Bounty Towelsbounty paper towels

S Dec 24, 2019 Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern,
On December 21 I was going to cook dinner for a friend. As always I would have to put a piece of french bread into the microwave as I have been doing for over 40 years. I would take out a frozen piece of bread and wrap it in a one piece of paper towel and it would come out perfect.
I have Never used Bounty paper towel I always use Brawny. Well I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds as I always have done and I was in my office and all of a sudden I smelt smoke. I thought maybe it was my oven but NO, I get out of my office and my house is filled with smoke so bad I could not even see my furniture it happened so quickly. I ran in the kitchen and my microwave was on FIRE! and the bread is on fire took a wet towel drenched in water and threw it on the bread and the flames went out. I have never in my life had this happen so someone said is there metal at all in the paper towels and I said I don't know I have always done a piece of frozen french bread the same way.

The flames were coming out of every part of my microwave I took out the bread and it was black and crumbled in my hand. This has to be from the Bounty towel because as I said I do this every night with my own dinner and Never and I mean Never has this happened with any other paper towels I have use. My microwave is burnt so bad I can't use it and was told to unplug it as I did.

Now I have to go and buy a new GE SPECTRUM MICROWAVE which at this time I really can't afford to do with christmas and all. I am attaching pictures of what this small piece of bread in YOUR paper towel did my microwave is destroyed and I am extremely upset. The glass was fried, the top was fried and sides everything I am hoping you will take this into consideration since it was your paper towels. I went to lowes and said can I fix this and they said no its gone. So now I have to spend over $200 to buy a new one and pay to have someone put it in for me. Everything is my house is white so now everything smells like smoke. Please look at the photo's I have taken. The black ones are the piece of bread that was wrapped in your Bounty Towel which I will never buy again. I will make this public since I live in a 55+ community and do not want to see this ever happen to anyone here or anywhere. I am asking you for some help here. As for my Christmas its been ruined due to I need the microwave for dishes I was going to prepare.
I would appreciate a call back on this matter if you would please.

Regards,
Cathy Dallara
You can contact me at [protected] I am in California.

• Ge
    Gerald jenkins Oct 31, 2020

I always use bounty paper towels but lately they don’t tear properly and the quality seems less absorbent. Something is going on with your product and it’s not for the good. Hope this helps you.