Global Market ResearchFraud and cheating

A

I received a letter in the mail offering me a position as a 'Mystery Shopper' being paid $440. a week. A check was inclosed in the amount of $3375. I was to shop one of seven stores with $100. of that and Money Gram $2900. to an individual in Canada claiming to be one of their representatives. I was to keep the rest as my pay.

I did deposit the check as I have been working with survey companies online and thought they had a part in it. Thank God the teller put a hold on the check to ensure it cleared. It did not but I was out 5.00 to back the deposit out of my account. I plan to meet with the bank today to see if I should even close this account.

They are ripping off people and causing people to loose faith in the companies they claim to be. The names they are using on the letter and on the check are real companies. The banks the checks are written on are real companies as well. Do not deposit these checks.

• Ro
    Rob2016 Dec 30, 2016

Same scenario here. Man I hope people are not falling for this. Thanks people for reporting it online. It makes it so much easier to check these things out.

• Ar
    artist selling online Jun 19, 2013

I'm pretty sure the company ("Landes Bioscience") is fake.

• Ar
    artist selling online Jun 19, 2013

I also got a fraudulent check from this company. Please see my post.

• Do
    Donnajm316 May 16, 2013

I also received a check from a company named Landes Bioscience, drawn on Compass Bank in Austin, TX. This was payment for something I was selling on Craigslist. They claimed they were going to send a certified check. The check was not certified. The Fed Ex envelope was mailed from Stockton, CA. If you get a check from this company, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CASH IT, OR WIRE THEM ANY FUNDS! The check is fraudulent.

• Li
    Lisa Stallings Mar 23, 2013

Same senecio was attempted on me. The first check was FedEx to me to shop with $50 and pay myself $200, then wire the rest minus the wiring fees to another mystery shopper in Fl. Well it didn't happen. When reading the instructions that came with the check red flag came to me as the letter stated, take to your bank and cash, why can't I take to the bank it is written on? And I did, PNC Bank, I instructed the teller that I needed a copy of the check and that I thought it may be fraud, she ran it through and found that they had never issued any checks like the one I brought in to them. She made me a copy and her a copy of the instructions and the FedEx label. I then got an email for the results of the evaluation on the stores and I informed them that the GBI had open a case up to track them down. Obviously the replies to their emails are going to a server because they are just interested in getting the funds. They then sent me another check, but this was written on Compass Bank, I call them up and asked was this a true account and it was but I was still not conveniced because the check was fom a company called Landes Bioscience, I google the name and they are a biological science research comp that researches cancer and other diseases. I contacted them by email to inform them that somehow someone has gotten a copy of one of their checks and making a big attempt to inflitrate their funds fraudulently and this was o alert their staff. Haven't received any acknowledgement from them.