FlightNetwork.com

Fri:24h
Sat:24h

Reviews and Complaints

FlightNetwork.comNo refund

Ok, so we booked our flights to Costa Rica pre-pandemic through FlightNetwork ($1645.12)
Our card was charged for the flights & it was to our understanding that we would be able to rebook at a later date.
So, now we need to book those flights for this coming March 2022 & we keep getting pushed off on the phone. They keep saying that someone will contact us, but it has been two months of me calling them with no resolution.
This has to be the worst experience ever

FlightNetwork.comFlight cancelled french bee

My flight has been cancelled by French Bee on Jan.31, 2021 from San Francisco to Tahiti. Reservation L3Y058 Made for flight on May 16, 2020. I have been calling on the phone to French Bee for 3 months and always get told that yes refunds can be made if French Bee cancels the flight which they told us to be patient and contact flight network, which I have done every month. Finally on Jan.31 French Bee showed on their website our flight on March 17, 2021 has been cancelled. Flight network told me to phone French Bee to get a waiver number from them. French Bee informed me that they do not give me the waiver that Flight Network has to process the request. After my 4th phone call to Flight Network, they stated they need a payment of $30 to process the request. I agreed and was told they would get back to me. Our 1st flight was on Alaska Airlines and they told me they could not help me that Flight Network needs to follow up. I would like a voucher from Alaska Airlines to use in the future but a refund from French Bee because our whole trip was cancelled due to the corona virus and flight cancelled by French Bee.

FlightNetwork.comDeceiving business practices

Before starting the review, I suggest readers who have bought tickets through flightnetwork.com to read this article by cbc from 2010 about how they sold tickets for flights that were unavailable to a couple in Vancouver, Canada: https://www.cbc.ca/news/online-travel-site-sells-unavailable-flights-1.949172. They were given a refund months after the flight as a result of CBC News inquiries. Make sure this does not happen to you.

Since this review will be mostly negative, I will mention the positive thing first: in the end, they refunded the money I asked for (which they told me was non-refundable), but ONLY after I told them of my plans to seek legal counsel. Despite this, this business is so incredibly misleading at a level I have never seen before that I still feel compelled to warn people about them.

I purchased airplane tickets form their website, flightnetwork.com on Saturday, October 26. They give you the option to purchase Trip Cancellation Protection, and the price displayed was $2.02, and I decided to purchase it, not realizing that in very tiny print at the bottom was the disclaimer "Price shown are per passenger per day", meaning, the actual total price was $66.55 (see the first picture I uploaded). Now, this is a very common strategy that many businesses engage in to mislead the customers, but Flight Network went a step further. Most online travel agencies, after you fill out all information, send you to a web page that allows you to review your order before you decide to book, but flightnetwork.com does not do that. Rather, the total price that you will pay is only displayed at the very top of the web page, which is out of sight by the time you are given the option to purchase the policy, which happens near the bottom of the page (See second picture I uploaded). By the time you fill out all information and you click on "Complete Your Booking" at the bottom of the page, you would have not seen that you are paying way more than you thought (see third picture I uploaded. Nowhere near this part of the page do you see the total price that you will pay). And after you click on it, it is already too late: there is another fine print that says "By completing this booking you have agreed to FlightNetwork's Terms & Conditions", which happen to mention that the policy is non-refundable once you make the purchase.

Here is one more example that shows that FlightNetwork consciously tries to mislead it's customers: The trip cancellation price is actually NOT per day. It is actually a flat rate that, while it seems to depend on your travel destination, it does not depend on the duration of the trip, as I will now show. On Octorber 28 at around 8:30pm, I made 3 different searches for flights to the same destination from the same airport, but each of them had a different duration. This are the prices for the trip protection:

1) Return and Departure Dates: November 30 till December 4 (5 day trip)
      Price of Travel Protection per day: $13.31
      Total Price of Travel Protection: $66.55
      2) Return and Departure Dates: November 30 till December 15 (16 day trip)
      Price of Travel Protection per day: $4.16
      Total Price of Travel Protection: $66.55
      3) Return and Departure Dates: November 30 till January 2 (34 day trip)
      Price of Travel Protection per day: $1.96
      Total Price of Travel Protection: $66.55

As can be seen, regardless of how long your trip is, the price price of the Trip Cancellation Protection is exactly the same: $66.55. If FlightNetwork had no intention of being misleading, they would just say on the webpage the price is a flat rate of $66.55. To me, the only reasonable explanation as to why FlightNetwork would go out of their way to take this flat rate, divide it by the number of days in the trip, show you very clearly on the web page this price per day (which is way less than the total price), and then write on a tiny fine print that the this price is actually per day, is because they are very actively and consciously trying to mislead the customer. I suggest the reader to do searches on their own so they can convince themselves that this is indeed true. Hopefully, FlightNetwork will update their website to change how they portray their pricing.

While I do acknowledge that the customer has a responsibility to be careful and always read the fine print, and while it is true that many well known businesses engage in very similar practices, that still will never excuse FlightNetwork's behavior in engaging in such dishonest, disingenuous, and abhorrent practices. Therefore, I highly recommend anyone reading this review to never engage in business with FlightNetwork.