Having problems with BidCactus ?

BidCactus Customer Service Contacts

191 Post Rd W
Westport, Connecticut
United States - 06880-4625

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BidCactus Customer Service. Initial BidCactus complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BidCactus above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BidCactus . Discuss the issues you have had with BidCactus and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

BidcactusStole my money

I have ordered something from BidCactus website and they never deliver my order and stole my money. I was in contact with them for a long time but there was nothing I could do. They said I'll get my money back but were not sure how long will it take. They gave me nothing but empty promises and asked me to be more patient. Several weeks later they went out of business with all my money. I tried to contact the new owners but they said that they are not responsible for what BidCactus did.

BidcactusProducts not received

I purchased bids to win items at this auction.Have not received any items nor have I received the refund in which this company stated they would after I complained and demanded a refund through Paypal. This was during the 45 day time period in which paypal will give you a refund..After that I decided to call and Jamie and Kip both were emailing me saying they had a back log of orders.That my items will be sent. However when I tried calling the "customer service" line wasn't even available in the morning between the hours they said would be open. I wish I can take them to court or something lost over $500.00 and haven't received one item I purchased.

Diana M 56 Mar 05, 2014

.They finally closed their doors still owing thousands of items people have paid for and not received yet. I have been watching them since Dec 2013 and they literally have had over one thousand auctions listed and bidders paid their wins and Bidcactus gladly took knowing they are not going to fulfill the orders.

Diana M 56 Mar 05, 2014

I am also waiting for my items I won. They finally closed their doors still owing thousands of items people have paid for and not received yet. I have been watching them since Jan and they literally have had over one thousand auctions listed and bidders paid their wins with Bidcactus gladly took knowing they are not going to fulfill the orders.

Bidcactus.com — Online SCAMS

On 12/2/2013 21:19 PST I filed the claimed disputed the transaction via "PayPal Resolution Center" after I...

Bidcactus — ripped off

It started by I answered an ad on Criagslist for a Apple 4gs cell phone. My wife also answered the ad and got...

BidcactusScammers

hi i used quibids and i got totally ripped off i bid then when there is 1 sec on the countdown clock i get outbid by 7 cents by the same user who won other items i think they use auto bidding bots i would like to be included in the class action agains bid cactus and quibids

• Gr
          greasejunky Nov 29, 2012

BIDCACTUS is set up so that they automatically take your money from the start. Items that are won are not honored and shipped out and items that are purchased never reach their destination. Your account is charged and on many occasions it states your acount or purchase was declined, yet the charges are still posted to your account. They are just another scam set up to screw people out of their hard earned money, knowing that most common people are desperate and weak and unable to control the their abilities to see truth behind these scams. The only people who win these prizes are people with more than enough money to blow and private companies looking to stock their shelves.
          If you do try this site please only go for the little gift cards and bidpacks because you will absolutely lose to the higher money bids. And do yourself a big favor and do not purchase any other merchandise outright, like "You didn't win the LOWES gift card but you can purchase it for the amount won!!" thats a bunch of SH!!!t because I never received my multiple gift cards I purchsed for Christmas gifts and they told me over and over again..."We're sorry, we are so backed up that we don't forsee shipment for several weeks". Sorry? You are a company providing services to the comunity for a fee!!! You can't just take peoples money, not deliver then just say sorry!!! Please people, keep away from this site. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Ray G.

• Ka
          Kathy T. Smith Jan 12, 2012

I'm so wary of posting anything in cyber space after using these sites, I am not comfortable posting personal information here. I haven't investigated YOU yet. QuiBids, DealFun, BidRival, BidCactus, and Nomorerack are the worst of the worst. Products received were inferior, broken, damaged. S & H WAS NOT reimbursed. I have actually had to close my PayPal Account and my USAA MasterCard due to 'hacking' of my personal data, and receiving multiple items I didn't order.

• Ka
          Kathy T. Smith Jan 12, 2012

Your comment reads "..let us know.." regarding a class action lawsuit. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, GA and was ripped off by QuiBids, BidCactus, etc... I had NEVER done anything like this before, got bored one night, and then got "HAD". I have a legal background a should have known better. All of these sites should be shut down. How, who, does a consumer contact re: class action suit? I'm more interested in SHUTTING the companies down than getting my monies back.

BidcactusBad and has good reviews on www.Pennyauctionwatch.com

So i signed up as others on here and bought a bid pack for $37.50 and started on my bidding. So after about 45 minutes i had lost the bids on this pennyauction site. I am not sure if I was doing it wrong but I liked it. So I bought another bid cactus bundle and this time a 100 bids. Well an hour later I lost this money, except I won a 30 dollar item. So I decided to learn and watch and the more I learned and watched I wondered if this was real, Was this site doing bots or shillbiders, Which I learned about on www.pennyauctionwatch.com ... So I decided to research Penny auctions and read on penny auction watch and saw lots of companies that are so called doing this.

So I decided to bid on the small items and went and bought more bids and began bidding on bid packs, which i was successful, but hit my limit. So I Waited a day and started again and won nothing but another bid pack. Now I have spent hours hours over the past 3 weeks reading up on this stuff and again when I found more information on www.pennyauctionwatch.com about other sites It got me wondering. I see Bidcactus on there being advertised so they must be good right? You would think so if they are on penny auction watch.

Why I am losing so much on bidcactus why is it that I can only win bidpacks and yet on Penny Auction watch it says that they can be trusted or at least they advertise for them. Then I find this site and see hundreds of complaints and yet penny auction watch bad mouths so many other sites. Are they the same owners? What are they doing advertising for this site Why is there nothing on penny auction watch about bidcactus.com or about the complaints and they have so many complaints, Maybe bidcactus has bots or whatever they have going, but like others on this site, I cant win anything and I am in this over 400 bucks!!!

I don't recommend bidcactus and lost my trust and I don't trust penny auction watch either, I think they are the same, and after reading all the complaints and that they are Ernst and young rated, Hell I don't even know what that is, but penny auction watch and Bidcactus sure think it means something cause hundreds or thousands of people like me cant win S--T on this site, but yet they sure do promote them.

I gonna try some others and see what I get and go to penny auction watch and click on there ads for other companies and see what those sites have to offer. I hope its not the same, but i will look on complaints boards first before buying or trusting penny auction watch.

PS I WANT MY $400.00 back BIDCACTUS

Diana M 56 Mar 05, 2014

Just in case this didn't post the first two times I tried here it is again. Sorry if it shows up 3 times, I'm not trying to spam.
            I agree about PAW. I went there to look up BidCactus after being gone from there for about 4 years. I couldn't find a bad thing about BC so I did some bidding Nov, 2013 for a couple of weeks and then waited to see when I will get my items. Well as of today Mar. 5 2014 still nothing and BC is now closed.
            They finally closed their doors still owing thousands of items people have paid for and not received yet. I have been watching them since Dec and they literally have had over one thousand auctions listed and bidders paid their wins and Bidcactus gladly took knowing they are not going to fulfill the orders.

junkyarddog Feb 07, 2011

This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
            To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
            For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

Margaret Williams Jan 25, 2011

I lost 176.00 over about 3 bid sessions, I won 1 gift card but lost 176.00 above the amount of the gift card, saw same people winning over and over again and bidding endlessly. Its a scam, save your money.

Bid CactusAuction bid website

I was excited to try this auction site however, after spending $37.50 I only had 50 chances to play, that is if someone did not out bid me. Once that would happen the clock added 10 more seconds for someone else to out bid me or another. When someone would win, do they realize that it is not just costing them the final price but the cost of each bid placed at 75 each time

Example:
          I was biding on a $100.00 Gift card at Wal-Mart. A a few people were out biding me. The winning bid was $9.04 that is at a penny per hit, but at .75 X's 904, that is a total of $678.00.

So the auction site made $678.00 off of this bid from all people that bid and the losers have to pay and not get anything in return.

Another example with a you tube video

Here is a guy who won the bid on a toaster oven and paid $76.05, if he put in approx 200 bids out, (and that is probably low balling) 7605 bids placed that would be 150.00 If he purchase the item, it would cost $80.00 $100.00 he may have spent.

$ 150.00 Bid cost 200 X .75
          $ 76.05 Winning bid
          $ 24.90 S/H
          $ 250.95 More accurate total amount paid

The auction site made $5, 703.75 for toaster oven... Just think before spending

This is an auction site for people who have the extra money to throw away and all the time on they hands.

The Auction sites taking advantage of peoples hard earned money. I paid for and expensive class. To learn this lesson and to save people from falling into a trap. ESPECIALLY COMPULSIVE SPENDERS AND GAMBLERS.

• Da
              David Shelemba Apr 17, 2014

Hello. I want to know. If you can make bid cactus liable in delivering won items. They were paid for to. How can I retain those won items. Now bid cactus merged with Beezid. Beezid now has bid cactus bidders. Bid cactus said they were backlogged. They mailed me and said they were doing it manually. That was months ago. Could you investigate and let me know? I want the items I won and paid for. Thank you in advance...Regards David Shelemba

• Wh
              Whitey2012 Feb 21, 2014

I have used bid cactus in the past with no problems. A little slow on delivery of winnings, but I received them. The last time I used them I called and complained about the lateness of my items I won especially my IPAD mini. Several weeks later, I received my IPAD mini. Since then I have won or used the buy it now feature dating back to February 2013. To date they owe me (85) gift cards and a necklace for a total amount of 1, 805.00 just in gift cards. I called and was told that shipping was running behind, (ya think!) They would check with the shipping dept. and they would get back to me. Never received a call. Emailed, over and over and now they don't answer their phone during normal business hours. I am taking the next step legally to get them to pay up! I don't understand how they can be behind in their shipping when all they have on the site is bid packs. Every so often an item or gift card will show up for bid. Be very cautious using this site.

• La
              larry n Aug 21, 2013

I have waited over 8 months for delivery on items I won at auction. Company advises they will ship within 14 business days. Electronic products out of date. Lied to by customer service representative Kip A on about 5 occasions. I strongly urge consumers who have been ripped off like me to contact Connecticut Attorney General. Lets put these criminals out of business.

• Ha
              harkless Dec 28, 2010

WHEN I WENT ON TO THE BID CACTUS SITE, THEY HAD 3 DIFFERENT COMPANIES THAT THINK THEY ARE A TRUSTED SITE. ONE OF THEM WAS THE " BETTER BUSSINESS BUREA, " HOW CAN THAT BE?

• Ha
              harkless Dec 26, 2010

I never see my conplaint posted, why? I started off really likeing bid cactus, in 1 month i sent $340. 00 and never won a thing. I even picked one thing out and bid i bid over 22 times at the end of the auction, aand at the very last minute a name i never saw came up 2 times and they won the auction. I havewatched this site for hours, and i personally think it is a scam, i have 2 great friend and they have watched it too and they all think the same thing.

Thanks -
              Harkless

• Th
              thillai69 Feb 15, 2010

own employees may bid each other or automated make fool better bid on ebay really worth

• Pe
              peni123noble Feb 02, 2010

i bought 2 packs of bids and was charged for 3.Each time I bid instead of taking 1 bid they charged for 2...I am not sure who to contact as the number they give nobody answers the pone.This is really a big SCAM.I intend to pursue this with the AG or anyone I can..Perhaps Bill O'Reilly will nvestigate as he is for Honesty...
              I sure hope these people do not have children as they would have parents who have no values...

BidcactusLegitimacy/False advertising

Thank my gut instinct I only spent the minimum $22.50 for my first and last experience with the site. This site is completely false advertising, online gambling they should call it, NOT AN AUCTION. At .75 cents per bid add that up on a $100 gift card won for $10 say, good deal right. They just made $750 add it up.. For every dollar of bid amount that's $75, so every $10 is $750. THATS how they make their profits. I highly doubt their statement that they do not use bots. Anyways that's my opinion of the site, huge waste of money and time. Every last second someone else will bid up and add 15 seconds or so to the clock. This goes on endlessly yet one user kept winning over and over? Either that person is really lucky, bot, or paid friend of company worker spoof bidder..

Sep 30 2017 1 Bidpack 30 bids Delivered $22.50
            Subtotal: $22.50
            Shipping: $0.00
            Total: $22.50

• Go
                gogogirl1973 Mar 22, 2013

I just went on bidcactus and it automatically charged my credit card $79. I've been had:-( .now I'm broke...DONT TRY IT!!!.long story short- it was a scam and the money they charged my card was gone in less than an hour.

• Ki
                kittyabby Sep 21, 2011

This company is such a RIP OFF!!! I have lost several hundred dollars and just filed a complaint with the BBB. They promise you will win products for pennies on the dollar, and it is not true. I just blew $75.00 trying to win a $25.00 CVS gift card. DIDN'T WIN IT, and where is my $75.00????
                IN THEIR POCKET. That is bull.

BidcactusPhoney auction site

It only took me $20.00 to learn that this site, and many others like it, are not really an auction site. What I saw was my bids being outbid every time I bid. But once I stopped, everything would stop. I also found the same names bidding on everything available. I started thinking "why would someone bid on everything here at the same time?" Good question. I also did my bidding in the dead of night when less people would be bidding also. I should have won something!<br />
              I remember when I first started checking out this website. I wondered how can a business sell other peoples' products for so cheap and still make money? If something is too good to be true, it most likely is, right? Correct.<br />
              If they do sell something for "cheap" it is because they made the money for that item and you got lucky...real lucky.<br />
              With all the scams out there on the web, and with many computer geeks out there in the world too, I can see someone sitting around, inventing an auction website program that does the bidding for the auctions - it doesn't even have to have a person sitting there bidding on things...the computer does it all! And they rake in the bucks at .75 cents a click! This can add up to be a substantial amount of money to say the least! Especially when no products are shipped! Nothing needs to be shipped to a computer doing the bidding. My advice - stick to Ebay.

• Fa
                  FAHEEM REHMAN Oct 08, 2012

i was in the process of joining bid cactus, when at the end was asked to purchase bids, RED FLAG, why am i paying 69 for 125 bids, so each BID is going to cost me 69 cents, wtf, going to be broke in no time. SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY, WALK AWAY. AND THATS WHAT I DID.

JasonDD88 Jul 15, 2012

I agree we all should be minding our wallets and use due diligence, research all avenues first before ever giving money to any of these "services." Please feel free if you have time to visit my blog www.jasondwight.blogspot.com and learn a few ways to earn money from your computer. Good luck, Jason.

• Bi
                  bidcactusIsAScam Jan 17, 2012

bidcactus is a huge scam. stay away! overwhelming odds are you will lose your money and get zero in return, let alone win anything. I really think this is online gambling in disguise and that any postive posts is their staff or friends. They go to great lengths to give themselves teh appearance of legitimacy. On teh web, you cant get any info on the owners of the firm - not surprising.. Stay away from bidcactus- you wil lose your money, and not get it back, You will speak with a rude customer service persob who will explain how you missed something in teh fine print, and its your fault and you're stupid. FYI, There is a class action suit against them in Connecticut. Go look it up "mendelsohn vs. bidcactus", filed by motley rice. dont let bidcactus con you, take your money, and get you to become a gambler.

• Js
                  jsmine75 May 04, 2011

BidCactus is more than Flim Flam operation and I am now learning how I lost $135.00 being stupid. It finally occurred to me that most of the offerings were for bid packages and I was bidding for them so I could get more bids to win something to make up for what I had lost so far. What a fool I was. I learned today when I bought a new heating pad that the temperature is controlled so you can't burn yourself. Why in the world are these sites not controlled so people who are stupid like me don't fall for them. Why didn't I think through the "but bids"scam. Dumb and dumber.

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as "FACEBOOK" and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.
                  I call it their, "Fake Social Environment" where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to be perceived as an honest and fair auction. For EX they will say, "I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!"

junkyarddog Feb 07, 2011

Eric Johnson is SPAMMING his new SCAM SITE here I see.

• Er
                  EricJohnson Mar 15, 2010

I have never been into penny auctions and have never tried them yet. But few days back I was doing something on net and read a news about brugle.com. It is a new website which will be launched very soon. There is no need to buy bid, yet you have to bid. Sounds unique and confusing? But its true. When this will launch, I'll surely try it. I hope there will be no loss of bids. I am waiting for this site, as I want to shop more.

Bidcactus.com — BAD business practice/Misleading auction site/Scam

The website is a scam. The auction time will increase indefinitely until everyone stops bidding; however...

Bidcactus / Penny AuctionScam

Stay away Joe!! This auction site is a total scam. The same names magically win everything, even when you are right there on the bid button. Somehow, there are players who have enough bid points to bid continually for over 3 hours without stopping. Always staying on top. The bids reach over $40.00. That would mean someone would have over 1500 bid stockpiled if not more. This might suggest a bogus party or perhaps not even a person at all. The whole concept of penny auctions is fun. It is just a shame there are ones such as BidCatus that turn potential players away from all the auctions. Who knows maybe there is a reputable one out there!! Stay away from BIDCACTUS...THE LITTLE GUY ON THE HOME PAGE IS CUTE...BUT DON'T FORGET, CACTUS PLANTS HAVE THOSE NASTY LITTLE THORNS. IRONIC ISN'T IT!! BUT NOT FUNNY.

maiden Jan 21, 2010

i have seen some funny things going on at bid cactus. they have a 3 item limit but one person named "pickle" won 4 items and then kept on bidding on other item just to raise the price and then just dissappeared.. i reported this to bidcactus and never heard back from them. when bidding is slow(small people in room and cards auctioning for small amounts i have seen them increase the bid time making you wait longer to bid and giving you fewer items to bid on). don't even think about buying a low bidpack. you will win nothing doing this. you must buy a 500 bidpack to at least get in the game. this is a gambling site disguised as an auction so if you have money to burn go for it.

Bidcactus — Auction site is a con!!

I was excited to try this auction site. However, after spending $75 (it cost 75 cents for each bid!) and a...