Beverly DiamondsFalse advertisement

S Review updated:

False advertisement of diamond value and refusal of refund. Should be investigated by Attorney General.

• Updated by TheresaAnn · May 19, 2019

False advertisement!!!

• Mi
    mikeyx13 Feb 04, 2012

Here is what I have had to deal with, from the BBB web site...

Complaint: 01/06/2012: I purchased a diamond ring from this company 1/8/2011, it was given to my future wife on 1/22/2011, on 4/10/2011 a crack developed in the diamond. I have called and emailed the company over several months. They have had the ring sense 5/25/2011, I have tried to work with the company dating back to April 2011, On May 25th 2011 I told the company that I wanted a refund and would not pay to have a new, defective item repaired. I was finally told by Mike on 1/4/2012 that they were issuing a refund, only to be called on 1/5/2012 and told by John Sparks that he would rather go to court then to make a refund. The defect was not due to misuse or any alterations.

Business response: Good day. Customer had damaged the diamond ring after few months of purchase and as explained to the customer it would cost $250 for repair, customer agreed to pay the $250, however once we receive his ring, he refused to pay the $250. Since we notice that he was changing his words and now did not want to pay the $250, as a courtesy we did the repair for the customer out of our own pocket without charging him anything.

Consumer rebuttal: The Company’s response is a fabrication of the truth. I never agreed to pay for a repair of their defective diamond. There was no abuse, it was cracked internally. No other jeweler had worked on it, it came pre-sized. I have emails stating that I did not want the repair done, after researching this company, and the very poor customer service I received from them, I sent the ring back to them so they could see that it was cracked internally, I discussed this on the phone with Julia Anderson. I called the company many times to discuss the issue, and told them that I wanted a refund. I received a call from John Sparks after I filed this complaint, he said that if I sent anymore emails or called again that he would file a law suit against me for harassment. My next step is filing in Small Claims Court to have this resolved if it cannot be rectified here. I only want my money refunded, they have had the ring for over 9 months now, and if they have "repaired" it I 'm sure they can sell it again.

• Rl
    RL2015 Jul 06, 2015

Had very similar issue. I attempted to initiate a return and was hung up on twice. I provided proof with phone records and the company will still not initiate a return, saying that we are now over the return period. I will also be taking them to court. I've recently filed complaints with the FTC and BBB and urge everyone with similar issues to do the same.

• Sl
    Slawomir Plokarz Mar 03, 2016

hey o bought diamont from beverry diamond and it fake... they dont want to take i back the gave me lone from hc prosessing center i stoped paying and now i dont know what to do... diamnot was 4k i was trying give them 2k and the diamont back and they still said no.. now hc processing center sending me letters saing about put me to the court i dont know what to do... need help 5512432537

• El
    Elphares Jul 05, 2017

I can't speak to quality, but can speak to 0 customer service. We have purchased diamonds from reputable companies for 50 years...would NEVER purchase from an online company, yet my poor mom was scammed and received a diamond engagement ring...a widow who does not date! She still wears the set my dad gave her. Someone used her credit card with an all.com email address. She does not have aol. Beverly Diamonds has many times said "it was charged to you...it's yours...enjoy! They say they have a 30-day return, but we didn't even have a receipt to see when it was ordered. They said no receipt...you have appraisal. Yeah an appraisal dated the date it shipped out. Starting to wonder if they are the scammers.

North America 1 Jul 27, 2018

Dishonesty means no repeat business!
    They offer prices at a discount and don't honor their prices! My first experience was awesome. Then i went to buy bands to match my wife's ring and cart price was $994.00 each band. Screen price was $584.00 each band. some Glitch, as mark put it! $ 400.00 difference in price each piece. That isn't a glitch! All they could say is let us know how we can further assist you. That isn't assistance!
    The beauty of the internet is...I don't have to take their arrogance and can shop online anywhere! Watch these guys! I think the word of the day is HUSSLE! several days later, still haven't fixed their glitch! honor what you put on the internet!

• Nn
    Nnjf2 Jan 17, 2019

I purchased a ring, my fiancée is in the hospital and we put off our engagement/wedding. I tried returning the ring within 30 days, but they won't let me return the ring because the receipt I signed says "not returnable". They are claiming it was custom made, even though it was in stock and shipped the same day it was paid for. This is insanely bad customer service. According to BBB there are tons of complaints similar to mine.

TheresaAnn May 19, 2019

I pray that people never order from them again. We were promised a full refund and are still waiting...

TheresaAnn May 19, 2019

Prayers that no one orders from them ever again!

TheresaAnn May 26, 2019

They have plenty pics and emails. Plenty documentation! Poor customer service! Scammers! Dishonest people. Not professionals. We want a full refund as promised in the beginning.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices