BigMen.comMy experience with this company has been a nightmare!

M

I placed an on line order for hickory striped overalls with bigmen.com, Big Men's, Stout Men's shop in Boston Massachusetts In July of 2006. They no longer carried the item I desired in my size. Even though they had my email address, home telephone number and address, they did not contact me or advise me of the situation. Instead they decided of their own accord to make a substitution with an item I did not order and did not want. It took three phone calls to get return authorization. They signed as having received the returned package on August 28th, 2006. To date (October 24th, 2006) I have not received a credit or refund for this transaction despite repeated calls to the company. I have had several conversations with "Bob", who is rude and caustic, and whose advice is to just keep calling until I can reach Mrs. Green. Mrs. Green is never in, and I am beginning to doubt her existence since she never returns calls and is never at her desk or even in the building.

My experience with this company has been a nightmare, and I want nothing more than to get my money back and be quit of them forever. Can anyone help?

• Je
    jennyshadit May 18, 2015

Wished I would have read the comments before I ordered from them. At first when I called about my order they said that they ran out of his size and it is on back order. The next time they said they would ship them out within the week. Now they won't answer my calls and I can't contact them at all. Hate to say that my money is gone but looks like I bought into their scam. Can't anyone put a stop to them!!!

• Nu
    nutter7777 Mar 21, 2013

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY... SCAM. Received gift certificate from sister for Bigmen.com. Went online to order a pair of shoes. Online site has NO option for gift certificates. Called and got no answer many many times. Finally got through and ordered a pair of shoes with gift certificate and needed to use my credit card for the shipping. Sever weeks went by with no email confirming order. Called again many many times, finally got customer service to answer. Says they are having trouble ordering from manufacturer. Called again, and once again, had trouble getting them to answer the phone... they said had a death in the business. Yea right. Sister got through to them to cancel the gift cert. and get a refund. They said they would cancel with a refund... she has yet to receive said refund. I called 35 times yesterday to get my shipping cost refunded... they will NOT answer the phone. I think this ;company' is operating out somebody garage with no inventory. I'm probably out of my shipping and hold little hope of my sister's $100 refund. I think they are thieves.

Beware,
    John

• Ni
    Nikki Jo Feb 14, 2013

I placed an order on the 29 of january and have gotten no feedback since. When I try to call the numbers on the website I always get a busy signal. For those who have had good experiences please help.

• Hb
    H.Bertram Nov 24, 2011

I have the same experience, made an big order and got a mail same day that they soon will ship my order. 2 weeks went and itried to contact them on mail and phone. No answer. Now i got my creditcardbill but no clothes. WATCH OUT TEY ARE THIEVES

Mat72 Oct 13, 2011

Same here, placed a big order, and then no feedback. they took my money but refused to reply to any of my email. none of their phone numbers work.
    Stay away from them, they are thieves.

• Bu
    BurleyL May 09, 2011

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. I orderd a robe for my husband and like many others on this site I received a robe but it was NOT the one that I ordered. The sleeves were short and the quality was poor. I tried to call and got someone on the phone who stated that he was just there cleaning and I needed to call back and talke to "Bob". I called numerus time, sent several e-mails and no response. I sent the robe back and never received a refund. After waiting 3 months, I attempted to reach the retailor again with no response. Next I called the credit card company and had the charges reversed. I have a signed reciept of someone at the store receiving the package so the credit card company returned my money. The retailor had a chance to appeal the decision but had not ground to stand on.
    Find it hard to believe that anyone had a postive experience with this retailor. If there is anything to say that is postive it would be that the item that they sent did come in a timely manner; would have been nice to get my refund in a timely manner.

• Wi
    willyboy Apr 01, 2010

Best big and tall I have dealt with for selction and quality.I found the people more than helpful. I couldn't disagree more with the above complainer. You know I have been in customer service for about 20 years and you just can't please every body. This is my sixth order with bigmen.com and I have been most pleased with the service. I am always last minute and they always accommodate my fast shipping. This past order was a suit and a sportcoat which I needed to be delivered to me in three days as I was off to Europe on business and needed them altered. They arrived in two days and they hit the size on the nose for me. Their web page says they have been in business since 1946. No One lasts that long if they are not doing something right> We heavy folks are hard to fit . I don't envy them with all the sizes and shapes they have to deal with. I just wanted to write my opinion of what I believe to be a wonderful relationship with these folks. They have my business for as long as I stay fat.

• Di
    diane1951 Jun 24, 2009

my husband was in a boston hospital for 7 days and i could not get him fitted. the gentlemen from bigmen.com was kind enough to come after work to measure my husband for sweats, snekers etc for rehab. he did it on his own time. they are wonderful people. when i offered him some additional compensation he refused stating it was his pleasure to help us out under the circumstances. they are a wonderful and thoughtful company to deal with. my thanks to all of them. they could not be more accomodating!!

• Po
    poptones May 19, 2009

I suspect the two positive comments above are shills as I have had the WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER with them and after looking deeper have found this to be typical of them as far back as 2004!

People like these are the reason the economy sucks. Better to wear potato sacks than to trust these folks with your money.

• Yo
    yona May 17, 2009

I had a wonderful experience with this company. Very responsive in delivering my clothing on time and my size is not easy as I am 6 foot 9 and am a double extra long. They were very helpful and professional. Big and Tall sizes are not easy to get or fit in this economic environment. i am glad they are there and will use them again as I already have.

check1two Jan 09, 2009

Do not waste your money. They never send the clothing and then tell you they will refund the money. Well, its been a year and still no refund. And better yet, they've stopped responding to my concerns. Save your money these guys are a scam

• Ta
    TAMYRA BACCHUS Jul 14, 2008

I order two suits the first week of JUNE; and was told I would have the items by the 14th. Well I received the suits on the 19th.OK, there was a small problem with the alterations, I called spoke to Gary who advised me to write a note stating size and lenght ;including money for cost of alteration. This was on the 20th. I received the suits on the 12th of july and no alteration was done to the pants .I called and spoke to MRS. GREEN who was very helpful and assured me that it wouldn't take a month to get the order right .But if you look at it from start to finish its two months.
    YOU GO MRS. GREENE TELL GARY I SAID HELLO.