[Resolved] Bradley Companydeduct from my deposit a lot refund not received

M Jul 31, 2019

Hello,
My name is Mahboobeh Ghalehnovi and I am a graduate student at University of Notre Dame lived at FOG. I am sending you this email because I have an issue regarding my previous apartment in FOG (Fischer graduate Residence). Bradley Company runs FOG.

I moved in August 2017 in Fischer Graduate Residence and moved out in 31th May (1.5 months ago). My roommate moved out in 29th May just two days before me.
After my moving out, they deducted from my deposit for cleaning my room plus the common areas of the apartment although I cleaned the apartment. But they only charged my roommate for cleaning her room because she moved out 2 days before me.
I emailed them (Vanessa and Erica) and asked about this issue, they told me to contact my roommate and talk about the division of that money between us. She is from China and now she went back there. I emailed her and texted in WeChat, Instagram applications but she did not respond to me. I should say I cleaned all the apartment except her room. I believe that people in Fischer Graduate Residence had to deduct from the deposits of both of us not only mine for cleaning the common areas. Also, I believe that this is not my responsibility to contact my roommate to get my money back however I did and she did not respond.
They told me "In this event that you still resided in the apartment after your roommate moved-out, the cleaning charges for the condition remained on your account as you were the last to be occupying the space."
However, I believe this does not make sense when I occupied the apartment just less than 2 days after my roommate moved out (She moved out on Wednesday around 5 PM and I moved out on Friday around 4 PM). It is too obvious that I cannot make the apartment dirty in two days however I cleaned all the apartment. I attached some pictures they sent me and they are as proof of this fact that I cannot get the apartment dirty in two days. I should say I spend lots of time cleaning.

In addition, I saw two things in the bill they sent to me which they are as follows:
1) They charged me two times 70 $. I emailed them and they confirmed and wanted to send me a check with 70 $ and still, they did not send.
2) I saw they charged me for the left item in the kitchen. When I moved in two years ago (2017) they were in the kitchen. One of the items is for the refrigerator. The other item is not mine nor my roommate and it is not fair that I should be responsible.
I emailed them and they told me that I am responsible for those items however they are not mine and one of them is for the refrigerator of the apartment's kitchen.
FYI, first, they deducted me 280 $. Now they want to send me a check 70$ (still they did not send). It means they charged me 210 $. 45 $ is for cleaning my room and 165 $ is for common areas of the apartment. I believe that I and my roommate should pay 165 $ but the Fischer's people only deducted from my deposit. Absolutely it is not fair to inspect the apartment in that way they did because my roommate moved out 2 days before me and now I am charged for all cleaning of the common areas.

I also attached their emails and some pictures. Unfortunately, they have not responded to my last email (25 July) yet.

I ask them to refund my money.

I appreciate it if you can help me.
Thanks,