CareCreditfraudulent charges

12/31/2011
Office of Thrift Supervision
Washinghton, D.C.

rRe: Case #[protected]

My previous complaint filing detailed GEMB's deliberate misleading statements and actions as of that date. The response of 10/25/2011 from Fonda Lewis, contains additional untruthful statements and describes unrealized actions. GEMB has dekiberately mislead both myself and OTS, as follows:

1. Allegedly stopping payment and reissuing a check for $283.00. As of 12/31 1/we have not received a payment, nor the interest associated with this deliberate/malfeasant delay in GEMB’s overcharging/collecting a payment after failing to close an account, nor has there been any telephone call, email, or actual delivery of a message from GEMB to us.
2. There has been no telephone call message, or other communication, except for the 10/25/11 letter claiming to have reissued a check after more than one year previously claiming to have refunded their overbilling. GEMB is a large financial institution certainly capable of delivering telephone calls and/or overpayment refunds, yet they’ve failed to do either. [The only time we’ve been away was 10/23/11 until 11/6/11, but nothing received from GEMB.]
3. “Each month an accurate billing statement was sent advising…status on the promotional balance.” Again, deliberate mis-statement, as GEMB provided us an “electronic only monthly account summary, which displays an account balance, available credit, credit limit, payment due amount and date, last statement balance and date, last payment amount and date posted [Copies of multiple months’ statements are available any time you’d like to see them – I can attach to an email and send them immediately.] BUT NOWHERE ON THE ELECTRONOC FORM DOES IT CONTAIN ANYTHING RELATED TO “…status on the promotional balance, ” NOR “a promotional summary section.’ Furthermore, it indicates delivery method as “electronic only".
4. “Our records contain no indication of any incorrect information being provided...Customer Service is very important…, and
5. ‘GEMB claims that “When a billing statement is sent and not returned, we presume it has been received by the customer.” Note that this includes the non-delivery of alleged refund checks, and ignores GEMB’s receipt of written, telephone and electronic communications from me to them requesting clarification of the incorrect and misleading statements by GEMB Customer Representatives about the “promotional fee dates for payments due” and for overcharges and/or not received re-payments due me on this account. GEMB states that C/S conversations are recorded, yet they’ve failed to provide transcripts of any conversations, based on dates and names I provided. Again, more deliberately misleading responses, and failure to act when I provided written communications to GEMB.

At a minimum GE should be required to provide a certified copy of the cancelled check, or proof of an electronic payment. Their inability to provide either proof of refund should be noted as demonstratable proof of their lack of honesty in handling their fraudulent transactions. They should be held civillay liable for this fraud, and criminally liable for lying to OTS, a government agenvy.

July18, 2011 fourth letter
May 25, 2011 second letter

Re Account: CareCredit [protected] overcharge and reufsal to refund outstanding overpayments
July18, 2011 forth letter
We received your letter of June 12, 2011 on July 6. In it you state that you’ve sent ” …a refund check for the credit balance…’on June 11, 2011. NOTE that there was an additional unauthorized incorrect access to my checking account for $ 283.00 on 6/6/2011. The total refund due is $3, 122.00. Also NOTE that its more than 30 days since you claim to have sent my refund check, but no check has arrived nor an electronic refund been received by us. Finally, it is more than 55 days since your agent agreed to send a confirmation that the account was closed with no outstanding balance, which has still not been received by us. It appears that you are unable or unwilling to process information/responses or refunds in a timely manner.
July 4, 2011 third letter
On 06-06-2011, following a telephone conversation with your agent, indicating that the account balance was $ 0.00, you submitted an ACH withdrawl of $ 283.00 (GE MONEY (PAYMENT) / Withdrawal-ACH-A-RSF GE MONEY (PAYMENT) (eff. date 06/06/2011 283.00) in error. This represents an additional failure of your notification system processes. CURRENT OVERPAY – REFUND DUE $3, 122.00.

NOTE: 0n 5/23/2011 your agent agreed to send a confirmation that the account was closed with no outstanding balance. As of 7/4/2011, no communication has been received for this, nor for my 5/25/2011 dispute letter.. This represents additional failures of your notification system processes.

May 25, 2011 second letter
GE failed to send correct statements so the bill could be paid completely within the promotional period. Then, they applied all payments to interest, nothing to principal, thus the account balance grows larger, despite on-time monthly payments.

On 5/27/2010 I called for the payoff date and amount for the promotional period. They claimed I was not listed on the account, so my wife called and corrected their records. I called on 5/31/2010 and again requested payoff information. The date provided by GE customer service for the expiration of the promotional was 04/10/2010.
I again requested copies of the transaction history for this account – the response was that it would take 30 days. It never arrived.

In response to several letters to their dispute department, I never received a response.

On 4/7/2011 I called and was twice disconnected by your CSRs. I requested the payoff amount and date for the new promotional period. The CSR could not provide the correct amount due, minus finance charges, nor provide confirmation of the total amount paid. I again requested a complete register of charges and payments The CSR indicated that it would be sent to me by 4/30/2011. As of 5/3 nothing arrived. I called again - Chanda in S.DAKOTA was unable to check that info is sent, and will not provide a name and telephone number for me to call.

GE continues to add on finance charges during this period. On 5/3 I called again. This time the supervisor offered to resend the account billing information, but could not follow up to ensure it will be received by me, nor do they have a contact name or address/telephone number for me follow up with.

0n 5/23/2011 I was twice disconnected by Phillippines CSR’s, and finally spoke with TEMPE, AZ Janine, who was to transfer me to an account manager. Finally, after of more than 60 minutes on the telephone, I spoke with S. DAKOTA Marie [protected].69. She agreed to waive the 2011 finance charges but only showed total payments of $3, 175.00 (when actual total payments equal $6, 014.00).
Therefore she showed a balance due of $ 6825 which I agreed to pay on 5/23/2011 to close this account. Since actual payments equal $ 6014, the actual balance due was $3986.00. Your company should have charged me $3986.00; however your company has overcharged me $2839.00, due to your incorrect information.

Correct information In-Correct information
Total Due 10000.00 10000.00
Total Paid $6, 014.00 3175
6825.00 6825.00
Grand Total $12, 839.00 $10, 000.00
Amount Overpaid $2, 839.00

Again, I called today and was disconnected when speaking with Jessica in INDIA, but was finally able to get through to Alicia in INDIA, Stephanie in OHIO, and Amanda in S.DAKOTA . None could resolve this overcharge, nor provide a name for me to address my complaint to.
Please send my refund immediately by return electronic transaction or certified check and confirm that this account is paid in full, and now has a zero balance.
David Karchem new email address. PLEASE USE MY GMAIL.COM EMAIL ACCOUNT.
THANKS,

Total Paid $6, 014.00 3175
6825.00 6825.00
Grand Total $12, 839.00 $10, 000.00
Amount Overpaid $2, 839.00

David Karchem new email address. PLEASE USE MY GMAIL.COM EMAIL ACCOUNT.
THANKS,

ec: Office of Thrift Supervision

signed complaint attached

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Jan 03, 2012

David – a member of our support team will be contacting you shortly to discuss your account. For security purposes, we recommend you remove your account information and other personally identifiable information from your post.

Regards,