ADVERTISIMENT

Leon's Furniture

2730 Princess St, Kingston, ON, K7P 2W6, CA

Reviews and Complaints

Leon's Furniturefalsified information in order to upsell

Bought a washer for $800, but was upsold in order to fit a pedestal already owned, as assured by salesman. Pedestal did not fit. Complained to store, who then called back. Manger insisted that we cannot return washer and hung up. Sent email to head office day of issue and received no reply. Same washer and dryer combo costs the same as we were sold for just the washer. Very upset about the pedestal.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Leon's Furniturecharged sales tax during a leons sale advertised as "save the tax on all mattresses"

Order number 10039KIUEIM

I purchased a queen mattress on Oct 3, 2019.
    Signs and flyers said, ' SAVE THE TAX ON ALL MATTRESSES '.
    The word 'ALL' is underlined. I was charged $103.87 sales tax.

When I complained, numerous times I was told to read the fine print in the flyer. They said the mattress I purchased is not part of the 'save the tax' sale. Fine print states, " Not applicable to previous purchases and markdown items". My mattress was not on clearance, in fact I was told it was one of their best sellers. It had a Manager's Special tag, nothing else.

We took a picture while we were in the store of our mattress. There is not a sign on the mattress saying "Not applicable to save the tax sale. " Does not say it anywhere on the tags. Marie, a very nice lady that I went back in to see after she called my home, ( she saw my very low rating), and wanted to explain. She again directed me to the fine print. I directed her to the very Large print on your flyer that says ALL mattresses.

I think it is false advertising to say ALL mattresses, then pick one or two that are not applicable. And, just happened to be the one I chose...Interesting. I stated, " The fine print does not say my mattress does not apply. It was not marked down as clearance. I think Leon's should honor your flyer's large print that says 'Save the tax on ALL mattresses' and refund me the $103.87. Until then I will stand by my low rating. "

Retired, I am trying to be wise with my money and going where I can to get good deals and great customer service. When I have to fight with a local Canadian store for $103.87 when there are so many other furniture stores in our city, that is sad. Is $103.87 really worth the bad review in a day of twitter and Facebook? I would hope not but...

Comment Guidelines