brickextended warranty

C Aug 02, 2018 Review updated:

Reference number relating to my case
I have been waiting for approx 2 weeks to get a service person to honor my extended with the brick. I have been given the push around from the need to Call the brick customer service to calling King and State directly who in turn directed me to call Trans global and Home Appliance Repairs Mississauga.
Where does it end. I have a house fill of children and guests with no working dryer

• Updated by Chris Kissoon · Aug 02, 2018

Please provide me with an executive of the company to escalate this as soon as possible

• Updated by Chris Kissoon · Aug 03, 2018

I am still waiting for my dryer to be fixed.
    Haven't received any information or calls from anyone.

Dec 12, 2018

Bought a Samsung washer from Leons and first it takes awhile to get to talk to someone at Leons then I'm given a number for the extended warranty and you don't get to talk to anyone, Iwas put on hold for an hour so I hung up and called back I'm going on 15 mins for the second round.I have definitely learned my lesson .Will not recommend or buy any more products from LEONS in the future, nor buy from any business that has king and state as a warranty

• D
      Jan 16, 2019

@Constance Sanford We need to bring the Government of Canada to this!!! I have having the same issues. They( Kingandstate) Never respond to mails or customers' complaints. If they are not ready for business they should be closed.. Mine has been 3 weeks and when I finally got through to them they were so rude.. Is this what we get doing business with Leons and the so called "Kingandstate"

Sep 05, 2019

@Constance Sanford I have same issue. I brought a LG fridge from Brick. Nightmares starts. Kingandstate, brick and Trans Global just push the ball to each other. My fridge not work for more than one month now. Kingandstate number take at least one hour to get somebody to answer. They said call back in 5-10 mins. Never happened. You have to suffer again. We should sued those companies!

Sep 13, 2019

@Constance Sanford I am in the same boat. I bought the Dryer and Washer from the Brick and they asked to buy extended warranty. Now, it's broken I call the Brick and they asked me to call King and State warranty. It's been 2 weeks now they still haven't fixed it yet. I call them, they put me on hold for 30 minutes and kicked me in a full mailbox. I can't even leave my message. What should I do now ? With you experience please help me out. Thank you.

• V
      Sep 21, 2019

@Tri Nguyen I’m dealing with the same situation! Haven’t been able to get through at all. It’s an absolute joke.

Dec 17, 2018

Ha Ha, I'm having the exact same problem. Either the phone is busy or goes straight to hold.

Dec 31, 2018

Oh my God you guys have a same issue. Please complain to better bussiness bureu. They will exclate.

Jan 04, 2019

Been on hold now for over an hour.. wtf... second time I have had to call to get the same issue with my Samsung Dryer fixed... goodness.. DO NOT BUY WARRANTY FROM KING AND STATE!!

Sep 27, 2019

@Amandamarr1979 Very true, DO NOT BUY WARRANTY FROM KING AND STATE and as a matter of fact, avoid Brick and Leons entirely because they have a deal with this company.

I went to the Brick to try and get them to help me with my situation with King & State, and after 30 minutes of complaining, they tried calling King and State and even they didn't get any respond. Afterwards, they were adamant that they were not able to contact them and told us to somehow contact them... does that even make sense?

The Brick basically took $200 from us and gave us a phone number that is dead with no response majority of the time. This should be illegal!

Jan 05, 2019

Our Samsung fridge bought from Leons broke 8 weeks ago. The Sumsung Leons department originally gave us the number to a third party contracted by Samsung to fix the fridge, after various transfers to different departments, following their inspection of the fridge (which the mother board in the fridge was actually melted) and having a quote prepared, Leons then informed us that to get this covered by warranty we couldn't actually use the company we had been dealing with and need to go through King and State since we recently surpassed our 1 year warranty and were now in extended.. its been 4 weeks now with King and State, still no resolution only been getting the run around. Call for an update and are told they will call back with an ETA, never any call back. Currently on hold again for 45 mins now...

Sep 26, 2019

@Jenn L I had the same problem with my samsung fridge. I called King and State and no response. I called the brick and getting the run around. I went into the brick and made a huge scene they finally agreed to a loner fridge as I had a one day old baby in my house with no fridge. That was just to shut me up. So my daughter keep calling in no response. So I called the brick again since its going on to 3 weeks and made another big fight and surprise I hard from the warranty company. Finally after one month my fridge was fixed. Believe me we will not buy anything from the Brick or Leons as they are one company now. But yes we should do something about this as it is ridiculous.

Jan 22, 2019

We bought our LG Refrigerator from The Brick with extended warrenty from King and State. Been waiting for a MONTH for my circuit board to be replaced. I’ve been without a fridge for a month. I phoned today to see what the hold up is and the lady (and I use that term lightly) laughed at me and said if nothing is done in two more days I should phone back. I sat on hold for 45 minutes to hear that?! Never buying from the Brick again because of this. What a joke.

Jan 29, 2019

they are bunch of idiots

Jan 31, 2019

Does anyone have the phone number for King and State? The Leon's location I bought my washing machine from told me I need to contact them directly and use my invoice from purchase to deal with it. I cannot find my invoice anywhere.

Feb 05, 2019

King & State - 866.617.2099 - Day 1. The line is just plain busy at this point. Don't even get the option to hold. Right at the outset, Leons rep told me that if I didn't have progress within two weeks then call them back and they would see if they could fast track me. What I'm discovering is that K&S has oversold themselves and are likely only able to handle escalated issues.

The appliance industry is broken. Electronics are frail, not proofed before implemented. This results in high failure rate. The appliance industry then pushed off repair responsibility to a 3rd party. This breaks the chain of responsibility and turns the whole mess of circular finger pointing.

Its time to draft a law and get it fixed.

Feb 12, 2019

I have gone 60 days without a washing machine. King and state is a complete joke, they need to be shut down.

Sep 13, 2019

@Kyle Heller Have you resolved it yet? I am still waiting for 2 weeks now and I can't call them.

• B
      Mar 02, 2019
    King and State - Extended warranty
    Canada

I've sat on hold for over an hour, twice, and have yet to talk to anyone. No response to our emails either. Three weeks without a functional oven. Called the Brick today and was laughed at, the lady said she'd email them and I would hear from K&S Monday. Guess we'll see. I'm done with The Brick.

Sep 13, 2019

@Brendan Ptolemy I am in the same situation. I called the Brick and want them to help me out since they were selling me the extended warranty but they are rude and don't want to help. Never buy anything from the Brick again.

Mar 05, 2019

Same issues here, been trying to get ahold of someone from the company King and State for a week so far. Took forever to finally get through to speak to someone, they supposedly sent the claim out to a service repair shop. I called the shop this morning after a week of waiting and they tell me no they sent it back to King and state because it is an LG appliance and they don't work on LG. I have tried to call all day and it just rings and rings with no one answering

Mar 06, 2019

I've recently had issues with a Samsung dishwasher we purchased at The Brick about 14 months ago.
    A service tech eventually came to check it out and made notes that the dishwasher should be replaced.
    He said King & State would contact us within a couple of days, but if we didn't hear from them within 3 days
    I should call [protected]. So 3 days later, I called.
    It gets to the "for English press 1, for French press 2", so I press " 1 " and nothing happens.
    The message continues "time expired, try again" and "for English press 1, for French press 2".
    I pressed "1" a lot.
    After repeating the message 3 before it says "transferring to an attendant",
    and then the phone just rings, and rings, and rings. After 5 minutes I hung up.
    A day later I got a call from King & State, and of course I wasn't near the phone, so they left a message
    to call them back at [protected]. I did... with same result.
    I also called the number that was left on my phone display [protected]... same damn result.
    What a useless support line.
    I contacted The Brick and they are looking into it. That was 2 days ago.
    How do these companies stay in business?

Sep 13, 2019

@Joe Carrola I am in exactly the same situation. I called K&S in vain for 2 days and I decided to call the Brick for help and they are so rude and don't want to help and told me that they are different department. Never buy from the Brick again. I don't know what to do now.

Mar 26, 2019

Frigidaire Laundry Centre was purchased in 2016 from The Brick with 1 year manufacture warranty and 4 year extended warranty with King and State which applied after 1 year . Frigidaire sent a technician in within the year and could not fix the problem . King and State (warranty company) sent technicians in three times in the last month, they cannot fix the problem, they reported lies to King and State and when I suggested they need to wash an actual load to find the problem, the technicians said they have no time.
    If they do not take the time to find the problem, they cannot fix the problem . The warranty company told me I should get my own technician in to find the problem . Why should I pay someone else to find the problem when I purchased warranty ? Technicians also advised King and State the clothing in the wash comes out perfect . What is perfect about clothing being washed and looks like it was washed in mud water ? Pics attached . King and state also refused to look at the emails sent to their customer service but believes what the technicians are saying and I am the customer that purchase their warranty .
    This machine have ruined my clothes, had to throw my clothing in the garbage and purchased new clothes .
    I am stuck between the warranty company and their useless technicians with no help from the The Brick and my clothing is being ruined every week,
    How does The Brick sell a customer a defective product and not try to help or take responsibility ? . They also do not have solution to solve the problem .
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY SHOPPING AT THE BRICK .

Apr 13, 2019

LG dishwasher purchased in Dec 2017, Feb 2019 the contact that keep the door closed burn up and broke the control panel and the main board, after 2 month of waiting the change the control panel and not the main board, after another 2 weeks of waiting, somenone at King state call and said '' the technicien says it's not possible to repair '' will give you a credit at Brick to buy another one but iwth a prorata of use '' What's that ????????????????, if your not able to repair to repair it, just change it, thats it, thats all .

As for me, Brick and King state, after that thing is over, never again and ill make sure to let everybody knows about this story

• F
      Apr 26, 2019

Into my 3rd year of a 4 year warranty for a broken washer. Repair person's been out twice and is scheduled for a 3rd trip next week. Each visit takes over a week. I'm pushing nearly a month now without a washer. King and State arranged for repair man to come out to house yesterday so my wife took the day off work to be home. No one had showed by 3pm so she called King & State to see what the issue was. They assured repair man would be there before 4pm and told my wife to call repair company to confirm. The repair company said they never received any info about the repair visit and that the visit was scheduled for the week after instead. I even called King & State as well a few days before this to confirm the visit. They told me as well that everything was on schedule. They've lied to my wife and lied to me. I've made several calls to King and State to speak with a manager and every time they tell me she has stepped out and will call me back. She has not once called me back and what makes me even more frustrated is that I ask the customer support on the line from King and State to make me a promise that the manager will call me. Three times I've received that promise and three times they have broken that promise. They will not even call me back to apologize for lying or apologize for my wife taking a day off of work unpaid for nothing. I promise everyone reading this that I will never step foot in another Leon's store or purchase a Leon's product again. I will make sure that the incompetence of King and States service is known to every person I engage into a conversation with. To the manager of King and State that never called me back: "May you rent the movie Wizard of Oz and pay special attention to the Cowardly Lion. You might take away a life lesson from this film". My next call will be to the Better Business Bureau and to my lawyer.

• B
      Jun 11, 2019

2 weeks ago I phoned King & State about my broken dryer. On the Friday of that week a repairman was sent to my home. He was very polite and informative. He told me my dryer needed a new motor. He ordered the motor on his phone and said when the part comes in the company will call me and he will be back to install it. Less than a week later on the Thursday the part came in and the company called to schedule the repairman to come and install it. On Monday he came and installed the new motor. I'm so pleased with the service that I received from King & State and I'm very happy to have my dryer fixed.
    B. Schilbach

Jul 05, 2019

@B. Schilbach What phone number did you use to call King & State? No one ever answers when I call.

• L
      Jun 21, 2019

Called about our broken dishwasher today June 21st, and first of all we had to wait on hold forever, then finally got through to the company. They informed us that our extended warranty didn't cover the broken rack on our dishwasher despite the fact that it states plainly in the contract that the warranty covers parts. They told us to take it up with The Brick, who told us to take it up with King and State. The representative conveniently stated that they pick and choose which parts they cover under the warranty and the RACK isn't considered a PART!!!

We are very angry and frustrated with their lack of service, professionalism and the fact that this company is a SCAM.
    We will be reporting them to BBB, and taking it up with lawyers as we paid good money for warranty coverage and nowhere does it state that a rack isn't considered a PART.

DO NOT USE KING AND STATE. Share this far and wide. They are horrible to deal with and to not honour any contracts.

Jul 04, 2019

How do people actually get through to this company?? I have called 14 times today and been on hold for over 3 hours and still haven't talked to anyone. This is shameful.

Jul 05, 2019

OMG I've been reading everyone's comments and am near tears with frustratated laughter. I too, have been trying to get through to someone at King & State for the last three days. I even called Transglobal (they are the Brick's warranty people if your appliance is under one year old) who were going to email King & State to call me. That was two days ago and you guessed it, no call. So I called Transglobal again today who are going to email King & State again. I asked them to escalate my request or to speak with a supervisor but apparently neither is possible. I have no faith that anyone is going to call me. How are businesses allowed to take our money and not provide service in return??? Where do we live??? How is this happening??? What can we do???

Jul 16, 2019

I have had a pile of problems with my samsung fridge. King and State is horrible to deal with. I have complained to the Brick, but they have not replied to my email that I sent them 6 weeks ago. Carl and Alicia are the supervisors at King and State, but they won't come to the phone when you ask for them. You are on hold an average of 45 minutes. Sometimes so long it hangs up. If you email them, they don't reply for almost 2 weeks, and with the wrong information. They will only warranty your product 3 times, then it is void. It is ridiculous and The Brick should be ashamed.

Jul 18, 2019

I was given the email for king and state, which they seem to answer the same day. Email [protected]@kingandstate.com. My washing machine broke today (bought at Leon’s) and it will take over a week to get someone to look at it. When I received my response it was from Barbados.

My other appliances are covered under trans global and I have never had to wait over a week to get someone in to look at it. But I guess if they are flying them in from Barbados then maybe that’s what takes the time...lol

• P
      Aug 27, 2019

@C_mc Its interesting you say you got a response from Barbados...i just called the brick to open a service call for my fridge and they advised me that it has to go through Kingandstate - however, the owners may be in barbados - i think she said they were due back yesterday? but unable to get back due to a storm?? was told to give them a try but if no answer to give it a few days??

Sep 13, 2019

I am in the same situation. What should I do? Please advise.

• E
      Sep 21, 2019

A few weeks ago, my grandmother’s oven stopped working properly (smells like burning rubber, baking option is only broiling) and she called Leon’s regarding her warranty. The woman that she spoke to — she didn’t get her name — gave her the number to call and when she called it, the person said that it was the wrong number. She called Leon’s back and they confirmed the phone number, but when she explained to them that it was the wrong number when called, they said, “Well, I’m not sure then. The warrant isn’t with Leon’s, it’s with an outside company.” That was it. No further assistance offered.

So we found the number for King & State and spent the remainder of the day on hold (calling non-stop between 10am to 4pm EST), and their automated system would keep us on hold for nearly a half hour, then say to leave a message for callback. However, this was followed by a message that the voicemail was full, and then the call would disconnect. She tried for TWO DAYS with the same results. I even sent an email (and a second follow-up email) on her behalf, and did not receive a response until FIVE days later, and from Barbados.

When they finally responded, there was no apology, just, “Can you please provide us with the following, to proceed with the dispatching of a technician?” followed by a request for the information about the stove. Without even acknowledgement that they had received the information that I emailed back promptly, I followed-up AGAIN two days later to ensure that they had received the information, to which they responded a scheduled date for the service technician to arrive.

The day that he was expected to arrive, he called my grandmother and said he was too busy and would come back the following day in “the morning or early afternoon”. However, it was not until dinnertime that he arrived the following day. During this lapse of time where he had not arrived, I sent an email to King & State to see if the technician was still coming. Without a response to my email, the technician, as I mentioned, arrived late. When my grandmother explained what was wrong with the oven, he actually had no idea what the difference between broil and bake was, and had to call someone to ask for clarification (that person did not know either). He then admitted that he still didn’t understand what was wrong and said, “I’ll just reset the stove and that should work.” However, it didn’t work and he had already left the house.

TWO DAYS later, after the King & State responded to my email stating that the technician had actually scheduled himself to come on the 20th (yesterday). They had not even provided us with a time slot, so we stayed home all day waiting around for the tech to come, yet he never showed up. As well, there was no record that the last guy had actually shown up to our house and did not know what to do. I explained the situation and asked for someone to come in on the 20th who could actually help fix the stove that we have now gone 20 days without being able to use. It has been over two days since I sent my last email and there has been no response, nor a technician sent on the day that they said he would be.

When I looked up reviews of King & State online, it seems that this is not uncommon, and that this company (not even based in Canada) is general unresponsive and unhelpful.

Nov 22, 2019

My LG Fridge has been broken for almost 10 days now - no response from King & State until today - looks like I'll be without for sometime - good thing it is only the icemaker, but I won't be purchasing extended warranty again. Brick is useless.

From: Customer Care

Subject: Automatic reply: FW November 15, 2019 - Appliance warranty - Inv 1011717VBPI
    Date: November 22, 2019 8:56:33 AM
    Please note that our office was closed unexepectedly on 11/19 due to a countrywide power
    failure. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and endeavour to respond to your calls
    and emails in a timely manner. There will be some delay but we thank you for your
    patience.
    Veulliez noter que notre bureau est fermé hier dans l'après-midi à cause d'une coupure
    d'électricité partout dans le pays. Veuillez nous excuser pour le dérangement et nous
    essayerons de vous repondre dans les plus brefs délais aujourd'hui. Merci de votre
    patience.

• P
      Nov 26, 2019

My dishwasher broke at the start of September and still being given the run around 3 month later despite having paid for a 4 year warranty. Issues appears to be a dispute on the costs charged by the appliance repair company on their first visit and king and state warranty company. Have raised a formal complaint with their Head of Legal ([[protected]@thebrick.com] but have yet to receive any response from the Brick. Next steps are to a) raise a complaint with the better business bureau b) write to the Attorney General of Canada requesting that the Department of Justice formally investigate this warranty issues given the issues noted above, c) proceed with a small court claim and d) contact the media to see if any one wants to cover this warranty scam story.

Please let me know if you would be interested in joining me for a media interview or even if you wanted to join forces for a class action law suit.

Dec 18, 2019

Bought a Samsung fridge from the brick in 2016 with extended warranty, early spring the compressor went it took King and State over 3 months to have it fixed after repeated calling, being put on hold or cut off. In October the fridge went again took King and State a month after repeated calling to have a service rep come to look at and state the mother board has gone need to order one. Called King and State first week in December to find out status of part, "on order do not know when it will be in". Called today almost 2 weeks later to King and State just to be told that the fridge was fixed and the work order was closed. I have a very large footlocker in my kitchen that was never fix and the rep stated that she will call back after she looks into this matter. Still waiting for the call and the fridge has not been fix.

Dec 24, 2019

Incroyable comment une Cie qui offre des garantie Prolongé pour une grosse Compagnie comme Brick puisse donner un si mauvais service, et que Brick accepte çà et de sont côté ne bouge pas.

Maintenant j`ai porté plainte directement chez Brick et j`attend de voir leurs opinions et leurs gestes pour satisfaire leurs clientèles !!!