[Resolved] Budget Suites of America - Grand Prairie, TX โ€” beware of this facility!

My hotel stay was AWFUL... I rented a room for one full week. I had previously stayed at Budget suites at different locations and was satisfied with the room, staff and my accommodations. But I would advise everyone to stay away from this Budget Suite off 360 highway in Grand Prairie, TX.

The staff is very rude and unfriendly. My room did not include a microwave oven when I asked why no microwave I was told very rudely by office staff that 'I didn't pay for one'. The room had roach motels in every room of the suite including the cabinets and closet. The bed was awful and the blood stained sheets that I paid for did not fit the slippery Plastic mattress . The towels that I had also paid for was thread thin, yellow and dirty. The TV made an awful buzzing nose when turned on. I wanted to check out after the first night and was told my credit card would still be billed for full week NO REFUND!

I was also told when I checked out that I would have to remove the trash from the trash can in the room before I could get my deposit back. I was told when I checked in the deposit would include clean up after leaving. When I complained to the manager/clerk on duty I was told "This isn't the BEST Westin" I am a real estate agent and have a lot of relocation clients. I will never recommend this facility to any of my clients as a matter of fact I will strongly advise NOT use this facility!

• Budget Suites of America's response ยท Aug 08, 2019

We do not offer linen service at any of our locations in texas. All the guests have to supply their own sheets, towels, dishes, pillows, etc.

• Resolution Statement

Chris Jan 12, 2008

You get what you pay for. Any hotel that makes you pay for certain items that come standard with other hotels(cleaning, linens, towels) should be a red flag. But what were you expecting with a CHEAP hotel like this? Next time don't go with the cheapest. I've been there, done that.

• Fr
    Fred314 Jun 01, 2014

"BEST Westin"

Thanx for making me smile. Chris is right, the cheapest cannot afford to pay staff or buy new sheets, towels, Tv's.

• Li
    Lizzell Peterson Aug 14, 2018

I stayed there April 30 2018. I stayed there for two weeks and then I left. They were supposed to mail me a check, they never did. I called to see was going on and they said they can't find no information on me. I stayed in room 3078F at the budget suites in the colony Tx.

• Br
    Brian Chamberlain Aug 15, 2018

John the security guard needs to stop changing the channel in the 50s room. He shouldn't be ever changing or worrying about the TV in the room. He needs to ask people if they are watching the TV before changing it now rude to this paying customers. John also needs to do his job assigned and not play poker with the residents.

Brian Chamberlain

• Ka
    Kate Ten Oct 03, 2018

We are staying here budget suite located at 3655 W Tropicana ave and the light shut down only in our building ๐Ÿ˜ฃ my daughter and i cant sleep because its so hot ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ other building has light but our building doesnt have i dont know how it happened but my family and i cant sleep i hope this problem can be resolve as soon as they can!

Jamie Whitechead Nov 11, 2018

I qualified to get my deposit back but I haven't received it in the mail. Each time I try to call cooperate one one answers or calls me back. They claim to have sent it out on the 6th of September but I never received it.

• Ni
    Ninjoe Nov 20, 2018

The one in the colony Texas will steel your mail I know they are because I only get the bills any Birthday cards or something you ordered online will get stolen and never make it to you I've complained before and it's still happening

• Ni
    Nicole829 Dec 11, 2018

I was told I couldn't receive my refund because I late returning my key. on the contract lease it doesn't say anything About not receiving my refund if the key is returned late in fact it specifically says to receive a refund by check for the damage/cleaning deposit (minus unpaid rent, late fees, damages and fines) within 2 to 4 weeks of checkout.

• Ki
    Kiesha Brown Apr 07, 2019

I have stayed in the budget suites on Walton walker for a year and a half now and the manager is very rude he talks to people as if they are kids and talks loud to you in front of people.

• As
    Ashleelovell0813 Jun 08, 2019

I need someone to call me about a complaint. I got put on the list of don't rent and I don't get why

• He
    Heather198074 Jun 30, 2019

I am trying to figure out who does the towing for budget suites in Grand Prairie on Lamar Ave. and no one will tell me. My car was illegally towed.

• Po
    Pony Smith Oct 12, 2019

@Heather198074 You still stay there?

• Dt
    DTown Diva Sep 28, 2019

Drug addicts and loud mouthed hoodrats hanging outside of your door at all hours. People arguing and fighting in the parking lot. Good luck getting the manager to do something about it; he's useless. Security is almost nonexistent. Vehicles have been broken into and stolen. Unsupervised children running around everywhere.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Da
    dallasgrandma Oct 14, 2019

Our ac went out we have serious health problems husband has copd and has to have the ac need to have maintainance available 24r hours a day they need to be cpncerned about tenants that are paying rent n time

Christopher Gambino Oct 21, 2019

I rented a room last month, and kept it clean, and returned it in the same condition I got it in. They took my address and said they'd send me my refund back there, but it never came.

• Da
    Dallasgranny Nov 13, 2019

Us guys need to get different tech guys or change rent price or make it where we don't waste our money having to buy codes every week when the internet constantly going out it's just wrong

• To
    Tony$$$ Dec 25, 2019

Customer service persons are ALL EXTREMELY RUDE INCOMPETENT ..

The manager, , , THERON IS A BIGGER JOKE, , MORE RUDE INCOMPETENT AND WILL LIE STRAIGHT FACE TO YOU...

PLACE IS FULL OF DRUGGIE AND DRUG DEALING ON THE PROPERTY...

Been here little bit and planning on moving at years end soon as income tax return here...

• Vs
    Vsgharris Jan 04, 2020

Hey i never did receive my $150 deposit back & i checked out November 22, 2019.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices