Sort by: Date | Popularity

Brakeplanet Complaints & Reviews

Brakeplanet / I think this is a company that is struggling to get things right, but they don't have their process figured out yet

Da

I ordered discs and pads for my VW Cabrio online on a Saturday evening. I got an email response right away (the same evening) showing the order had been sent via UPS Ground. No tracking number listed when I checked the order status. Seemed a little fishy, but I remained hopeful. After 5 days with no delivery (their site shows 2-4 days for West Coast shipping) I sent an email asking for the tracking number - no response. The next day (Friday) I sent another email - no response. I tried calling their customer service number on Saturday - no answer, I left a message to contact me or cancel my...

Brakeplanet / Very poor quality

Ty

I ordered a rear pair for Avalon for $103. I received them after one week. After spending $150 to put them on, the car vibrated at above 40mph. The tech said one of the rotors was warped and I had to pay $100 to take them off. I called the customer support. According their policy, they said they have to inspect before refunding and I may not receive the refund because I already used them on the car even though less than 10 miles. Now I have to pay around $20 to return. I may lose all. My recommendation: Avoid this company or you will get hurt. Buy some brand name like Brembo or EBC... They are expensive but save you from headache. The rotors and pads are from China maybe. The quality are very poor.

Brakeplanet - California, Santa Clarita / Fraud and scam

I ordered a set of rotors on April 9, 2008. I received set on June 10, 2008. Because I never heard from them for 2 month I bought a set from another ventor. I returned the package unopened on June 13, 2008. I was told by jennifer in customer service to fax the order as well as the return receipts to them and I would receive a refund. I have called 10 times with no answer to the status of refund. I have left messages with customer service with no return calls. I also have left 3 messages with Bern ext# 2010. I have been placed on hold everytime I call back, I would appreciate any you maybe able to do. I am sure there are others in the same situation.