Sort by: Date | Popularity

South West Engines Complaints & Reviews

South West Engines / used engine

Ma
Sep 03, 2018

I bought this back in May, It arrived in June. I immediately sent pictures to SW engines and stated that the engine was not the correct engine for the truck. I was told that the only difference was the intake manifold so I spent money and changed it out. Still no work. Wiring harness is wrong, vacuum hoses go nowhere, water hoses have to be all re-routed, etc. They sent me a SE-V6 for a newer model truck, I thought I was buying a XE-V6 for a 1989 Nissan Pathfinder, no I wasn't. There is o talking to these people about their mistakes better not to purchase from them 'cause if it's wrong then you are SOL. NEVER again!

South West Engines - Wisconsin, Cudahy / Fraud, Scam, Lie

Al
May 01, 2013

South West Engines and Engine and Transmission World are the SAME DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! I was scammed too!! These people use so many different names it was difficult to do in depth research until it's too late. I was impressed by the warranty and labor. I also agreed to the terms. I ordered my engine. About 2 weeks later it was delivered to my mechanic on an 18 wheeler with no way to unload it. I had to pay an additional $90.00 to have it delivered on a box truck with a lift. My mechanic installed the engine and started it. The engine had rod knock. Loud rod knock. It only...