Bon Appetit MagazineSubscription renewal

I purchased an annual subscription to the Bon Appetit magazine. Only after I had completed the purchase did I receive a notice that I was enrolled in automatic subscription renewal. There is no option to cancel the automatic renewal. The only option is to wait until 60 days prior to the end of the subscription, when some notification will be sent about the upcoming automatic renewal. I am not sure what option I will have at that time.
I feel it is a very underhanded practice by Bon Appetit Magazine to automatically enroll in the subscription renewal without informing the customer about it until the purchase has been made and then not offering any option to opt out of the renewal.