Menu

A
Author of the complaint
10:07 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Nightmare service is the nicest way I can describe this. I purchased over $1,900.00 worth of merchandise on December 5 (in store) and scheduled in-home delivery/setup at the same time as I am a Geek Squad member for January 6. (a 30-day wait)

January 6 - nobody showed, nobody called, texted, or emailed me. I called twice and was lied to. Told the installer was in the area and would be there shortly. On the third call, I was told he canceled all his appointments because of illness. They had no explanation for the lack of communication. Liz Gee rescheduled me for January 25 - so now we are 40-days since the purchase. She agreed to waive the charge for removing my old television and would send me a $100.00 gift card for the inconvenience.

This morning (January 17), I get a text message asking me to schedule my service. I spoke to Sarah who informed me my appointment was never put into the system. She said I would have to reschedule again and the earliest time slot is Friday, January 28. 43 days after the purchase. No record for the removal waiver.

I also had to call the credit department to request an extension for my payment date. I'm not paying for products and services I haven't received.

Honestly, this is bordering on Theft of Service. The phone representatives are friendly, but the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. They lie to cover their mistakes and think an apology is sufficient.

Over the years, I have spent thousands in this store on appliances, home entertainment, and at least 5 different computers/monitors/speaker systems/navigation systems installed, etc. - I expect, as a long-time customer, to be as such. I can't even get in touch with anyone in the store as all the calls are farmed out to call-takers.

I think it might be time to reconsider which store I give my future business to.

Update by Ann Finney
Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am EST

There are laws against asking someone about their health. I do not appreciate being asked if I'm currently sick, do I have any possible symptoms, and am I willing to isolate myself.

More Best Buy complaints & reviews

Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product
Best Buy - No response to my e-mail