BuyDiscountCigarettes.comDo not do Business with this Company

J

BEWARE OF THIS BUSINESS!
I have been ordering cigarettes from this company for almost a year now with no problems. I normally receive my order within 3 days. I placed my last order on 10/01/08 and they debited my account twice on 10/02/08. I noticed the double billing on 10/03/08 and immediately tried to pull up the website to get the 800 number. I received a page that said that the website was being upgraded and to check back later. Eventually, after a few days, I was able to pull up the website and get the number. I have been calling ever since and have encountered a constant busy signal. I have made over 100 attempts to call this number. In addition, they had taken the e-mail option for contacting them off the web site. It is now 10/13/08 and I have still not been able to reach this company. I know there has to be others out there going through this same situation. If so, please e-mail me at [protected]@AOL.COM and let me know.

• Na
    nazeef ullah Khan May 14, 2007

I found two entries in my credit card bill from [protected] BUYDISCOUNT [protected] US vendor/retailer. First bill posted on 30 April and 2nd on 1st may, i never used this kind of item or whatever.

• Wa
    walter May 14, 2007

I hate it when they charge

• Ro
    Rowel Oct 14, 2008

I am having the exact problem too!! There service was great and now they won't anwser my emails and the phone is busy all the time. Do you notice the address on there page changed it was at new mexico and now its New york. Sound fishy to me.

• De
    Deb Oct 14, 2008

Now I understand why I am getting nothing but a busy signal. Get this...I can't even log into my account on their site now. I had hopes of checking to see where my last order was???

I also placed a order 10/01/08 and still have not seen the order. I did check my bank account and they have already cashed the funds. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Ty
    Ty Oct 14, 2008

I going through the same problem.They already took the money from my account.Anybody know what to do??

Joe Nickolas Oct 14, 2008

Same deal. Placed e-mail order, Oct 1. Usually by their 888 phone number, but busy signal, so did e-mail. over $500.00. my checking account was double e-check debited. I have used this business since 2004 without a problem. It was a Jemez Pueblo, N.M. business, now this "Irving, NY" thing. The Jemez Puebo websites say nothing about this "tribal enterprise, " no contact seems possible. My account seems frozen at "approved, payment made, packing in progress, mail label printed." My e-mails are not answered. I may be out over $1000.00 due to the double e-check account debit.

• Sh
    shfiguy Oct 14, 2008

Same here. I ordered on oct 1 and 3 . They took my money on the 5th and that was the last i heard from them. the order sat in approved status, and then packing in progress for ten days. then yesterday i could not get on the site at all. It seems that they are no longer shipping to ny or vermont and they have simply deleted all ny and vt. customers from their records, rather than call their customers and tell them there was a problem. Finally after almost 200 phone calls I just got through and the supervisor told me that the cigarettes should arrive on monday for the last time as they are not shipping to ny anymore. and if i did not receive them to [email protected] So try the [protected] now she said the phone company is there installing new lines now. and like I said...I got thru. Hope this helps.
    Steve

• Va
    Val Oct 14, 2008

I to have the same problem and same date of 10/01/08 order. They did have notice they were moving and were having new phone lines installed. But this is poor business and the new company taking the money out of my account was Keystone Cigs. After 4 emails demanding a status of my order and no response it is concerning to me also.

• Br
    brian Oct 14, 2008

I have done business with them since 2005. Order placed 10/3/08. No response from them except they took the money from my account. I have not been able to contact them, phone or e-mail. I do not live in NY or Vermont. My account says "shipping label printed, being packed" They will not answer e-mail.

• Sh
    shfiguy Oct 14, 2008

Folks,
    I hate to say this but I think we may have a problem here. The more I thought about my conversation with the girl from buy discount herein to be referred as bd, I got the impression that bd has been bought out because look at the email she gave me ([email protected]) HELLO! I got a bad feeling in my gut about this and the fact that she told me that cigarettes would arrive on monday was her just putting me off. If bd is filing for protection under section 11 we would be up the creek unless we lay claim before that happened. I'm not a lawyer but I was in business for 40 years, and this does not smell good. I am putting my email address in this and I would suggest that we all contact each other collectively through our own emails so we can get together with a strategy. If you would like you can all email me and I will keep us all together and share any singular email with all of us. I hope I am wrong but I would rather be pro-active than reactive. Think about it and email me if you wish. Any emails I get I wil share with the group.

I hope your day gets better,
    Sincerely
    Steve [email protected] Cicero NY [protected] office

• Di
    Dick Searles Oct 14, 2008

Having the sme problem since 9/28 or 9/29. So far only submitted one charge to my account, though. My order is "in process of packing" since 9/29. My emails have been "rejected by server" in three attempts. Have wondered if bankruptcy is progressing, and why the website apparently will take orders if they aren't shipping. There was a temporary notice "we are working day and night to fill orders" - and there is no website for KSAP Irving NY. There is a website for EZ Cigarettes.

Julie Oct 14, 2008

I am having the same problem. My order has been packing in process since 9/30, thankfully the ACH has not been submitted. Just sent them an email though I don't really expect a reply.

Has anyone checked into any other places online for purchasing cigarettes?

• Ro
    Rob Oct 15, 2008

I ordered 9/29 and account was debited the next day. After many phone attempts, I finally got through on Friday and got the same story: system problems, phone problems, adding more lines and the order would arrive Monday, which was a blatant lie since it hadn't even shipped yet. I sent an email which was "rejected by server" too. Today my Spybot app tells me the site certificate is invalid and the site may be phony. My hopes that this is just a "glitch" that might be resolved soon are fading fast. It looks like we've all been ripped off, doesn't it?! And the fact that they (or others) are still taking orders means the scam is still going on...
    anyone know how to shut these thieves down?
    Rob

• Ha
    hailey Oct 15, 2008

I ordered from them two weeks ago and am getting a busy signal they wont answer my emails. They are scamming everyone who comes along. These people have got some nerve ripping people off like this. It is so wrong on so many levels. I hope we can take some action on this. If anyone has any news on how we should take care of this please contact me [email protected] Thank you and I am so sorry for everyone.

• De
    Dean Marks Oct 15, 2008

I have ordered from this company for years. There were a few problems, that they always fixed immediately. Not now. I am experiencing the exact same problem as everyone else. Bank account charged twice (they did this once before earlier this year, but fixed it before I even noticed), and no shipment. Numerous phone calls, and all I get is a busy signal. However it sounds like even if I did get through it would not do any good.
    Dean

• Ke
    Ken Pearcy Oct 15, 2008

Same problem here. I placed my order on the 8th and my acccount was debited on the 9th. Still shows my order is waiting to be packed. I have tried the number hundreds of times...still busy. I have tried the email ([email protected]) but no response. I have been in communication with my bank to see what I can do. I may have to file it as an unauthorized charge to my account...not sure how that will work since I did place the order. I hope it is just a glitch and customer service will improve, however I am very doubtful.

Joe Nickolas Oct 15, 2008

"Buydiscountcigarettes" is supposed to be a mail order business run by (or run for) the Jemez Pueblo Reservation people, New Mexico. That's the way I have seen it advertised. I wrote an inquiry e-mail to "[email protected]" Toledo is listed in their tribal goverment as administrative assistant to the tribal chairman. I asked if BDC is actually one of their business enterprises and, if so, what the hell is going on. This was yesterday (Tuesday, 10-14-08). No reply as yet. If I ever get one, I am afraid that I'll be told that the business never was theirs to start with, or "somehow" it was internet pirated as a one-shot, quick score scam with all of us as victims. Meanwhile, I am having my bank (Chase) try to recover my two $571.00 e-checks amounts that these ### stole. I need to find another company to deal with for the product, but who can I now trust? Any suggestions? Joe.

G Lewis Oct 15, 2008

Wow. Looks like I'm NOT the only one feeling like I've been felt up by a creepy uncle. I placed an order on 10/9, charge cleared my bank on 10/10 and still no smokes. Online info says waiting to be shipped, emails gone unanswered, and phone number still rings busy. I'll keep an eye on this board for more info... feel free to include me on any legal action in an effort to recover my money, should it arise. As if folks didn't already have enough to worry about financially these days... all I can hope for at this point is that these folks get some karmatic payback.

G Lewis Oct 15, 2008

Sorry if this is redundant info, but I did soem further digging and the eztobacco.com folks appear to now 'own' buydiscountcigarettes (or something to that effect). Make note that buydiscount's mailing address is the same (sans name of company) as ez.

EZTobacco.com
    P.O. Box 365
    Irving, NY 14081

[protected]
    (Mon thru Fri, 9AM to 6PM EST and Saturday 9AM to 4PM EST)

Oh, and of course, ez's phone number constantly rings busy, too.

G Lewis Oct 15, 2008

Me again (sorry for the spam)... did even more research online with the Better Business Bureau. Did a national search for Buy Discount and they are listed (twice). Interestingly enough, the Irving, NY company appears to be owned by the same folks (and probably has been for a while).

Lots of good reading here, though. I encourage you to dive in. I hate to be a stick in the mid, but if we all don't get screwed on this it'll be nothing short of a miracle from the looks of it.

Julie Oct 15, 2008

My only fear of filing some sort of legal action is can they (our state) charge us back taxes on the cigarettes we have purchased online?

• Wi
    William Oct 16, 2008

Big Problems here, Only got charged once. I put their number into an auto dialer, and just kept hammering the phone, I am through for the second time today. first time got disconnected when she went to transfer me. They showed my order shipped all i got was an empty box.

Will update soon.

Same problem...same results

Judy Oct 16, 2008

Well after finally getting through to them after constantly calling with a busy signal(for the last 5 days), they told me i could request a refund if i would like..OMG!!! So i asked for a refund. They said i would see it post to my bank account in 1-3 days. Yeah...we'll see. Oh i also reminded them of all the pi**ed of customers out there, and let them know I filed a report with the BBB, so we will see if this gets resolved or not. Best of luck to all of you (myself included)...

• Pa
    Paula Oct 16, 2008

Same issue here... I ordered on September 24th (not double billed, thank goodness). Order was over $170. I saw the site the day they put up a notice about upgrading their servers & phones, and where they promised an email response within 24 hours. I have sent 4 emails thus far, and none of them have received a response. I just filed with the BBB and will call my bank to see what I can do about getting the money back in my account. This is horrible - I, too, have been a customer for over a year.

Mike Oct 16, 2008

Be aware that other Native American smoke shop's (on reservation's) share the same PO Box in Irving, NY...PO Box 365, Irving, NY...

• Pa
    Paula Oct 16, 2008

I'm back - did a bit more research online and discovered that BDC.com (and thus, EZTobacco) is owned by the Hemi Group, LLC, which was sued by New York for sales tax evasion. On September 7, 2008, the case was decided. It will be going to the NY State of Appeals... can see the case here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/law/downloads/pdf/pr011703.pdf

I didn't read all of this, but I see dissenting judges, and the primary reason seems to be that they don't believe the online companies are responsible for the sales tax - that the customers in NY are (built around the Jenkins Act). I'm not a lawyer or paralegal, so this is my summary just as a reader who has interest.

Mike Oct 16, 2008

Found a New Mexico BBB listing, www.newmexicoandsouthwestcolorado.bbb.org/home.aspx...

It appears that they are now 001 cigarettes, called [protected] and received a recorded message that were working hard to fill orders. The web site above can be searched, type in Buy Discount cigarettes to see information. The web site also allows you file a compliant and shows recent complaints.

• Lo
    Lorie Oct 16, 2008

Thought you might like some more information on this company I found through research in trying to get resolution to my similar situation with them.

Buy Discount Cigarettes was a company owned and operated by
    The Hemi Group Ltd
    4773 Hwy 4
    Jemez Pueblo, NM 87024.

The owner was Kai Gachupin. The only operating phone line I can find for the company is a Fax line [protected]. I faxed them with no response so far.

I initiated a search for Mr. Gachupin and made a series of calls to people in Jemez Pueblo, NM with the same last name. I finally found a family member who was willing to talk about the company and situation. Her name is Theresa Gachupin. I asked her what was going on with the company and she told me Kai had sold the company and was told the new owners had everything in order to take over right away. He offered to take care of current orders and according to her the new owners told him they would take care of things for pending orders. She stated he was working to get things resolved for his old customers with the new company and that orders should be filled in 2 weeks. This was on Saturday October 11 so orders should be filled, according to her by October 25.

I don't know if I can trust the information she gave me or not - nor if this would be helpful to you or not but thought I would share it just in case it was helpful.

[email protected]

• Ke
    kerry Oct 16, 2008

Having the same problems as all the above! Glad I found this site, don't feel so alone. Placed my order on 9/29/08, they debited my ASH on 10/01 and nada!!

I feel so violated! First time this has ever happened. Guess I'm lucky? Lesson learned.

I'll keep watch for any news of recourse..I personally haven't a clue but will remain available to assist any way I can!

In appreciation..
    Texas

Mike Oct 16, 2008

Filed a compliant with the New Mexico and Southwest Colorado BBB...I'll let you know what happens...

Mike Oct 16, 2008

New owner, 001cigarettes.com...emailed requesting information on order...

• Lo
    Lorie Oct 16, 2008

I just got off of the phone with the new call center for Keystone Cigarettes who bought out Buy Discount Cigarettes.

They are an umbrella company for 9 internet cigarette retail sites. The explaination they offered is that they had 4 days notice to move the company (BDC) to Kentucky, the warehouse that is, and are striving to fill orders. But they are backordered on a lot of inventory according to them.

I asked them if they will continue to use the website for BuyDiscountCigarettes in the future and was told yes since they own the company.

I was offered the option to wait for my order to be filled, since my cigarette brand is on backorder, or get a refund. I chose the refund and was then told I would hear tomorrow by email if my refund was in process or if my order was shipped. I asked how could they ship if they do not have inventory and was told they will check the warehouse first before they issue a refund. If there is no inventory then the refund would be processed. So I guess I will see what tomorrow brings to my email address.

The phone number I finally got an answer at is: [protected] but it took several tries and a 10 minute wait on hold so be forewarned you may have a similar experience there.

Hope you have luck with them!!

[email protected]

• Da
    Dave Best Oct 16, 2008

All I can say is " Same Here". Customer for many years, Ordered 9/31/2008, Double Billed 10/03/2008. Phone calls, e-mails and such with no response. Finally at least got the answering service for the Keystone Cigarettes call center, but am continuing to try to get through.

Mike Oct 16, 2008

After the recording at [protected], you will be disconnected...

• Ed
    Ed Oct 16, 2008

Thank you everyone for all of your digging and reporting on this site. I don't feel so bad that I haven't got my $50 cigarette order now. Some of you have it way worse! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work! I'll keep checking back here for updates.

Martha Gall Oct 16, 2008

Have used them for 5 years. Now same results as you above. Bank can't reverse payment. Isn't this internet fraud. Did notice that web site now says they don't order cigs. till they get your order and time for turnaround has increased.

• Ci
    Cindy Oct 16, 2008

I have bought from them since 2005 with never a problem, until these last 3 weeks. I have also tried calling numerous times with nothing but a busy signal. My account in their website shows my order on 9/30 still being packed out and another order from a couple of days ago is in the process of "packing". After reading your comment on the complaints board, I think I better block their withdrawals from my account. I have a strange withdrawal from my account called Keystone for the exact amount of my last order. Do you have the same? Do you have any good suggestions for an alternative on-line cigarette supplier? I'm going to need a new one.

Mike Oct 16, 2008

After filing a complaint with the BBB, I just recieved an email from the BBB of the Southwest stating that all compliants about Buy Discount Cigarettes should be addressed to the New Mexico Attorney General at [protected] or their website at www.nmag.gov

• Ci
    Cindy Oct 16, 2008

I tried emailing 001cigarettes.com, but says the email receipient is not valid - - anyone have an email alternative for 001cigarettes.com?