. This all should have been determined at the time of sale, but the eager young sales representative was too busy salivating over the contract to do a proper site survey.

I spent a full month without use of my phone system, which nearly crippled my business, until I could switch back to AT&T. C-Beyond is completely unresponsive to any and all requests for support once they realize you are not happy with them. They are still trying to bill me $1, 500 for services they completely failed to provide.

Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this business. I wish I had.

Cbeyond - Stay away
    Cbeyond

I worked at cbeyond for 7 days; total bs. They were more concerned about overcoming objections of the potential customer and knowing company catch phrases than knowing what they were selling. They brought 22 yr. old kids who they work 60hrs a week and threaten their jobs constantly. They are making like 8-9 $ per hr. as they drive their own vehicles into the ground. The average sales rep was about 1 1/2 months with the co. and there was a lot of them. Every day sales people would come in saying that business owners were sick of Cbeyond sales reps. The managers would say go back next month. Based on what I saw I would stick with a larger more reputable company and pay a bit more if I had to. They even said in trainings that they would never win on price. What a joke. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...STAY AWAY FROM CBEYOND

Cbeyond - Can not provide hosted exchange
    Cbeyond

Cbeyond can not provide hosted exchange in California. They have blamed our troubles on the sip server (we had to purchased for $5000) that they require to run their system. So when I found a company that provides an host exchange for a sip server they say that they can not do that as we are on the west coast. Now that I want to cancel because they can not do as I request they want to charge me $9000. Please some one start a class action suit for all 100's of people like me that have daily problems with this company.

• Di

I totally hear you and am on the same boat with you and all the rest. All I want to know: how we can get united and take a legal action against this so called cbeyond monster ? it is a fraud and needs to be stopped and people effected like you, myself and all those other out there should be free of this trap and be compensitated.