Biofog Scoe 10xscammer

I purchased the 32 oz scoe 10x and used as directed over several days to eliminate odor in a coffee table. I tried using this product both ways, letting it dry and the saturation method. It did not work, therefore I returned it with my original purchase receipt for their 'guaranteed full purchase price plus shipping and handling charge refund.'

The only response I received was insulting comments like 'you need to get a life' etc. And have been denied any refund. John davidson's final reason for denial was that I did not contact them to get a 'return authorization number'. Although I sent the product back with a united states post office tracking number and received the time and date the product was received at the alpharetta georgia address mr. Davidson still refuses to honor his guarantee.

The $ amount was not that much, but it's the principle of the 'guarantee' not being honored. So, buyer beware, this company evidently has a reputation for never honoring their own return guarantee (more money in john's pocket). Mr. Davidson needs to take some customer relations classes and try to work with customers instead of trying to belittle and degrade them. Not a good way to run a company. Don't buy this product!!!

Note: I did inform mr. Davidson that I would be spreading the word as much as possible about his lousy product.

• Cd
    cdele6 Sep 18, 2009

The person writting this complaint really needs help I have used this product many times it work better than anything else. This person has written on alot of boards with the same complaint I believe he is just a complainer and needs help

johnr57 Oct 14, 2009

I can't comment about returning the item because it has always worked well and I continue to buy more. Our 12 year old dog has decided that the carpet makes a good potty. Without this product my house would smell like dog pee. We do have to use a UV light to make sure we've found all the spots.

jamrhein Mar 07, 2010

I also am very pleased with the product. No need to return. Cannot imagine someone saying "get a life" unless it was in the heat of an argument. It sucks if this is how the SCOEX people are, but I'll never know - cuz this stuff WORKS

• Mm
    MMitch121 Mar 22, 2010

I used the product once, and it worked.

When I used it this last time in another area where my older dog has peed. It ruined a carpet in a huge room and left dark stains and a horrible odor.

Now, the company won't refund the money unless I send them empty bottles.
    It will cost $100 to clean the carpet in the room.

Would I buy this again? No way.

• Be
    BellesAZ May 19, 2010

Well, after seeing a multitude of your comments online.. it does appear that their advice to you to "get a life" might be in order. Maybe you should... like, get over it. Had you followed their return policy instructions, all would be fine.

From experience, I can say is that it's generally accepted business practices to get a "R.A." or return authorization number and yes, some companies want you to return any empty containers or unused product. That seems very fair to me since not doing so opens the floodgates to anyone calling and saying they want a refund when they either didn't ever buy the product or they used the product with success and only complained when they wanted some quick cash. There are all kinds of scammers in the world and as a business owner myself, I can personally attest to the lengths people will go to screw you out of a buck.

I do, however, appreciate the reminder to follow the return policy instructions which are clearly indicated on their website. In fact, I'll copy and paste them here so the next time you buy a product that doesn't meet your standards, you'll know what to do.

REFUND POLICY

We know that SCOE 10X will seemingly not work for people who fail to read, comprehend, follow the instructions or miss-apply SCOE 10X. So, please follow the instructions.

However, in the event you need a refund, please follow these three simple steps:
    1. E-mail a return request to returns.
    2. Our Customer Service Department will issue a Return Authorization Number (RAN).
    3. After receipt of RAN, return all items purchased to us. (all bottles, including empties and spray bottles).

We will issue a prompt refund upon receipt of items.

BioFOG, Inc. strives for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please contact us immediately if you are not satisfied in any way.

• Pa
    Patches's Mom Jan 12, 2011

SCOE 10X is absolutely great! It's the ONLY thing I have found that removes skunk from my dog! I highly recommend SCOE 10X to all my friends and family. I have purchased it more than once, and will always have some handy. Therefore I have never tried to return it nor talked to their Customer Service.

• At
    atpalmer Feb 10, 2011

@BellesAZ:

I agree with your post, especially about the return authorization numbers. I assist the Fulfillment Manager at our company, and she takes care of returns. We need a return authorization number for every single product that is shipped back. Your description for the existence of RMAs is spot-on.

However, there is no excuse for a business to tell a customer to "get a life". I don't care how rude the customer is or how off-base they are, it's completely inappropriate for a business to do this. I also think the first lines of their return policy are more than a little snarky ("We know that SCOE 10X will seemingly not work for people who fail to read, comprehend, follow the instructions or miss-apply..." - copied from your post). I am sure that there are people out there that this product just DOESN'T work for - not "*seemingly* does not work" - and that there are people who did not "fail to read, comprehend or follow the instructions"; the product just didn't work for them for whatever reason. A *much* better way to word it would be "If for any reason you are unsatisfied with our product, please follow the instructions below to initiate a return". Simple and polite. If someone is returning something to your company, you've already potentially pissed someone off; no need to be snide with them. If the same person who answers their phones wrote their return policy, I'm not surprised they were rude enough to tell a customer to "get a life".

• Sp
    spam82 May 27, 2011

The negative feedback to this complaint seems a little staged.
    I have used scoe and I can say 100% it does not work. I bought a house recently and the owners had a cat and the caturinated in aspot on the carpet.
    After trying to use this product I ended up ripping up the carpet because of the stain that scoe left and the smell was still there.
    Trying to get a hold of someone that acutly works for the company and is not from the call center is absolutly a joke. Don't waste your money.

• Te
    teil2005 Jun 19, 2011

I am seriously considering buying this to get rid of the dog & dog urine/fecal smell from the concrete in my basement. Everyone talks about carpet but has anyone used it on concrete? Should I waste my time & money trying it?

• Ru
    runaway731 Jul 01, 2011

I have used scoe 10x on furniture, carpet and concrete and tile floors, i raise small dogs in my home. I was very surprised and happy with the results, my house has not smelled this good in a long time. The only problem I have is that price is to high to use as often as I would like to. why does it cost so much? If it were a little cheaper I would use it on a regular basis, so would other breeders I have told about it.

• Mi
    mishap1979 Nov 01, 2011

I have to say that I was very disappointed with this product. I was so excited with all of the great reviews it was getting that I just had to try it. Well, needless to say it didn't work for my issue. My issue was cat pee on a leather sofa. Maybe it was due to using it on leather and the product not being able to penetrate it like it obviously can on carpet, but it didn't work and my cat still pees on the couch. I was going to return the product back, however after paying the shipping to get it there I might as well just keep it.

• In
    Interested bystander Apr 21, 2012

Do more reading - you will find that the complaints about the company are many, and the favorable reviews are questionable (many are too emotional to be real - they are very suspect). The biggest issue, which seems to be supported by the wording of their refund policy, is that the company has little regard for the customer. The product may or may not work, but the company certainly needs a lesson in customer service.

PS. I was looking for reviews of the product before buying. After reading the company's own statements, I'll find something else.

joy dewitt Dec 31, 2017

@Interested bystander yeah i was going to buy this product scoe 10x but saw the wording of their return policy i won't deal with a company that speaks that way to their customers and potential customers

• Co
    Concerned Citizen13 May 07, 2012

I came across the SCOE 10x website today because I'm looking for something to clean an old cat urine stain on my carpet. The website posts hundreds of glowing reviews of the product, and the reviews are introduced with this statement: "All Customer Reviews are from actual SCOE 10X customers. All reviews are unsolicited, unedited and posted within 24 hours of receipt." As I started reading the reviews, it became clear that they just didn't ring true. They sounded like messages you would hear about the product in a commercial, and 100% of the reviews were extremely positive. Even very good products will have at least some lukewarm reviews.

Since I thought the website had blatantly lied about the customer feedback, I went looking for actual reviews from unbiased sources, and found quite a few complaints about the return policy, quality of the product, and inaccessibility of customer service. I suspect that BellesAZ is an agent of the company, but I think she did more harm than good by posting verbatim the return policy, which is one of the more outrageous things I've ever read. If you read their whole guarantee, it's even worse. They give complicated instructions that are arguably impossible to follow to the letter (lukewarm water could mean a lot of things), and then they say that any dissatisfaction with the product is 100% due to user error. (Although they also have a page that says removing urine from carpet is very challenging.) The Better Business Bureau reports that the state of Georgia has filed an action against the company for unfair or deceptive business practices.

I frankly don't know how well this product works, but I will never buy it and find out, because of all of the red flags raised by the website, the BBB, and reviews on unbiased sites. In the meantime, I'm using a home remedy that I found for FREE at http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm. I've used it successfully before on my mattress. I think it will eventually work on my carpet, but may take several applications.

• Qu
    Quito's mom Jul 10, 2012

Interesting read. But, being one of those who posted a couple of years ago on their website, I want to assure you that at least I am real. lol And emotional. When your dog gets skunked you get emotional. Anyone who has never had to sleep with the pungent odor (being nice) of skunk next to their nostrils will not understand the degree of emotion one can feel at discovering a product that actually works. Not only did it work for my last dog - twice - it just worked for my new dog and it has been expired for almost a year. I kept meaning to order more just for this eventuality but never got around to it. So, full strength and expired - it still worked. And yay! I'm emotional!

But, as a real person, I also have to let you know that you can reach people in the company if you try hard enough. I did and had a long conversation with a very nice woman about removing cat urine from carpet and floors. She talked me through the directions, which you HAVE TO follow for success. I'm guessing a leather couch would be similar, but I'd recommend getting their advice. For cat urine, it is not just the carpet that's the problem. It's the pad under the carpet and the floor under the pad. Their product needs to be pressure sprayed into the floor. Have I tried it? No. I'm too lazy to rent the pressure sprayer and don't relish the job. There are companies that use their product to do that very thing, and the nice woman told me the name of them but I've forgotten it. I'll get around to it eventually.

But for cat vomit on carpets - great! It works. And small urine issues - it works also. But I have a room which eventually I'll pull all the carpet and pressure spray the wood floors. I'm sure it'll work because I'll follow the directions to the letter. Love this product! Going to buy more right now!

Sara Bloom Jul 12, 2012

I used BioFog Scoe 10x on an easy chair in the basement where the cat went several times before I noticed the odor. Scoe didn't help much with that, but when my dog got sprayed by a skunk, I used it on his harness and collar which seemed to soak up the stink more than the dog did. I soaked both with the product, as well as a washcoth I used to bathe the dog and let it dry on the line outside. No more skunk odor. I was really impressed how well the product worked. I used the recommended homemade peroxide, baking soda, and dish liquid concoction from the internet on the dog, left it on for 5 min and. he still smells like skunk. Ordered more Scoe 10x to clean up the odor. For skunk spray, this stuff is the best. I am a real person who is very pleased with the product. Going to try it on the chair again. P.S. Bleach doesn't work well on cat urine. The odor comes back as soon as the bleach dissipates and the fumes are noxious to people and pets.

• Nu
    Nurse86 Aug 25, 2012

I have used this product for awhile now and I am ordering more. I have cats and it works really well for the cat box and accidents they have on my carpet. I really like the product.

andrea robinson Aug 31, 2012

I have yet to use the product, but am about to order for the 1st time...I've read most of the comments and have decided to try for myself before opening my mouth...Wish me luck...

joy dewitt Dec 31, 2017

@andrea robinson yeah but what do you think about a company that talks that way to potential customers about returns just rude i don't care how well this product works if the company is rude to me before i even buy their product

• El
    Ellen Schafer-Decker Sep 14, 2012

I am also about to order for the first time. A home company can be overwhelmed when their company gets very busy. Some people should just never try to be in "customer service". If the person who came up with the formula is trying to do everything, that could be the problem. Maybe they need a person to take care of just this aspect of the business! Just a note to those who have tried bleach... Ammonia in cat Urine should never be mixed with bleach! Lysol will help a little and does not contain bleach. If floors have been stained for years nothing will work. Hope you had good luck Andrea.

• Ki
    kintops Nov 17, 2012

I also purchased this after reading the glowing reviews. I followed all the directions and it did not work. I sent in my own review which was never put on-line. It was a 50-50 review, not totally against it. However, it led me to believe they only publish the "glowing" reviews on their website and not the negative ones. I would not buy this again. I found a good cleaner from "Dr. fosters and smith."
    kintops.

maintenanceguy May 29, 2013

I'm an apartment manager and maintenance man and have used Scoe 10X against the worst odor I have ever experienced. A man abandoned his apartment, leaving behind several years of used adult diapers all over the floor. There was a good 18" deep layer of them throughout the apartment. The scent was unimaginable and permeated everything. I tried Scoe 10X and had limited success with one treatment. I had torn out the carpet and pad and saturated the plywood floor, the walls, the ceilings... everthing with Scoe 10X. It took five treatments over a week (about 10 gallons of mixed solution) to make the apartment rentable. I don't believe anything would have worked better. I have used it successfully since and will use it again.

• St
    Steve156 Jun 11, 2014

Is this site still active? I am interest in the product but there hasn't been a complaint in over a year. Maybe they perfected the product. Inquiring Minds want to know.

• Ji
    jivy05 Apr 08, 2015

I have used the SCOE 10 X on heart pine floors and walnut furniture. with each application there was a reduction in the odor of cat urine. It took three applications but it worked. The products I bought at the big pet store did not.

• Sh
    Sheila0 Apr 22, 2015

I bought Scoe10X and also a little key chain UV light from this company. Neither product worked as advertised. My cat sometimes spontaneously secrets fluid from his anal glands when he is on my lap. Usually it's a tiny drop, maybe 4 mm across. It's the stinkiest thing on earth. I sprayed Scoe10x on it, waited 20 - 30 minutes and sprayed again. I repeated this several times, sniffing the spot each time to see if the smell was gone. I gave up after 5 or 6 sprays. I used to use a product from Castor and Pollux called Good Buddy Odor Remover (or something like that), but I can't find it anymore. It worked on the anal gland secretions after one or two sprays. As for the key light from BioFog, it did shine a purplish light, but it didn't cause cat pee to fluoresce. Some things like white paper did fluoresce, but when I shone it directly on a pee-drip on the side of the litter box it didn't fluoresce at all. I emailed the company seeking advice because I thought maybe there was some trick to using the light, but they didn't reply. When I emailed them for a Return Auth. number to return it they finally did reply with advice but it was nothing I hadn't already tried. Now for the kicker -- it is impossible to leave anything but a 5 star review for their products. When I tried to leave anything less than 5 stars I got errors from the website. Finally I left my negative review with 5 stars and the website accepted it. This explains why there are only 5 star reviews on their website. There isn't one single 4 star or less review. This reminds me of Saddam Hussein's election results. He claimed to have gotten something like 99% of the vote. But even he was smart enough not to claim 100%. I never went back to see if they published my review because I dislike this company so much that I didn't want to look at their website again.

• Ca
    Carrlee May 31, 2015

I was ready to place my first order for Scoe10X and several accessories. Then it hit me...this product sounds to good to be true, why have I not heard of this before...I must research! I mean there Is not one 4/4.5 review on their website and now I'm confused about this company and their product. Could any honest human please let me know if anything has seemingly changed with the companies return policy and customer service? Yes, I understand RA's, returning unused products, but never being rude to the consumer with a legit receipt. The entire focus around Scoe10X is the "guarantee" for the consumer, not smart mouthed employees having a bad day. I also understand companies being scammed by consumers, however the topic above is made clear she had her reciept and USPS Tracking Code...this is where I dropped off of Scoe10X site and felt it was like a scam. When almost every review is "omg I so love love love this..saved me thousands and thousands!". I am here for ONE purpose ... to find an honest company with a product to clean/rid areas in my home where my two super jealous felines have sprayed and one puppy has urinated several times. I have purchased two carpet cleaners and just about every cleaner for pets, and they only "mask" the odor, which keeps my precious animals coming back for the carpet rival spray. I would gladly buy Scoe10X with an honest review of the product, not one from someone working for personal gain.

• De
    Deonna T Jun 02, 2015

i recently had renters move out after 6 months, they had 3 small dogs which they allowed to pee and poop on my area rugs and laminate flooring for the full 6 months without cleaning it up, they did clean up the poop piles but left the residuals; I almost passed out from the odor when I walked in and after an hour or so of cleaning I started to feel sick & then I had to lay down until it passed. The area rugs, which I later burned, were so permeated with urine they were wet, the laminate floor had wet and dry areas throughout the house with dirt and unknown substances stuck to it, seriously, not only did these people not sweep the floor in 6 months they didn't change the sheet on their bed either. Initially I tried Pinesol, diluted then at full strength, it had so little effect that my boyfriend and his friend couldn't even come within 20' of the house let alone come in it; before leaving I sprayed everything down with antibacterial spray. All this was yesterday, today I made calls to the health department then started searching online when I found this site, unfortunately I found no mention of laminate floors so I called the 1-877 number and immediately was connected to a rep who had no idea of using the product on laminate, she gave me another number, also listed and again I was immediately connected, the guy I talked to answered all my questions and told me that outside of concrete, laminate flooring is one of the most easiest of surfaces to treat, however, there are gaps here and there where the urine might have gotten into and the only way to treat that is to force the mixture into the gaps and hope it finds it's target, otherwise my next option would be to tear up the laminate, remove the pad and treat the under-layment, unfortunately that's not a financial option for me. So I'm about to order a gallon of SCOE and pray that it works, My cabin was built in 1920, is roughly 500 sq ft and has more windows than walls, I love my little cabin and you just can't know the despair I've been in this last 24 hrs. because of the neglect it's been through, it's so
    dis-heartening. I will do an update after I'm done doing the treatment and I'd like to ask all the readers to please send some good vibes my way so that I can get through this ordeal with a somewhat positive attitude. Thank you.

• Bu
    Bunkiebunks Jun 16, 2018

@Deonna T Did you have any success with this product?

• Je
    JEFFinAZ Nov 03, 2015

Hello everyone - if anyone is having problems with urine odors on their lawn, I used a product called uri-cide that worked great. I live in arizona where the hot sun beats down on my lawn over 300 days a year, causing a bad urine smell.. I tried about half a dozen products - some worked a little and others really had no effect. the uricide got rid of the smell completely.. at first glance, the price looks a little high, but the product comes in a concentrate and you get a whole lot of product once you mix it with water. the package comes with everything you need to apply the product. they have a website uricide.com and it's also sold on amazon.

• De
    Dennis Durost Nov 12, 2015

Tried this product on a very dense 5x7 rug. treated front and back according to the instructions. the rug still didn't smell right so I used the black lite and it showed the urine stain had moved to a place previously not affected. ended up taking the rug to the dump. I could have used the refund policy to request a refund but thought it better to levy some criticism at the marketing approach instead. before buying the product I should have looked at the ridiculous skunk video. the instructions clearly state that the spray bottle should be used for flat surfaces and for rug fiber the product should be applied directly to saturate the fibers. that makes sense. however, in the video, they spray the skunk rather than submerging it in the scoe 10x solution. how did the fur next to the skunks body get treated? why was one guy wearing a gas mask while the narrator had no protection and didn't seem fazed by the odor? quite a scam! as regards the testimonials, you cite over 1, 000 but don't show that many. all carry a 5 star rating. your site indicates that all reviews are posted. based on my experience buying on amazon, regardless of how good a product is there will be a few reviews that are low, whether for a late shipment or simply the customer didn't use the product properly. buyer beware!

• Ju
    JungleJim19 Mar 28, 2016

I have used this product several times over a couple years. I purchased the 32 oz jug and I mix it in a new spray bottle as directed. I can honestly say it never works for cat urine. new carpet, new tack strips under and I end up pouring the product on until the carpet is soggy and it can't absorb anymore. I let it dry over several days covering it to keep it moist. I can't comment on the return policy, I figure I will keep using it until it is gone and not re-order. it does not work on cat pee. love the clean smell when it's wet and it doesn't damage anything, just leaves the cap pee smell behind.

• Fe
    Feralcatmama May 09, 2016

Hello... I have several cats and a few of them think the floors, especially along the baseboards, and carpets are better places to pee than the litter pans. I have tried many products over the years... they would take the odor away for the human nose, but the cats still smelled it and would continue to pee there. then I came across the website for scoe. I wasn't sure if I should put out money on yet another product, but decided to give it a try. I also ordered the black light. after the products arrived, I was a bit confused about what temperature lukewarm is but in the directions it also says "neutral to your skin". I took this to mean that you couldn't feel it on your skin if it was the right temperature... which would be 98.6 degrees f. so that's the temperature I used and the product seems to work for me. I used it on all of the perimeters of the rooms that I knew the cats had peed, I put plastic over the product for the 20 minute duration so it wouldn't dry out, and then I would wipe it up, or in some cases let it air dry. so far, none of my cats have re-marked where I have treated. with a black light I had noticed that pee had been sprayed up the walls in one room. I used the product, but after I was finished, the black light showed that the stains were still there. I contacted the company and I was told that if the urine had been painted over, then the product wouldn't work. I had never painted the walls, so I came to the conclusion that the previous owners had animals and had painted over the stains. about the black light I purchased, I returned it because I didn't realize that we already had one and I must say that I did not have any issues with the return process. I emailed for a return authorization number, got it, returned the product and got my refund. so, for those of you who are having problems with the product, it could be the material you are trying to clean, it could be mixing problems, I don't know, but I wish you luck in finding something that does work for you. I agree with some of the reviewers that say it's hard to get a refund if the instructions are not exactly followed. for example, I don't think I am the only person that didn't know what temperature lukewarm is. that can make it tricky to get a refund, because how can you prove you mixed it correctly... I guess maybe that's why they want the bottles returned?

• Ga
    Gail Bossett May 17, 2016

Omg don't look for anything else.. I was so please after using once I put it on my facebook wall.
    I used on my carpet odor was extremely horrible by my back door from my dogs in our new home. I thought now I need new carpet nothing worked. then found this product. got it yesterday. following instructions to the t. my back pavers odor gon from my 3 dogs, my rug omg I even got on my hand and knees to smell again before using. trust me I thought this will never work. it's amazing... it's the best thing on the market. extremely happy customer here in nj..

• La
    Laura31 Jun 05, 2016

Has anyone tried it on wood trim or floor boards I had to rip up my carpet and padding, I tried so many products to get rid of cat urin and the smell off the trim and floor board. nothing is working! not sure if I should buy this.

• Go
    googipan Apr 02, 2017

I bought the product and it didnt work for me and my dog urine problem was minimum. Im not going to bother sending it back because I know they will come up with some excuse not to send my money back. I will not recommend it and I wont be buying this mess again. To tell you the truth Hoover shampoo worked allot better and thats what I'm going back to I just thought I would try something different turns out its more work then using the hoover shampooer along with its rug cleaner. Forget Scoe10x everything that glitter isnt gold. If you go on their site you wont find not one bad review I should have known better when I saw that.

• Ka
    Karen59 Jun 02, 2018

Hello... I have 2 dogs and over the yrs they have had accidents of poop, pee and diarrhea. I found scoe 10x when searching online. I bought a bottle and I gotta say I have great luck with this product. I can stand there after spraying and just about watch the stain(s) disappearing. don't have cats so don't know about the cat odor and stains. i'm actually surprised to see so many negative reviews as this stuff is a lifesaver for me!