Bensons for Bedsdisgraceful customer service

L

I ordered a bed from you in October 2009. Since this date I have had nothing b ut hassle from your company.

On my original delivery date I was advised my bed would arrive between 12 and 6pm. However after coming out of a meeting at 10.30 I had several missed calls and message s from one of your drivers telling me he would be at my address at 11am. I then had to leave work to try and make it back to my house 35 minutes away, on the way I received a message from one of your customer service team telling me the delivery van would be at my house until 12.10pm. I arrived home at 11.30 and there was no delivery van. I rang customer services who advised me that the van had left and would not be back until later that afternoon. Unfortunately I then had to take the full day off as unpaid leave as I had left work in the morning. Customer services rang me again and told me the delivery van would be with me at 18.00hrs. This time passed and the van did not arrive. I have to be at my second job by 19.00hrs. the van eventually turned up at 18.35 hrs and the bed was taken into my house

My husband is in the forces and works away so I had to wait for him to come back. He came back the weekend of the 5th December and tried to put the bed together, he then realised we were missing most of the pieces.

We rang the only number we could find on the internet, my husband was told they would resend the parts. I then rang as I knew I couldn’t get any more time off work and was spoken to not only rudely but nastily from the advisor who then hung up on me.

I rang back on Wednesday 9th December and the parts hadn’t even been ordered. My husband also rang and was told someone would ring him back which didn’t happen.

I am now at the stage where I am waiting redelivery of these items.

We have also realised after all this mess Bensons did not deliver some new pillows which we ordered. i have rang twice and had no returned calls.
I just rang back and spoke to the girl who i originally spoke to who was rude and unhelpful.

i am now awaiting a callback from a manager which i propably wont get

Overall a very stressful expererience. My home and work like has suffered and i am now on the edge of tears. All i want is what i paid for :(

• Ve
    velma harry Dec 30, 2010

After shopping around for months for a suitable mattress I ended up buying the sydney colour 150(c) mattress (cinder) [protected], at the Bensons bed store in Purley on the 12th nov 2010. I bought this very pricy mattress with the help and recomendation of the assistant because I suffer with a bad back and needed to have a suitable one. I received the mattress approx 2 weeks later. At first the mattress was very comfortable. After the first 2 weeks it began to feel uncmfortable. Now 4/5 weeks later this mattress has turned out be the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever had. Its a nightmare. Every morning I wake up suffering with excruciating crippling pains in my lower back and legs and with difficulty in walking. I have tried to contact customer services several times with but without success. I need to have this mattress changed or be refunded asap.

• Bg
    B Gough Apr 09, 2011

I have had horrendous experience with Bensons For Beds. I bought new memory foam mattress divan single when I purchased my retirement pensioners flat I did not use it at all for 6months . When i started using it it soon developed a most uncomfortable dip in the middle despite regular rotation.I contacted Customer Services with great difficulty Several phone calls at least 10 on each occasion had to listen to several optioons after waitng the usual 30 minutes.To be told I must send adigital photograph by email.This proved difficult for me . So went to the photographic shop printed some photographs and sent with a letter. I ha d no written reply only avoice message left on my mobile to tell me the photograph had shown some discoulation which immediately invalidated my 5 year guarantee
    I have warned everybody I know of the uselessness of the 5 year guarantee
    The bed was Relyon so will be avoiding Relyon bed s and Benson for Beds .I now view thos brands as rubbish to be avoided at all costs

• Be
    Bern Birbeck Jun 22, 2012

Workington Bensons Beds: I ordered a metal frame bed and mattress, paid by cash and agreed a delivery date. About a week before Christmas the bed plus mattress duly arrived. I opened the large boxes containing the bed to find the checklist of parts and assembly instructions were missing. I called the shop to be told they weren't allowed to call the call-centre about the deficit and that I had to call them myself directly. Having been given the phone number I phoned the call-centre, the bloke I spoke to was very helpful, he told me he would send the paperwork via a pdf file. So far, ok. Within half an hour the paperwork was sent through. I opened the large boxes containing the bed 'bits', went through the checklist to find half the construction components were missing. Called the shop again who told me to call the distribution centre in Ayr, Scotland. Did this to be told the bits would not be available until after the New Year. So, over Christmas and New Year, my household was one bed 'missing'. After the New Year the box containing the missing parts arrived for me to find that the parts I already had were duplicated in the newly arrived box ie I had two boxes marked 'A' and no box marked 'B'. With several phone calls not mentioned here and the duplication of parts, now, I had had enough. I called the shop to say I wanted to return the bedframe and mattress with a full refund. I was told that the bedframe would be picked up and I would be reimbursed for this, however, because there was nothing wrong with the mattress I would not be reimbursed for that. By this time I wanted to end this farce so I agreed to this. I called the distribution centre and agreed a date for the pickup. They called me back a week later to rearrange this date to which I agreed. They then turned up on the original pick up date and me not being home they called my mobile. I told them the rearranged date was the following Wednesday and for them to turn up on that day. This, to my surprise, happened as planned. I called the shop to inform them that the bedframe had been picked up and I would like my money back to be told that they had to be informed by delivery people in Ayr that the bed had been picked up for the shop to authorise my payment by cheque. I mentioned that I had paid in cash and I would like my payment to be likewise to be told that this was not company policy. Eventually after about another week the cheque duly arrived, depositied it into my account and waited for it to clear - it, again to my surprise because of the rank amateur attitudes displayed by this company, the missed appointments, the rude and familiar attitudes of the two females who work in the shop, cleared.
    This whole pathetic story lasted for about three and a half months from start to finish.
    What kind of business, at the point of sale, does not deal directly with you if you have a genuine complaint and direct you to call other parts of their organisation. This whole organisation has grave flaws where the customer, having paid for goods, is then treated in a less than respectful manner. I do not reccommend this pack of incompetants to anyone.
    -----I don't know if this is the proper place to write a review, if not, can you please transfer it to your review page please? Thankyou.