Brach'sstale and smelly candies

F

I recently went to the shop of Brachs Candy Company. I bought two packs of candies from them, but when I opened mine, I felt strange and unpleasant smell. I threw it out, but the second pack I gave to my friend. She told me that the same stale smell was in her pack and she told that the taste was also very strange. Be careful if you buy their candies and post comments about your experience.

• Updated by S. Carr (Unhappy Customer) · May 31, 2017

I still haven't heard anything from the company to resolve this matter. I always thought that the company's goal is to please the customer.

• Updated by Cenith · Aug 15, 2017

8/13/17
    I bought the small bag and when I opened it, I have never had something be so stale..
    I was so disappointed, I normal would not complain but, this has happened several times now. I did check the expiration date it was 1/17/2018.

• Updated by LaWanda Stevens · Aug 23, 2017

They were on sale 2 for 4 dollars I would like to be compensated for the stale product

Comments

• Updated by FLgator · Aug 31, 2017

this looks like a scam!!!

• Updated by Sherrie68 · Sep 26, 2017

I purchased a bag of sugar free lemon hard candy from Walgreens, Jonesboro, AR, which by the way is to expensive, I wished Wal-Mart carried it. On 9-26-17 open one up and noticed it had a nylon string coming through the middle of it sticking out on both ends. What a choking hazard.

• Updated by Mae Winkle · Feb 11, 2018

Same complaint would just like a refund for the candy that was inedible

• Updated by Mae Winkle · Feb 11, 2018

Same complaint, just send me my refund

• Updated by Mae Winkle · Feb 26, 2018

As I said before I purchased two bags of maple nut goodies from Walgreens drug store and they were so hard that I could not Ieat them. I thought I was going to break my dentures It is really a shame because these have always been a favorite of mine.Did you change your formula for making them? I think I deserve a refund at the very least. My name is Harry Thomas and my address is 7601W.Cornbread Rd. Yorktown, In 47396.

• Updated by Jimmydfrench · Mar 27, 2018

Hard as a marble almost broke my dentures gave one to a friend they spit it out

• Updated by lalvarez · Jul 18, 2018

I purchased a second bag of the same candies and it was exactly the same! What in the world is going on??

• Updated by Susan 'Richardson' Miles · Jul 22, 2018

Your ability to submit on this web page is just as bad as your candy

• Updated by Annieisms · Oct 18, 2018

Hello, the product was very stale. Will you replace as stated in " Freshness Guarantee"? I am leaving my e- mail...please contact me: [email protected] Thank You. It appears that you require more info, however you neglect to state what that is. Please help me understand what is missing. Thanks.

• Updated by Annieisms · Oct 18, 2018

What more info? Be specific.

• Updated by Arroll · Apr 24, 2019

Your candy sucks.

• Updated by your crazy · Jul 08, 2019

Why do you Make it so hard to submit a complaint???

John Roubal Mar 01, 2020

whose idea was this anyway? the flavor is unrecognizable, it's like chewing on rocks. bring back the old ones. we loved those. also, the bigger ones with scallop edges were the best. soft and delicious. you can't give these to kids, they would choke on them...why did you change them, a big mistake.. i have to throw these out, they are not edible.

• Sh
    Sherrera Feb 29, 2020

I bought this product because it caught my attention as to the advertising on the packaging but when I opened it to taste it I was very unsatisfied with the taste i tossed it in the garbage it didn't have caramel or the taste of it and I didn't taste any Sea Salt as it stated it basically tasted like plain milk chocolate it was a waste of my money

Anne Hoskins Feb 11, 2020

I bought a 30 oz bag at Krogers. When looking at them they appeared to be different, with a border. After much debate with myself I bought a bag. Since they are only available once a year. What a mistake. Will have to throw out the whole bag to get the old style. They have no flavor, hard as rocks.

• Ga
    GailHeffley Jan 21, 2020

They are old got at Dollar General on January 13 2020 I buy these every year they don't taste like they use too.the cinnamon is weak .

• Ti
    Tina M Willis Jan 20, 2020

I just purchased 3 bags of Tiny conversation Hearts Candy Banana, orange, Grape, Cherry and lemon.
    This candy taste terrible like pure sugar. None of them taste like they are suppose too. I am dissatified what shound I do.

3 14oz bags 3.99 ea

[email protected] [protected]

I will happily return them if you provide postage

• Da
    Dale Doback Dec 28, 2019

Bag was supposed to have laffy taffy, trolli sour brite eggs, lemonheads, and sweetarts original but had no sweetarts.

• Ka
    Katwv Nov 17, 2019

Sorry to say this new recipe is disgusting! Everything that was good about the original recipe is missing. To make matters worse you spend money thinking you are getting maple nut goodies and you get a bag of maple nut awful. False advertising I say.

• Je
    Jesse1234 Nov 13, 2019

Raisins are hard to chew with good teeth

• He
    Helen Atenza Oct 26, 2019

10/16/2019 I purchased a bag of Milk Chocolate peanut clusters at hobby lobby in Redlands, Ca and they tasted old and stalled. Very disappointed. Experation date is 10/30/19
    Please refund my money or send me a replacement bag.
    Helen Atenza

• Tr
    Trisha Girl Oct 26, 2019

The bag of candy corn was purchased at Walmart. The bag has a 04/20/20 date on it. The corn is as hard as a rock!! We cannot eat this! Brach's is usually the best...what happened to this? It is far from fresh! I always tell my husband to buy Brach's when he is buying candy because it is the best. In fact, we have never had any that has been bad.

Maggie K Oct 22, 2019

I bought a bag of your candy, 100 pieces from wal-mart, that said it included bottle caps, that my son just loves, and there were no bottle caps in the bag, disappointed. Thank you for your time

• Bi
    bigdad6979 Oct 12, 2019

The candy was rock hard even though the fresh date showed it was good until 01/13/2020. Pretty disappointed since it was gift from my wife and I just love them when they're fresh. I check the bag to see if it had any holes in it but couldn't find any.

• Bo
    Bottle cap Lover Oct 01, 2019

We just bought the kiddie mix and no bottle caps!! The worst! What can you all do to remedy? I might just go return the bag at Walmart. We are so disappointed.

Mark s. Oliver Sep 24, 2019

Half the pieces are broken pumpkins are 1/2 size or smashed

• Ga
    Gary Fleming Sep 15, 2019

Why are they so hard like jaw breakers, I remember them being softer

• Mi
    Michelle Costarella Jul 21, 2019

I recently purchased this and the candy was so stale and old, especially the coconut ones, they were hard as a rock.

• Yo
    your crazy Jul 14, 2019

Maple nut goodies so hard impossible to chew, what happented?? My mother loved them, they are no good now, did you change your reciept? I really think someone could break teeth. I bought them in June 19 at a dollar General in N.C. The bag was good until Nov/13/2019 Something was terrible wrong with your product

A Nicole will Jul 06, 2019

I purchased a bag of sour licious candy that has 140 pieces in it when I open the bag most of my candyPouches had holes and the candy was fallen out of the bag

A Nicole will Jul 06, 2019

• Ct
    CT27 May 18, 2019

I bought a bag of maple nut goodies from dollar tree in Florence, Al 35630. When I got home, I decided to eat a few of them because it had been awhile since I've eaten then. The candy has an expiration date of 8/14/19 but the candy is very hard and hard to chew. In the past, I remember it being a little crunchy but not hard

• Ca
    Carla Griffin May 01, 2019

Candy was NOT fresh. Please send replacement bag to
    386 Elatia Circle
    Concord, NC 28025

or replacement coupon to my email at

Thank you.
    Carla Griffin

*I have attached a photo of bag and receipt for proof of purchase.

• Ca
    Carla Griffin May 01, 2019

Candy was NOT fresh. Please send replacement bag to
    386 Elatia Circle
    Concord, NC 28025

or replacement coupon to my email at

Thank you.
    Carla Griffin

*I have attached a photo of bag and receipt for proof of purchase.

• Ar
    Arroll Apr 30, 2019

I really liked your bridge mix but you barley get any of the jelly ones and never get any brazil nuts any more . Also the maple nut candy are so hard to bite them so i just dont buy them anymore.

• Ju
    Judyogi Apr 30, 2019

I bought 4 bags & on the 2nd bag. It's been yrs since I bought brachs. I normally. buy the cheapest kind. I am disappointed as I have come across many miss-shaped, colorless, teeny tiny. & 2 or 3 stuck together. I didn't think much of it til the 2nd bag was the same. code is: 9A22VR1114. Best by: 01-19-21. UPC: [protected]. Won't buy these again.

• Do
    Douglas allsbrook Apr 27, 2019

On 2/7/2019 I purchased 12 4oz bags from amazon.com. 95% of these candies were hard and not chewy. Best buy 9/18/2019. Number on bag 8l19bb182. Here are more characters you need if I am to get a reply. Your overpriced candy is worthless.

• Si
    Sillygrandma10 Apr 27, 2019

Purchased 2 bags of maple nut goodies today. 4/18/2019 Both bags are so hard you cannot even begin to chew them. Expiration date is 10/31/2019. Far from outdated. Very disappointing. Was expecting something better from a name brand like brachs.

• Ya
    Yagirl73 Fire Apr 21, 2019

I bought 3 bags of jelly beans 54oz and the jelly beans and the were stuck together and look like the were old the Best Buy date is cuurent

• Sh
    Shelly Kutchara Mar 13, 2019

today is mar. 7th . bought these yesterday. I have always bought your product because it was the best. but in the last year when everything is downsizing and staying the same price quality seam to have gone out the window also. the raisins are hard as a rock, and the chocolate taste like elmers chocolate ! very disapointed .

Charlie Berns Mar 09, 2019

Found a piece of plastic in the hand full of candy, I got out off the bag.

• Co
    connie hatten Mar 02, 2019

they are hard supposed to be good till12/02/2020

• Al
    alfrieda patterson Feb 26, 2019

maple nut goodies are my favorite candy .the past year they have been slimy to the touch and as hard as a jaw breaker inside.i even buy them at different stores .they are all the same.did you change them some how.

• Annette Doogan Haut Feb 12, 2019

I purchase these every year for Christmas
    stockings. This year I bought 12 at Menards in Portage In for $2.50 a piece for a total of $30.00.
    Every single one of the was stale and white with age . I was completely embarrassed and extremely disappointed.
    Please send me a refund
    Sincerely
    Annette Haut
    [protected]
    22 N 600 W
    Valparaiso In

• Lg
    LG Zee Feb 11, 2019

Do not like the changes you made to the bridge mix. Much better before the changes. The Nut Goodies are always stale and hard, when I purchase them. You are ruining the great products from our past.

• Jr
    jrstill Feb 11, 2019

the toffee is so hard you cannot chew them. and the outer coating is like a powder that melts. this is not the first time

• Ta
    Taco Bishop Feb 11, 2019

Bought maple nut goodies at Wal-Mart at Chesapeake Square in Chesapeake Virginia on 2/4/19 they are very style- sale by date is 3/27/19.
    I'm so disappointed at this because I love this candy

• Ed
    Eden Morgan Jan 23, 2019

I am not satisfied with this product . On almost all the hearts I cannot see the little notes and on others there not even on the hearts! Also the grape ones are gross, but that's besides the point, the WHOLE reason I bought them is because I wanted to read all the little notes on them!

• Na
    Nancy Chinn Dec 13, 2018

I got a package of them at the Dollar Tree and went to bite into one and they were all hard. So dissatisfied!

Jan Marie Dec 12, 2018

Purchased 2 bags of the Brach's Maple Nut Goodies and sadly disappointed. A family favorite for all of my life was not edible. Both bags were hard as rocky and nuts tasted bad. The expiration date is not until April 9, 2018. Very upset 😡. What can I do about this?

• Ro
    Rod Richards Dec 11, 2018

I purchased a pack of maple nut goodies today at Shopko, they r hard as rocks. They r marked product number 8F14BB182 with a best by date of 3/14/2019. they r not what I expected, please replace with something edible.

Jaqckson Nov 20, 2018

I wish to complain about the inablity to unwrap the paper from the caramels and slowness in melting. The caramels were purchased two weeks ago, stored in a dry cupboard away from heat, with message that said best if used before 05/06/19, PACKAGE # BEO74J30105
    Our grocery is King Soopers. I would appreciate a refund.

Comment Guidelines