Bidcactus.comBAD business practice/Misleading auction site/Scam

S

The website is a scam. The auction time will increase indefinitely until everyone stops bidding; however, they have people that will keep bidding on it to ensure that 1 legitimate person who is genuinely interested in the auction until they've spent hundreds of dollars on the product. This auction site is highly unethical and practices unthwarted business methods. DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS SITE! YOU WILL BE GIVING MONEY TO THEM. At some point, I see a class action lawsuit in their future.

• Su
    summerset Jan 28, 2010

Listen up people when u get involved with a company that makes things seem intriguing, you can go bankrupt
    By there misleading cards value, which are not like everyone else says that by the time if you win you would use most all your bids, pay for item then shipping etc, by the time you are done which isnt to long time you are done with what u bought and thinking would win. Now then like others state, several same screen names on multiple items, bidding to jack up costs, while most are losing on bids, this is not regulated and you will never know how to go against a computer generated plan, when u rehit to play going going gone etc, and hit key most times it lets u
    Go to another level and extgend play but i played this and wasnt allowed to keep playing cas it gave its computer generated system name the win. While u sit here and lose. All your money, cancel your account and move on away with these people and company arrest them for fraud, embezzlement, of peoples funds, misleads concepts
    You going to win no way catch u later i am real f - word pissed off here, and will call attorney genreal to have them shut down

• Dm
    D. Marie Jan 29, 2010

I am just horrified that this is going on and no-one can do anything about it? I have been getting 14.99 debited from my account for a couple months now, and I also thought by calling the 1-800 number, this would stop. However, my account was charged again! I am beside myself on how many people have been scammed, and I feel completely helpless. I am a single mother of three, and cannot even afford 1.00 a month much less $14.oo. Help!!!

• Er
    EricJohnson Feb 19, 2010

Fed up of the bidding for the product and losing it every time? Now, there is no need to bid and lose your money. A new site with a unique concept is coming soon where bidders don’t bid against each other, but use their collective power to bring the price down and buy a product they want at unbelievable prices. More bidders, less prices. You have to buy time, not the bids. Buy the enough time slots and enjoy shopping.

taken by pennyauctionwatch Feb 19, 2010

Penny Auction Watch is now putting up multiple zombie websites all saying the same thing, listing there scam penny auctions as legitamite ones, don't be fooled, Penny Auction Watch Is trying to tell us bidders, which websites to go to, by constantly putting up worthless zombie websites that say nothing but promote websites controlled by them, Penny Auction Watch uses a generic name and a list of there websites and a picture, these Zombie scam self promotion websites have no purpose but to promote scam penny auctions owned by the people behind penny auction watch, I guess they think that by putting up 50 zombie websites saying there penny auctions are the best people will believe them. http://pennyauctions.biz/ is a scam site put up by penny auction watch to promote and further reinforce what they've been saying on there site, "propping" and "promoting" there penny auctions, www.bid2loot.com another zombie website setup by penny auction watch to promote there penny auction websites and more zombie websites to follow i'm sure in short succesion

taken by pennyauctionwatch Feb 20, 2010

Penny Auction Watch: Interview with BidBanditAuctions.com | Facebook SCAM
    Penny Auction Watch wrote a note titled Interview with BidBanditAuctions.com. Read the full text here.
    www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=248150876267 - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED WEBSITE FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PAW PROMOTES BID BANDIT ON FACE BOOK THIS IS A SCAM, PENNY AUCTION WATCH OWNS THESE COMPANIES THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS
    PENNY AUCTION WATCH HAS BUILT AN ARMY OF WEBSITES TO RIP OFF ANYBODY LOOKING FOR PENNY AUCTIONS

Interview with Bidazzled.com SCAM
    Dec 7, 2009 ... Readers have been telling us that they've won & received items from recently opened penny auction Bidazzled. Bidazzled is running a special ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED WEBSITE Bidazzled.com SCAM PAW APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM IS A SCAM THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS

New Penny Auction: BargainsandFun.com SCAM
    Jan 5, 2010 ... We recently interviewed the owner of the new penny auction site Bargainsandfun.com. He tells us that he has removed all instances of bots ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

PENNY AUCTION WATCH PROMOTES BargainsandFun.com A SCAM, ANOTHER ONE OF ITS BOT FILLED SHILL BIDDER FILLED WEBSITES ITS PAW APPROVED AND ITS COMPLETELY LEGIT, JUST ANOTHER WEBSITE FOR US TO GET RIPPED OFF ON THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS

BargainsandFun Needs Beta Testers — Penny Auction Watch
    Beta testers are needed on new penny auction site Bargainsandfun.com. They just posted to the forum (where all the fun stuff is at! ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/.../bargainsandfun-needs-beta-testers/ - Cached

BidRodeo SCAM Announces Rookie Auctions
    1 post - Last post: Aug 6, 2009
    Another great, legit penny auction site is Bid Rodeo. (Register here for 10 free bids with your first purchase!) ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2009/08/bidrodeo-beginner/ - Cached - Similar

BIDRODEO SCAM FILLED WEBSITE "PAW" APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNY AUCTION WATCH SAYS THERE COMPLETLY LEGIT THIS IS A SCAM AND PENNY AUCTION WATCH IS A TOTAL SCAM AND OWNS THIS COMPANY

You May Want to Try BidTrotter SCAM
    Aug 18, 2009 ... As a result of hearing that members of PAW have had good experiences with BidTrotter (*please if you don't mind, enter referring user name: ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2009/08/bidtrotter-auctions/ - Cached - Similar

BIDTROTTER IS "PAW" APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNYAUCTIONWATCH OWNS THIS COMPANY

HaloBids SCAM Opens January 7th — Penny Auction Watch
    1 post - Last post: Jan 5
    HaloBids.com has now officially opened, they sent us this message: Our pre-launch for the free Apple iPod touch went well. ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

"ANOTHER BIG GRAND OPENING FOR ALL OF US TO GET RIPPED OFF ON HaloBids BOUGHT TO YOU BY PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM GUARENTEED A SCAM BY PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM

PennyJersey SCAM Needs Beta Testers
    3 posts - 1 author - Last post: Jan 17
    New niche penny auction PennyJersey.com, a sports memorabilia & equipment bid-fee auction, is launching soon and they need 50 beta testers. ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

PENNYJERSEY SCAM NEEDS TO TEST HOW TO RIP PEOPLE OFF AND PENNYAUCTIONWATCH IS THERE TO ASSIST IN PROVIDING PEOPLE FOR THERE CON RIP OFF PENNYJERSEY IS A SCAM AND IS OWNED BY PENNY AUCTION WATCH.COM

PennyPlex SCAM - Penny Auction Watch Forum
    PennyPlex Penny Auction Site Reviews. ... Junior Member. Join Date: Dec 2009. Posts: 13. Reputation: 10. Pennyplex is on a distinguished road ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786 - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED SCAM WEBSITE FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON
    PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM HAS BUILT AN ARMY OF WEBSITES TO RIP OFF ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A PENNY AUCTION

Are you serious?!

lie 2 (l)
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
    v. lied, ly·ing (lng), lies
    v.intr.
    1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
    -http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lie

Allow me to say it again, I do not and have not owned any penny auction website. Your claims are not only false but utterly ridiculous. You can say all of those sites are mine if you'd like, but the truth is they're not. I started PAW in May of 2009, the other sites were made by other people.

pennyauctionwatch.com Feb 20, 2010

*I meant to add to the last sentence: in regards to bid2loot and pennyauctions.biz, those are not my sites!

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel

• Ba
    bargainsandfun.com Feb 20, 2010

I am not affiliated with pennyauctionwatch.com and have no stake in it. I own bargainsandfun.com which is listed in the directory there. But so are allot of other PA websites.

My site is not a scam and all winners have gotten every item they have won.

My site does not incorporate shills or bots - if It did auctions would go allot higher. You think an auction for a giftcard that is worth $25 and closes at $.03 has shills -

Your a little slow so let me put this into perspective for you!

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH PAW - IT IS A DIRECTORY OF SITES THAT IS WHY I AM LISTED THERE - I DO NOT "CHEAT" MY CUSTOMERS OR USE ANY DECEPTIVE PRACTICES ON MY SITE.

Jeremiah J. Hobson

• St
    stewartfan Feb 20, 2010

You are totally off the wall with accusations, I am a member of PAW, I have learned so much by being a member there. I have also leaned of places to bid and not to bid. You need to get your facts straight before posting such nonsense . I have won on a couple of those sites and Penny Jersey is the best for me not only have I gotten all of my wins in record time but he has the very best customer service I have seen !!!So you need to back off of PAW as they have helped many people and will continue to help. Sounds to me like you are a scammer trying to run people away from a site that really has been helpful in keeping people from loosing money !!!
    Stewartfan!!!

• Ca
    caveninit Feb 20, 2010

I find it very strange that EVERY site you list as a "scam" are sites that I regularly win on! Not a single one of those sites are owned or affiliated with Penny Auction Watch. I have spoken to MANY of the owners of the sites you list...have you?? Simple really...email the owners and check their IP addresses. Check their company addresses. Check their Paypal account addresses. It's actually very EASY to find out who each owner is, and where they are located. ###. Do your homework before spouting such stupid nonsense!

taken by pennyauctionwatch Feb 20, 2010

WE ALL KNOW THAT BIDCACTUS IS A SCAM 100 PEOPLE CANT BE WRONG... BUT PENNY AUCTION WATCH THINKS SOMETHING DIFFERENT... PENNY AUCTION WATCH... A SCAM WATCHDOG SERVICE ...SUPPORTS...BIDCACTUS. THEY SUPPORT BIDCACTUS ON THE HOME PAGE AND HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THEM THOUGHOUT THERE SCAM...DONT GET RIPPED OFF BY PENNY AUCTION WATCH.COM

"& Terbie62’s: “I ran across an ad for bidcactus one day, and after watching items sell so cheap, I decided to give it a try. I won several items, and decided to do a search of penny auction sites. I joined several, and through the year, won many great items, and am still ahead in the game. I keep track of money spent on bids on each item, bids placed on auctions not won, etc. I have narrowed down my list of sites, doing away with the ones I can not win on. I was able to give all 6 of my grown children, and their spouses some really nice gifts for Christmas, and am working on gifts for this year. They are a fun and exciting way to shop. I love the thrill I get when the timer runs out, and I am the winner! It is awesome. PAW helped me to narrow down the field, and choose the honest sites. Thank you PAW!” DONT BELEIVE ANYTHING THESE PEOPLE SAY

pennyauctionwatch.com Feb 20, 2010

What do you think about BidsTick.com, "taken" that one must be legit, right?

pennyauctionwatch.com Feb 20, 2010

Your post is utterly ridiculous that was a legitimate entry to our giveaway by a real user who I do not even know.

• Ms
    MsCardinal Mar 05, 2010

I was a member of BidCactus for a few months, and I must say, I did win a few items on that site. In the past 2 months I won a few more gift cards and when I called to find out when I would receive the cards they told me that the cards were sent UPS and that they were delivered to my apartment. When I told them I never received the cards they responded that UPS had given the package to a young boy at my apartment. When I told them I don't have a young boy at my apartment. They responded that they will give me the tracking number and I can complain to UPS. I felt that if I pay for the high price shipping it should be BidCactus responsibility to make sure the packages are put into the right hands. As of this day I still haven't received the 5 gift cards they said they sent to me. The times that I did receive my gift cards, they were just laid outside my door, for anyone in the apartment building to pick up and walk off. One of the packages I found out in the middle of the parking lot, where the wind had blown it from my front door. When Bid Cactus gets your money they don't care if you receive your package in the correct manner or not. Why should they care, they have their money... I am home all day long to receive any package that is delivered but UPS don't even knock to hand it to you personally. Those gift cards that I have been waiting for was won in January and it is now March and still haven't received them. I have called several times and the attitude they give you is very un-professional. The only thing they can tell you is that the cards have been sent and is now out of their hands. I feel they are a very poor business and the staff is very irrogrant. I had referred several family members and friends to the site and they now are leaving the site due to the attitude of the staff and not receiving the gift cards they have won. If BidCactus doesn't care then why should you spend your money on bidding on the items they have. I am now a member of BidSauce.com and they have been great so far.

• Ri
    rippedoffinredlion Mar 05, 2010

I agree with the above complaints I studied this sight for over a month and watched what things went for alot of bids and what did not. I purchased bids and as soon as I started bidding gift cards that were only going for .50 or less mysteriously now bid up to over $3!! as soon as I stopped bidding the auction finished with the person I was bidding against winning. I did this 3 times thinking it was bad luck until I realized I was just being scammed. If the bids are infact real this company would be making $300 off a $50 gift card. I watched a video that was suppose to be a real winner however, when he faked that he couldn't spell the company name a whole room full of people started laughing. If that was a regular person you wouldn't be hearing a whole room full of people laughing. Clearly a scam stay away from this sight!!!

• Aj
    ajrosner68 Mar 10, 2010

To MsCardinal:
    If you got a tracking number, you should easily contact UPS and find out what happened to the cards. If they provide you a tracking number, it is technically out of their hands. They cannot be responsible for UPS. The Postal service drops things off at the wrong house all the time. I work for UPS, and you should contact them to get a better tracking of where they delivered it, who signed for it... etc.

Good luck on your efforts.

• Aj
    ajrosner68 Mar 10, 2010

To Taken:
    Your drivel is getting old. Get over your sorry @$$ who couldn't win on a PennyAuction that you saw on PAW. Nowhere does an endorsement, interview, by PAW or its members will guarantee that you will win. What will help, is if you read a lot of the posts from successful bidders and learn from their experiences before you put your money down. I lost the first few times I played, but I didn't just keep throwing good money after bad. It's called restraint. After visiting PAW, I was able to learn more about recognizing bidding pattern of other bidders; check history of past auction prices and winners on a site. These will go a long way to know which auctions to jump into and which to stay away from.

• Pa
    PAW FAN Mar 19, 2010

As a member of PAW I have to say that I laughed so hard at the paranoia of the writer complaining about Penny Auction Watch. Where on earth did you get such crazy information?

Chrissy ...Proud PAWer

• Ga
    gabyinca Mar 23, 2010

I haven't had any luck with bidsauce, I've won a gift card in January 4th and they sent me a wrong tracking number, I called them twice and I only got the answering machine, they never called me back, I opened a ticket, I emailed them, etc it's almost April and no answer yet.
    My next step is complaint to the Better Business Bureau If you want to file a complaint I would be all for it because after reading a lot of posts on Bidsauce they don't respond to customer service problems 99% of the time.

• Po
    poemasconvoz Mar 25, 2010

Cant believe this website aution scam.
    Every bid cost 75 cents .The clock on the biding changes
    at the last minute.It seem to never end until they make double the amount of money.My guess is that they have there own employees biding. Its a total rip off.

Do not fall for this scam. Its not transparent .
    A real bid should end when the clock reaches 0 .
    In this scam the clock starts a the last senconds and starts again and again and again it ends when they are finished riping off their custumers. They should all go to jail.

AndJustice4All? Mar 31, 2010

It is possible BidCactus and BidSauce are sister sites. They look a great deal and the complaints against both sites are pretty alike. I won some auctions on BidSauce and never received my items. Their customer service never responded to my e-mails. That is why I am posting here.

If you had good luck with these sites, then God Bless and have a blast bidding.

But if you didn't receive your merchandise and cannot resolve the issue, you need to complaint to the appropriate state and federal agencies, as well as to the BBB.

Good luck all.

Peggy Pirtle Jul 02, 2010

To all those who feel they have been "ripped off" by Bidcactus and feel they are a scam auction site, I felt like this when I first started bidding with Bidcactus, and I addressed my concerns to them and they assured me, everything was up and up with their auctions and so, I didn't give up and I certainly did not rush to post negative comments. What I did do, was take time to observe the auctions of interest before ever placing a single bid and doing this allowed me to see who the "power bidders" are for that particuar auction), and what I would be up against. Watching auctions can alert you to the personality of the bidder and how they bid, meaning are they conservative in placing bids, or do they bid as if they have unlimited amount of bids and not concerned with how many bids they use just as long as they win. I would recommend staying out of auctions when come across someone who bids this way., unless of course you too, have no worry for bids spent/purchased. It is wise & important to "set your limitation in re to how much money you are willing to invest prior to auctions" and once set, important to stick to them otherwise you can end up spending your whole paycheck, and or get into debt very quickly. I speak from experience and will not ever go there again... LOL! and will go hungry for the next week, LOL!

I learned a great deal from watching other users bid and now can enter auctions feeling confident knowing who and what I am up against and what it will take to secure the win. So getting back to my main reason for posting this comment, I wish to stand up for BIDCACTUS and say, all of your negative comments as validated as you feel they are, you all are mistaken in saying BIDCACTUS is a scam! I know for a fact they are not and have been very successful in winning a great many auctions at BIDCACTUS, from several HDTV'S, to SLR DIGITAL CAMERAS/ BOSE MUSIC SYSTEMS/ Too Many GIFT CARDS, to mention/ BINOCULARS/ TELESCOPES/ WII CONSOLES/ NINTENDO DS LITE & DSi/ NOKIA UNLOCKED CELL PHONES/ and so many more items. I'm not at all bragging but sharing with you. If I am able to win all these things at my age of 79 years old, YOU CAN ALSO WIN ! Be patient, OBSERVE auctions several minutes before placing a bid, know who you are bidding against and their style in bidding. Remember many will attempt to run you out of auctions with BID INTIMIDATION, don't let them! Sometimes you need to spend a little money to show them, you will not be run out of any auction and you are someone to reckon with, as well! I did this for myself and it has rewarded me well. Many users have become very greedy and bid in these auctions to win merchandise they can sell for profit and for many has become a second income. You can tell those users who sell for profit by observing the type of auctions they bid for (usually anything "high-end" and of value, going for the same items over and over. Also, do not ever allow yourself to be drawn into any "Bid Wars" with any user, you can find yourself in debt over night, if your ego gets the better of you. After sometime bidding in auctions you will have gained enough experience that you will know when not to challenge another user, when to bail out of an auction and cut your losses when someone suddenly jumps in and takes control of the auction and top spot from you, and will drive auction prices high until you give up, "GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL LIKE YOURSELF"! LOL... You will know when you are up against concrete, LOL ! It's easy to keep clicking that bid button and easy to forget how much you are spending, because your ego has run away with your common sense and wallet. You will also, run into bidders on BIDCACTUS, that if you have placed bids on a few auctions and decide to place a bid on a user, who feels he/she has made claim to it already, he/she will immediately place bids on all your auctions to send you the message, lay off his/her auction wanting. This immature behavior will continue unless you stop placing bids in his auction and you will waste your bids by replacing your bids on all auctions he has placed higher bids on just to pist you off & give warning. Don't bother going back to place a higher bid on those auctions, just continue bidding in his/her auction bidding if that is what you want. You have every right to bid and no one user has claim to any auction just because they placed the first initial bid, that's BS! Wait let the auction get underway, see who all bidders are and who's doing what, then when you see the auction slowing down then make your move and start placing bids. IMPORTANT, bid respectfully at all times, becoming like those who have become greedy and have allow their ego's to become bigger than themselves.
    You can win some really nice merchandise for Penny's, but LUCK plays a big role! I have won several $100 Am. Exp. Gift Cards for under $1.00 and recently won (1) $100 Walmart Gft Cd for "TWO" bids only! So yes, it's true...

BIDCACTUS IS LEGIT PEOPLE!! Stop bad mouthing them and stop posting negative comments, you are not being fair. Give them an opportunity to address whatever your concerns maybe, share your feelings and give your opinions. BIDCACTUS, will not give you excuses, or tell you lies, but will work with you to resolve your issues, they did with me and I am very pleased with this Penny Auction site and if you give yourself a chance to learn from observing and losing as well, you will in time become "seasoned bidders", and "newbies" will be saying the same you are and maybe you, being a "POWER BIDDER"...

Goodluck and hope my posting has not offended anyone, for I wish you all the feeling of excitement when having won your "first auction"... I remember jumping up from the chair and saying, YES! Finally... LOL

If anyone would like me to provide them with proof of all merchandise won, I will be more than happy. You have any questions or need some tips, I am not selfish... LOL Just send me an email: [email protected] and please, no negative emails okay ... :O)

Aloha, you all!

• Va
    Vacation4Pennies Aug 07, 2010

Vacationforpennies need BETA TESTERS. Real item GIVEAWAY!

We finally have our site 90% done at: www.vacation4pennies.com and we need BETA testers. We will be giving out REAL items at no cost on September 1 so just look up our site and press the BETA TESTER button to participate.

Before anyone even asks. YES WE WILL BE GIVING out real prizes on September 1st including a mini-cruise and an iPad. We will not just be giving away $10.00 items. I expect us to go for several thousand dollars that day in giveaways and I expect to have at least 300 Beta testers since we are being very generous in our giveaways. Provided that there are not any foreseen bugs, we will officially launch September 23rd.

Come one - come all

www.vacation4pennies.com

• Bi
    Bidpenny Sep 26, 2010

I suggest that you watch the site and the auctions for some time to determine if the site uses bots. Learn more about penny auction sites and where to shop at my blog:

Feel free to visit,

Bid Penny

Comments

• Pl
    Placentar Oct 11, 2010

So I think I have it figured out if you want to use this site keep a close eye on obvious repeat names. Watch these names they drive the price up so that bid cactus can make money. However, if the bid goes off under the profitable mark then the bot will win and you can verify this by looking at recent wins and do the math and repeat winners typically win only if it's under this profit margin. This is very cleaver I am watching a 375 bid pack and *unrelenting* has countered every offer since the bidding started. Currently at 3.75, but half of these bids are *unrelenting* so that means bid cactus has bid 135 times for itself. Now in order to win you have to wait it out until the bid minus about half is over the profitable margin. For example (and you watch, before you buy) a $50 gift card is worth 66 bids, now if it is below this you will see the same name winning it. Don't get me wrong they are smart about rotating names. However, I watched nmk6322 continue to bid eventhough they had already won 3 in 24 hours which by their rules you can't win another one for 24 hours so why would this person bid just to not win. Now the interesting thing is this nmk6322 never won again, but was able to force prices up to make a profit and when it looked like he would win another name stepped in *gmann7282* to ensure anyone paying attention wouldn't catch on by reviewing current wins. Anyway if you want to win you must wait until the bids divided by at least 2 equal more than the product is worth and believe me I'm not the only one to figure this out and this is where the true bidding war begins between humans. Personally after wasting $36 I would never do this, if you feel you must at least watch for a day or two then go after it.

• Ro
    Roggy Jan 26, 2011

I hope you guys all know that this site, bidcactus, is affiliated with Jumbocloseouts.com, which is another penny auction site that scammed a lot of people out of their money. They are currently in the process of being shut down.., yay! Read all the scam reviews on jumbocloseouts.com and see all the similarities that bidcactus.com has in common. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED, SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE OR YOU WILL GET BURNED!!

• Ju
    junkyarddog Feb 07, 2011

This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
    To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
    For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as "FACEBOOK" and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.
    I call it their, "Fake Social Environment" where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to be perceived as an honest and fair auction. For EX they will say, "I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!"

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)

Margove Feb 20, 2011

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! Please do not waste your money and time on this auction site. Chances are extremely slim that you will win any bid. Paying 75 cents to click and bid each time will drain your bank account and you won't have anything to show for it! I wish I had read the other complaints about Bidcactus, cause it seems there are suspicions that the bidders may be computer generated. If that's so, you most definitely won't win any bids.

• Fo
    Folote Jan 18, 2012

Stay away from bidcactus. they are crooks, scams, and will take your money and you will get nothing. ppl need to be protected from cons like them. bidcactus is a huge scam. stay away! overwhelming odds are you will lose your money and get zero in return, let alone win anything. I really think this is online gambling in disguise and that any postive posts is their staff or friends. They go to great lengths to give themselves the appearance of legitimacy. Its a scam. On the web, you can't get any info on the owners of the firm - not surprising.. Stay away from bidcactus- you wil lose your money, and not get it back, You will speak with a rude customer service person who will explain how you missed something in the fine print, and its your fault and you're stupid. FYI, There is a class action suit against them in Connecticut. Go look it up "mendelsohn vs. bidcactus", filed by motley rice. dont let bidcactus con you, take your money, and get you to become a gambler. this is a gambling website - no similarity to ebay- and the odds are stacked against you. Don't be fooled by their fake reviews - and they encourage, incentivize/ reward their gamblers, i mean customers- to promote them, and lure in more victims. Keep your money- if it looks too good to be true- it is.

• In
    Inubus Apr 25, 2012

I'm not a BidCactus member or use the site. However, I so use Dibzees.com. I'm often puzzled that people who are capable of researching lawsuits on the web, aren't capable of understanding how most penny auction sites work. You pay for bids for the right to participate in site auctions, THAT'S IT. People who complain because they didn't win and subsequently holler "I was scammed" because they didn't "get anything for their money" are idiots. You invested your money in the right to participate, that's it folks. You are guaranteed nothing else. I've also seen many an auction where bidders don't have the first clue that they've spent more money in a bidding war for bragging rights than what the actual item costs. On top of that, then they have to pay for the item they've won, along with most likely inflated shipping charges. It's frustrating, but the stupidity of the consumer isn't the respective sites fault. The business model of a reverse auction preys on that and it's left to the consumer to understand fully what they are getting themselves involved in.
    If you win something and don't get your product or it's used, or otherwise not as advertised, THEN you've been scammed by one of these sites. Otherwise, do your research before you join, understand the concept of how the auctions run and above all, be ABLE TO DO BASIC MATH so you know how to calculate when the auction has reached a point where it's no longer a "DEAL".

• Bo
    Borkes May 02, 2012

Watch out if some ad or anything directs you to this website. They will still your money at all cost!! Even if you were not the one authorizing the purchase. And do not trust you 17 yr- old old or disable child fall for this scam. It cost me almost $100 dollars of absolute nothing and a lot of aggravation. I just authorized her and trusted my child to purchase her prom dress. And they are out of their mind if I filed criminal charges since they refuse to refund my money. I feel they have paying employees constantly bidding, just look carefully at the alleged customers bidding and times and you would realized their bank account must be wipe out so fast. It is just a $#@! website and you will never get a resolution through their web site or phone by Heather Rodriguez or Manager "KIp" and "busy and unknown" Director.

• Pl
    Pluvae May 08, 2012

The marketing you can see below... $2 to buy a $50 card. Not true however. It's a penny auction so the value the card sells for in now way represents the cost to the winner. Each bid they place on the auction actually costs them approximately $.70. Additionally, the site makes money off everyone who bids on an item whether they win or not, since you have to pay for your bids up front. Even more sinister are the auctions they hold to get more bids. Clever Yes - Good value? Absolutely not.

• Da
    Dalier May 21, 2012

Well, to start with - they have all cheapy products. On top of that, they do not even have buy it now option on auctions. All in all, they simply boost about their so called 'certifications' and take your money. Penny auctions are hard to trust. I've won 2 items on bidhere.com, and they delivered it, but I am still very careful of penny auctions. Sites like bidhere.com at least have buy it now on all auctions, thats a deal maker for me, personally.

• Pi
    Pitanune Jun 08, 2012

Please don't get caught in this TRAP! Hidden charges, bidding bots and paid bidders are RAMPANT! I watched this site for a few days and it is impossible for you to win items at a reasonable price. The company's bidders usually win the auction, so technically they sell the same item over and over again I observed an auction where someone paid over retail price for an iPhone 4s. Why would anyone do that? Beware of anyone with a user name that sounds daunting, or that has Capital letters in it. These are computer generated bidders, which will rob you blind.

• Gi
    Gina2012 Jun 09, 2012

Hi there,
    I totally agree with Dailer.
    Bidcuctus takes your money and act all up their bums way too much.
    They act all big and talk about their 'certifications' and nothing real to show for.
    They think they are bigger than ebay!!!

Support is rude, products are cheapy and super cheapy.
    They have no buy now (yet they boost it on their banner!).

For me, I am happy with www.bidhere.com.
    I've won 3 products so far on bidhere.com
    --> Samsung Galaxy II for $46.29 after placing 236 bids.
    --> $100 Target Gift card for $0.20 after placing 3 bids.
    --> Acer Tablet for $3.87 after placing 41 bids.

I bought bids during their promotion and got 50% extra bids for free. So really these products are essentially free for me!
    They delivered Samsung smart phone and Acer tablet within 7 days of me winning it.
    I am waiting on Target gift cards, it has been 12 days since I won it, but they state up to 21 days for delivery anyway.

My advise to fellow bidders:
    -- if you are a gambler - go bid on www.bidcactus.com -- because if you lose, you lose. You do not get to buy the item.
    -- If you are smart shopper -- go on www.bidhere.com -- if you lose, you can use your bids towards purchase of the item (placed bids are discounted towards retail price there).

I hope my story helps some people make smart choice.

• Pa
    Parmer Jul 09, 2012

Scam, fake, ploy... call it what you want but its a company that uses auto bots (no not transformers) to jack up bid prices. To see what it was about, I bought a $79 bid package that allowed me over 100 bids. as I watched what was happening, people were bidding 50 times to win a 10 bidpack. that is to say, in order for someone to win 10 free bids, they placed over 50. im not that bright but can see the scam within the first 5 mins of bidding.

wseichman is one auto bot I watched for about an hour. from a rough estimate of the history in one hour "it" placed over 400 bids to win less than 100 free bids.

seeing BBB listed on the home page is misleading but then again, in todays world we teach kids to rob and steal for what they want if they want to get ahead. so this site is about par... so sad.

they got me for $79 because I thought it would be legit seeing it on the news. I should know better nowadays.

Any1 Jul 23, 2012

So far I've read a lot about people who don't understand how the process works. I know of a couple people who have won a lot of items and they received them in the past. The last four months not so. They haven't shipped multiple IPhones and other misc items in over four months. I think it is time to stay clear of Bidcactus. I believe they are going to shut down soon. Running specials to get you to buy more bids and not shipping items is a clear sign to me.

• Lo
    Lomnake Aug 13, 2012

I wanted to try this website out after seeing an ad for this. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I thought I would check it out. It asked for my credit card info and while I was a little hesitant to give, I thought maybe you paid for the bids as you went. At NO time did it tell me that I was being charged $79 for these bids or I would have never purchased (of course bidcactus said it did, but if it did, then it very deceptively did not make this clear). So, I played around using some bids and then I saw an email stating that I was charged $79. I immediately stopped using the bids and tried calling bidcactus for a refund and to explain that it was not clear that I was being charged this $. Well, it was after business hours, so I ended up emailing my concerns. First thing on Monday morning, I got a response saying that I would be refunded $75.84. Not exactly what I paid, but close enough and I didn't feel like arguing over a few dollars. So, a couple months later, I realize that this $ was NEVER refunded! So, I sent another email explaining this situation. I was then emailed back and told that the $75.84 refund that was obliged to me was actually a mistaken email and I would only be eligible for a refund on my unused bids which would be approx $49 instead of $79. When I tried explaining that I was new to the site and didn't realize I was being charged this $79 to begin with and was under the impression that I was being refunded $75.84 all of this time, etc, etc. It didn't matter. I spoke to two supervisors, both who were EXTREMELY rude. One of the supervisors actually asked me why did it take me so long to discover that I never received the refund. Um..why didn't you ever give me the refund is the question that should be asked!! And further, let's just say for the sake of argument that I made a mistake and didn't see that it said I was being charged $79..why is it that I must be accountable for my mistake, but they are not accountable for theirs when they said they would be refunding me $75.84 and then never did.

I am just not used to this sort of customer service. I am used to companies that give their customers the benefit of the doubt and do their best to make the customer feel satisfied. Instead, I was treated rudely and made to feel defensive about why I didn't catch THEIR mistake earlier. It was really a joke! Now I see why there are so many complaints about this site. Buyer BEWARE! And I will be posting and blogging on every social media site and review website that I can find. So, I hope them keeping my $30 was worth it to them..now it is about more than the $, it is about the principle of how I was treated. Unacceptable.

• Ti
    Timdelle Aug 20, 2012

I was told by a craigslist seller that they buy IPADs on this site all the time. They made it sound real easy. I saw the same names winning auction after auction and I also saw bidders put in more bids than the items was even worth. For example, one bidder tonight, put in many more bids than 250 in order to try to win a bid package for 250 bids. It makes no sense. I am convinced that someone for the company is driving up prices and I am also convinced that the "girl" I spoke to on Craigslist that directed me to this site was in cahoots with this company as well. I don't think she ever was selling an IPAD. I think it's all been one big casino game. And baby, I just lost! Don't expect to win here. If something seems a little too easy, that's your first sign that it's a rotten apple.