Sort by: Date | Popularity

Global Market Research Complaints & Reviews

Global Market Research / Fraud and cheating

An
Ann

I received a letter in the mail offering me a position as a 'Mystery Shopper' being paid $440. a week. A check was inclosed in the amount of $3375. I was to shop one of seven stores with $100. of that and Money Gram $2900. to an individual in Canada claiming to be one of their representatives. I was to keep the rest as my pay. I did deposit the check as I have been working with survey companies online and thought they had a part in it. Thank God the teller put a hold on the check to ensure it cleared. It did not but I was out 5.00 to back the deposit out of my account. I plan to meet...

Global Market Research / Unauthorized charges

Mi

Received check in the amount of $ 2, 920.00 in the mail yesterday afternoon. What seemed and looked suspicious to me was the letter that it came with stating that I was offered a position as 'Consumer Survey Specialist' a.k.a Mystery shopper on a part time basis. My salary would be $80.00 an hr for 4 hrs worked($320.00), $2400 had to be transferred through Money Gram, $100 would be spent to transfer/wire the money through Money Gram, and $100 for me to shop at one of the 7 locations listed on the letter i.e KMart, Home Depot, Gap, JC Penney, Wal-Mart, Sears, or Lowes. The objective of...

Global Market Research - Northern Ireland, County Down, Holywood / Nuisance phone call

Ar

Received phone call from "Global Market Research" wanting to send me a "report" of some sort. They said I had filled in some request, which I had not - then said one of my relatives must have, which they had not. When I asked how I would know they were genuine, they said they were based in Grenada, Caribbean Islands. At that point I said I was not interested and hung up! Who are these crooks?