Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business Services Blooms Today scam and rip off!

Blooms Today review: scam and rip off!

Author of the complaint
5:54 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They say your first order will be 50% off if you answer just one question. but then send email 'congratulating' you for buying a monthly ' coupon charge'. my 45.00 order was charged full price plus a 10.00 additional charge for this 'monthly service' no half off> just big scam!

76 comments
K
Dec 20, 2018 3:35 pm EST

Ordered flowers for my wife at work as a surprise yesterday. The surprise was they were never delivered. I called the next day to see what happened nobody knew. They cancelled that transaction and took another 40 bucks out of my account with me waiting supposedly 3 days for my money to be returned from the previous transaction. I called at 8 AM and its 4:30 my wife is leaving work and no freaking flowers. Do not use these scam artists.

E
Nov 19, 2018 12:22 pm EST

They send one or two email daily. I am not going to use them again, and have tried to unsubscribe, but the link does not work. I have received 2 today alone.

Apr 30, 2012 3:43 am EDT

Bouquet skimpy and charged monthly for discount I received on my flowers to belong to a rewards program I never used and never wanted to be a part of. You cannot get ahold of them to cancel it. I had to go through my credit card company to make them stop charging 9.99 month.

Sep 01, 2016 12:30 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

[email protected] is email.

This "service" was attached to Blooms Today, an online florist. I believe I declined to or was waiting to decline it but never got the chance. I have no evidence they ever provided any service other than collecting my monthly payment. Customer service phone number delivers a 5 minute recorded message, tells you to wait and after a few more minutes hangs up. Not easy to cancel. Advise using another service besides Blooms today.

May 13, 2010 12:29 pm EDT

What appears to be a simple, relatively cheap way to send flowers is really a scam to get customers on the "Blooms Rewards" system. After ordering what I thought was a one time service, I noticed monthly fees on $9.95 being withdrawn from my checking account courtesy of "Blooms Rewards". When I called customer service to see if they could refund my money because their records showed I had clearly NOT used the service, I was given no help and told to call back. Very disappointing and an overall frustrating expirience.

May 11, 2011 4:46 pm EDT

Please people don't user this service. I ordered Flowers for my mom on May 6th to be delivered on May 9th because she was out of town.

They called me at 3:45 pm on Monday to inform me that they "had just figured out" that they could not fill the order because they don't have any more flowers.

Then I call and every customer service rep was rude and did not give a flying crap that my mom wasn't going to receive flowers. They said "we can have them out sometime this week" REALLY?

So I asked for a refund and then called my mom. So this morning I log into my bank account and realize they didn't put a credit through they charged me AGAIN. So again I call customer service rep, rude again, actually cussed at me, which was great. Fuel the fire dummies. So they say, yes it will show as a charge for 5-7 business days until it is actually refunded. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? How is that even legal?

J
Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm EDT

Very upset with the lack of professionalism with this company! wanted a pleasant surprise for a co-worker's 50th birthday and it ended in disappointment. i had to make several phone calls up til the end of the day in which they assured me the order was on it's way - only to have a phone call to my friend (which totally ruined the surprise) stating they didn't think they would get it there on time therefore the flowers were re-routed to her home. NOT what i wanted. very unprofessional. when i called to express my disappointment, it was downplayed. would never recommend this business.

N
Jan 15, 2012 9:09 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Don't buy the 50% deals. my total came to $35.38 but it wasn't untill after I recieved a overdraft from my bank that I realised that something was wrong. I never recieved a reciept by email and still havent and it s been two weeks. They took out $62.88 and then in a different charge of $9.00. two days later they refunded $27.50 that was the 50% off the flowers. I had no idea that the $9.99 was to pay for a Blooms Rewards program that I will be charged every month. You Can't get ahold of anyone on there customer service line, so call there ordering line. I have never recieved anything from the Blooms Rewards program either. This has to be illegal. If anyone is working on a class action lawsuit count me in. tThis mistake has cost me over a hundred dollars. I haven't saved ###!

Oct 22, 2011 6:00 pm EDT

I was charged 2 charges of 9.95 for Blooms rewards before I realized it. They also signed me up for another company/front called "Identity Worldwide" with a 14.95 charge. When I looked up the charge on my credit card, the merchant number was the same number as blooms rewards/today/whatever the heck other companies they front as...super sketch.

...But it gets worse. I sent an email to them to cancel the membership and refund the past charges. They refunded the charges for blooms rewards, but charged me the 50% discount I received when I purchased the flowers which was $25...so they figured out a way to take $5 more from me. They would not refund the 14.95 charge.

I feel very upset and cheated...Thank you for being a terrible company, Blooms Today . You already know you have a lot of upset people, yet you continue to add to your numbers...ridiculous.

Nov 29, 2011 3:54 pm EST

This was the worst experience I have had with an flower company. I attempted to order flowers for Mother's Day to be sent to my mom and mother-in-law. Both were completely wrong from what was ordered. I tried to have my mom's corrected and redelivered and they never showed up. I had to call back to find out why they never showed up to receive a call later to say they could not get what I ordered. Not flower company that delivered the wrong thing actually came back to my mom to pick up what they delivered! Who does that! My mother-in-law's was also wrong but I was only able to get half off because if they gave me a full refund the flower company would be coming back to pick them up! Blooms Today ruined my mother's day gifts to my mom and mother-in-law. I will never order from them again!

Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm EST

I placed an order for a funeral service which happened to be the day after Valentines Day. The beginning of my problems came when online the wrong flowers were ordered. I tried to call them on Valentiens Day to correct the order but they only had a recording and were not answering phone calls until the next day. I called them at 6:00 am since it would have been 8 their time. They said the only way to correct the order was to place another one and refund me for the first. I said just do it. I waited until late afternoon to hear that they were delivered. I called them again requesting that they deliver them before the funeral, they said they would leave a note for the floralist, and did not indicate any other problem. Later in the evening I got a message saying due to the hight volume they had for Valentines Day they were unable to fullfil my request and will refund my money! So now they never got the flowers for the death of their father, but now I am waiting to be refunded for two flower orders that I never recieved. They should have had the decency to let me know there was a potential problem the numerous times I called so that I could have filled the order some were else. Not only that but when I called to complain they said there was nothing they could do about it now and offered 20% off (wow a whole 4 dollars?) and the flower arrangement would change and so would the vase. I told them no thank you.

May 11, 2011 4:01 pm EDT

I went online and ordered a flower arrangement from Blooms Today . No problem with the order. It went as planned and the arrangement was very nice. However, then I started getting $9.99 monthly charges on my credit card. Supposedly, when I got my discount online, I signed up for this Bloomsreward Club which costs 9.99 a month. No way did I knowingly sign up for this. When I called to complain, they said they could take off the charges, but they would have to reinstate the discount that I received on the order. WHAT?! I opted to "cancel"
my membership and warn others about this come-on. Don't order from them; it's not worth the hassle.

Y
Sep 05, 2011 4:32 pm EDT

Without my knowledge or authorization, (like the previous reviewer) Blooms Today gave my credit card information to a scam organization that attempted to enroll me in one of their many schemes to charge me an automatic annual fee of $149 for "discount coupons." I researched the affiliate company, CompleteHome, and found that they are just one of several scam companies operated by Trilegiant Corporation in Norwalk, CT. They have been sued for credit card fraud in almost every state in the U.S.! I have filed complaints withe the Federal Trade Commission and the attorneys general in the states of VA (where Blooms Today is located), CT (where Trilegiant is located), TN (where CompleteHome has a post office box) and the state in which I live. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Blooms Today or you will risk credit card fraud and/or identity theft!‎

G
May 24, 2010 10:15 pm EDT

Rip Off Scam when ordering--They offer a 50% discount on their website and then sneak in the 9.99 fee to join--You have to print your receipt to notice a charge difference from the checkout cart. Very sneaky.

May 08, 2011 12:43 pm EDT

I went online to order some flowers to be delivered on a very specific day. Blooms Today failed miserably. First of all, the ad was misleading. I was looking at one price, when in fact I had to join a club (read the fine print) in order to get the price. I ordered the flowers and not only were they NOT delivered on the day they were supposed to be delivered (and I gave plenty of time) but the next day, they coudln't even get hold of the people they sub contracted to do it!When I called repeatedly, they kept telling me that they couldn't reach anyone and what would I like to do? I told them to cancel everything, which they did. When they finally got hold of the driver, he said he delivered it the next day, which I accepted. They told me that they would give me the agreed upon price and not join me in their club. On my credit card bill, not only did they charge me full price, but they added an additional $9.99 for that month (March) and also did it again on my April statement. I have filed a dispute, but will never do business with them again. They do not deliver what they say they will.

May 17, 2010 12:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with this fraudulent "company"! I ordered a bouquet of tulips to be delivered to my mother on Saturday, the day before Mothers' Day. I received a confirmation email and order number, as well as the name of the local florist that would be delivering the flowers. I paid extra for the delivery and it was guaranteed same-day delivery. Well, Mothers' Day came and I called her to see if she had received the flowers and she told me that she had nothing had been delivered. At that point I called the local florist and tried to give them the "confirmation/order number" that Blooms Today had given me, but the florist informed me that they had no idea what that order number was and they could not tell me ANYTHING because Blooms Today places the orders by credit card info only! So basically Blooms Today takes our credit card info, the same info they claim to keep secure, and sends it out to florists all over the U.S.A. Fantastic. I don't want to bore everyone with all of the ugly details that came next so I will try to keep this part short and to the point... By Tuesday there were still NO FLOWERS, I call the Blooms Today people and they casually proceed to tell me that they canceled my order because they could not find a florist to deliver! Just like that, canceled. They sure as hell took my money and they also signed me up for their "rewards" program which automatically charges your card $9.95 per month... but decided not to send my flowers. They then proceeded to lie to me and tell me that they had called and talked to me before they canceled it... ###! I never talked to anyone and nobody else uses my phone! But still she insisted that since it was in the "notes" it must be true. No apology no nothing, she just said that they were refunding my money, but I would have to call a separate number to stop the charges on my "blooms rewards". Unbelievable. These are the times where I wish I had a billboard so I could warn more people to STAY AWAY FROM BLOOMS TODAY!

Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm EDT

They are the worst ever in customer service, I called a few days after I made my order to ask about cancellation of the service. I was told that I must cancell by 21 days. I called and cancelled. Tell me why they still turned around and charged me another 9.99 on my account talking about one was for the Id Theft and the other for the Rewards program. She said one have to be enrolled in for at least 21 days and the other no more than 21 days...Stupid. No customer service skills and just rude. Each time I talked to the same girl and I will be taking this further!

Nov 24, 2011 8:33 pm EST

They advertise "50%" off your 1st purchase when you sign up 4 their rewards program & seeing how the prices 4 good flowers are all over $60!

Sep 22, 2011 1:44 pm EDT

This is the worst - absolutely the worst company I have ever come across. I am in the customer service business and would not even let my worst enemy in the world order flowers from here - Travis that works for this company is the rudest person I have ever come across and could care less about helping cusomers. Kaitlyn the supervisor doesnt' even have the slightest consideration to even call someone back to try to help.They guranteed deilvery same day and guess what NEVER HAPPENED - and they call after the time frame to deliver flowers the same day so you can not even try to order them from someone else. DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THESE SCAM ARTIST becuase that is all they are.

Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm EST

Do not use this service - they use unethical practices to promote a service that’s really of no benefit at all. I had ordered flowers for a funeral back in June ’10 and I’m still having to trouble with them cancelling the $9.99 fee to my account. I’ve gone as far as to have them blocked from my account, yet again this week they attempted to apply the charge. I called the office today (12/3/10) and the “customer service” rep was not only rude but hung up on me – how’s that for customer service. These people really shouldn’t be in business.

May 26, 2010 11:32 am EDT

This company will trick you into signing up for a "rewards" program. They say you agree to it when you order flowers to get a discount. I never agreed to this and I started getting $9.95 charged to my credit card every month. STAY AWAY from companies that sneak you into programs with repetitive charges. They'll always say they can prove you signed up, but it's a scam. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID. They would not refund my money. BLOOMS TODAY is focused on earning revenue no matter what it takes.

May 15, 2013 2:34 pm EDT

My order was not delivered on time, in fact, it's now 2 days late and I have not received a reasonable explanation about what happen just because their customer service department don't have a straight answer, they don't even apologize for the fact that I bought something to them and they failed to deliver a decent service, worst experience as a customer ever... Can't believe they still doing business after all reviews I read, I'm really pissed, they ruined mother's day.

V
Jul 05, 2011 4:42 pm EDT

This is a horrible company. avoid them. They charge your card three to four times as much as originally agreed to. I wish I would have read this first. They ruined my Christmas dinner by wiping out my checking account with fees I DID NOT agree too. On top of that they did not have the arrangement that I ordered and, when I called about all the charges, they didn't try to even make it right. Being a customer service rep, I can verify that they are a horrible company with horrible customer service! Not only did they ruin my Christmas dinner my wiping out my checking account, my Mom and Dad, get no flowers:-

E
Sep 05, 2012 2:40 pm EDT

Multiple fraudulent charges made to my credit card. Filed complaint with Attorney Generals Office, BBB, and FTC for deceptive business practices. BEWARE!

Nov 24, 2011 8:03 pm EST

These folks rip you off by telling you that they will give you a discount while unkowingly sign you up for a 9.95 a month fee for some sort of discount club. I called and complained after seeing it on my charge card (unfortunately it had gone on for several months. I am making a formal complaint to the Texas Attny General regarding their tactics. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE ! ! !

O
Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am EST

My wife recently ordered flowers from this firm. They have a scam going. Within a few days you receive emails telling you that you have signed up for a rewards program for $9.99 a month and Identity Theft Worldwide for $14.99 a month. Both are automatically billed to the credit card you used. I'm sure there must be some fine print on the site but it isn't obvious. I called and concelled both serices...but not before it cost us $25.

A
Oct 01, 2011 7:07 pm EDT

I ordered flowers for my wife on our anniversary over the telephone. I was not told about the $15 "service fee" and discovered it weeks later on my credit card statement. They charged me over $20 more than I was told over the phone. If you order online, you are shown a price that it will take you 20 minutes before they throw $20 worth of fees at you right at the end. Local florists are MUCH CHEAPER and not crooks!

N
Aug 29, 2011 2:46 pm EDT

I ordered flowers from bloomstoday.com for a sick co-worker (it was on top of the google search results) and noticed an extra $9.95 charge.

Luckily another search told me this was a monthly scam. I'm calling the company tomorrow and my cc tonight.

It's sad how any order from a top google search result can lead to a scam. Won't trust google search results anymore.

R
Jul 13, 2011 3:21 pm EDT

Thank you very much to everyone for writing a review about Blooms Today . I was about to hit the submit button when I decided to run a search on them first and stumbled onto this site. I cant stand companies that try to sneak in monthly charges (for a service that has nothing to do with flowers). Be very careful of this company. They haven’t received one good review. That says alot. Clearly, I cancelled my order.

May 07, 2011 1:49 am EDT

These horrible poeple are are about to go out of buisness soon cuz i didnt receive my 100$ flowers for my mother and that made me very angry and sad cuz i ordered them 2 weeks in advance those idiots took my money and sent me an email saying im sorry about the inconvinence we will return your money back in 5-7 buisness days. very unproffesional! It took them less then a hour took take the money out of my account though i can tell u that !

K
Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm EDT

I wish I would of read these reviews before I ordered from these people for a family funeral, after charging my credit card for a high end floral arrangement, flowers were supposed to be delivered that evening from flowers by rizzi, schiller park ill. Much to my dismay, flowers NEVER arrived, after phone calls from myself and the funeral
director, NOTHING ! No apology, nothing! Buyer beware of this company.

May 05, 2009 4:37 pm EDT

The flowers I ordered from Blooms Today arrived on time and in good condition. However, in order to take advantage of their 50% discount, I had to purchase their "Rewards" program for $9.95 per month. When I checked out the thousands of discounts offered, I found only a few I could use. One was for tickets at the local minor league baseball stadium. But the discount expired two months before the season opened! Scam!

Sep 02, 2008 9:32 am EDT

Month after month, our credit card is being debited $9.95. I have emailed, called customer service, and complained to my credit card company about these charges. I need this matter resolved quickly.

Sincerely,
Michael Stanton.

G
May 29, 2014 10:15 pm EDT

Me too 8x $9.99 I am pissed

May 08, 2011 1:02 pm EDT

A
Feb 15, 2011 2:49 am EST

Feb. 11 I ordred 2 arrangements one for mom, one for sis to be delivered Feb. 13. Only ONE arrived (go figure), so I called "customer service" today at 8am Valentines day and was told by Blooms Today they would be delivered TODAY. Its 10pm and still no flowers for my 72 year old moms Valentines gift. I will never use online "florist" again.

J
Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm EDT

DO NOT GET YOUR FLOWERS FROM HERE! THEY WILL NOT BE FRESH (BUT OLD AND UGLY!) AND THE COMPANY IS RUDE AND HORRIBLE AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT THEIR SERVICE!

I warn you flower shoppers out there... buy somewhere else!

GET RIDE OF YOUR "REWARD PROGRAM" and stop automatically charging people for things without sending them a confirmation first!

Jul 30, 2009 5:51 pm EDT

Prices appear to be low, but after the S&H and an automatic $10 "rewards" charge is added on it works out to at most a 10% saving over competitors. They quickly recoup that because in the very small print you've signed up for a $10 monthly charge on your credit card. Although I cancelled as soon as I got my first bill (June 1) they still billed me for the entire month of June. The end cost of the flowers was well over the competitors. Quite the scam! Do not give them your money or your business.

May 09, 2011 5:18 pm EDT

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! It is nothing short of a scam. They offer a discount on a purchase without fully disclosing the discount is based on a membership rewards program, that you will be billed for monthly of $9.99. You are not directed to read anything online or receive information via e-mail/regular mail. I have NEVER felt so mis-lead in my life!

Sep 26, 2011 9:12 pm EDT

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

41 complaints