Bella Britemisleading advertising

B

A small add showed a woman w/child picture promoting 'Amy, an ordinary mom from YOUR HOME TOWN discovered a clever trick to get a celebrity smile for less than $6. Thanks to the trick she discovered, thousands of consumers have been able to whiten their teeth from home. This came w/two steps; STEP 1: First get 'Bella Brite' use our exclusive promo code 'WHITE' to get $1.00 shipping! and then STEP 2: Then get OrthoWhite use our exclusive promo code 'SMILE' to get $1.00 shipping! * This is the key. Use both products to get results like Amy. You got onto their website and read all kinds of testimonials. Once you order this product the system thanks you and at the bottom portion of same page another box to check commiting you to much, much more than a free trial offer. I did not check this box but later learned that under the 'TERMS AND CONDITIONS' I had unknowingly signed up for a whole program charging me $78.41 plus $5.95 shipping for ongoing shipments. I sent three emails to CANCEL SHIPMENT and I called first thing MONDAY MORNING. The very calm lady on the end of the phone explained I cannot stop the shipment and my only choice is to purchase the shipment at $19.41 or wait for the shipment and return it to them within 15 days. I chose the $19.41 along with lots of swear words and she explained I would receive confirmation via email within 24 hrs. I DEMANDED the email now and I told her I was staying on the line to await my email. She said she would check to see if she could push that along. I saw her email alright. I asked her if she sleeps at night! This operation should be SHUT DOWN!!! What a scam!

• Pu
    purpleladyone Sep 19, 2014

I saw the exact same add and fell for it too.I was charged 93.00. I called the company to complain and tell them that they are basically misleading and ripping off people.I demanded that they cancel my account and give me some sort of refund with an email confirmation.THE COMPANY IS FULL OF ### AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. EXTREME FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

• Ki
    Kim vuono Dec 17, 2012

I signed up for a trial sample and got charged over $77.00 without my permission. They continued to bill me without me knowing. They also refused to pay me back. As soon as you call their number there is an option to cancel your account, I should have known!

• Da
    Dasia Jul 19, 2012

First of all I cancelled in the timeframe, then I sent it back and they made up
    something about how they did not get the RMA number. Do not buy this prodcut!!!

• Ha
    hawaii-love Jul 09, 2012

Same as everyone else i got scammed with this bella brite ad of $1 free trial. Total of $78 have been removed from my account.Ive been calling customer service and it tells me to call Monday -Friday 9-5pm mountain time... Well i ve been calling and calling and its closed no matter what hour in the day!!! Iam furious on how people can do such a thing!!! Bella Brite if you get the chance to see this WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!

• Mu
    muxuchunchun Mar 21, 2012

I totally agree with you!!! They stole 78 dollars from me plus...their product hurts your mouth freaking bad!!!
    SO DON'T USE IT!!!

• Ve
    veronicao Mar 01, 2012

THIS COMPANY IS A FRICKEN RIP OFF!!! they say they are only charging you $1.09 for your "free trial" shipped to you!!! someone calls withing TWO days, you CANCELL any further transactions and you still get nailed!!! $160 bucks they STOLD from me!!! and i will not stop until i get my money back!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CON ARTISTS!!!

• Br
    Bregbrown Feb 28, 2012

I got charged a buck for the trial but however they take$ 78 out your account. Now im out of 78 bucks.im can not get my freaking money back.i feel played and i want my money back on my card... It dont go threw when i did it on the net. But they managed to get their money.

CherylB51 Jan 06, 2011

I ordered the trial size. Sent an email right after the product arrived to cancel. The amount of $78.41 was taken from my account AFTER I cancelled. Please see the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU in your state. Stay away from these scam artists. I am fighting on my end.

• Al
    AliciaEuzarraga Aug 10, 2010

CHARGES NOT ATHORIZED BY ME/ = THEY DIDN'T REFUND MY$1.00 AFTER CANCELLING WITH MY TRIAL. AND NOW WILL BE CHARGED SHIPPING FEE OF $5.00 OR MORE BECAUSE= THEY WILL NOT GIVE A RETURNED LABEL . THEY WILL CHARGE MORE IF THE MERCHANDISE IS NOT RETURNED UP TO $78.00 'S / OUT REGOUSE SCAM = BELLA BRITE.

Mancx029 Jun 10, 2010

I was also scammed by BellaBrite, canceling your bank or credit card is the only way to stop any further debits to your account. Then file a complaint with US BBB, this will increase your chances of getting a refund from this company. See the "Bella Brite - scam" post for more info on their Colorado based parent company Convertis LLC.

• Mr
    Mrs Thomas Bugg Sep 04, 2009

I want my money back. These ###s are taking my money out of my account each month and I have 3 unopened boxes I am sending back. I expect to be refunded $ 253.89 back to my account.

Mrs Bugg

• Ro
    ROBIN DEL MONACO Jun 03, 2009

been trying to call bella brite and the number is not in service, [protected] i want them to stop charging my account for the amount of $84.36 This is a complete rip off and i want it to stop

Regards

ROBIN DEL MONACO

JackB Apr 13, 2009

I've had the same problem. Fortunately instead of going through all that I just said "eff it" and did the "Easy Cancel" they had on the website. You PAY (what a surprise) $20 to just keep the box they never sent and receive no further billing. I will never do any trials any more, not with this experience. Anyways, to anyone out there having the same predicament, I say to just pay the $20 instead of arguing for hours over the phone just to get charged the 100+ dollars they get you for.

-Jack B.

Anna Jan 26, 2009

This brand got CNN and other major news outlet to say nice things in prime time about them and their product/service. I think it is time CNN for one provided equal time to tell the truth about this scam, which seems to have gotten way out of control.

Course, "big business" in general became "big" more and more through "big scams" - from Enron to Worldcom to ... the list is endless. All were totally protected by big media... Today, our economy based on this kind of "scam business" is having a come-uppance.

However, if small consumers - the salt of any economy - keeps fighting back mainly by insisting "Big media" uncover and undo their participation in "Big corruption, " PERHAPS this country will get a clean non criminal economy - for a change.

• Ke
    Kevin Jan 15, 2009

Beware of these companies that are actually one in the same but will deny knowledge of each other. My wife received a phone call from a man that stated he was calling on behalf of our credit card company and would like to send us a free gift. She told him that if there was any charge involved or she had to purchase anything that she wanted no part of it and he told her there was no purchasing involved.

Fast forward two weeks and while paying bills i noticed that our credit card was over its limit. I made note of the unauthorized charges and since it was late i had to wait to call until morning so in the meantime i researched these companies. What a surprise it was to find out that they would start billing my credit card 2 - 3 times a month each and upwards of $70 each time.

The next morning my wife and i called BOTH places and spent nearly 2 hours on the phone. We never received any packages but since they send them through the post office and don't need to be signed for, they put the USPS on the hook for it. We were transferred from one person to another and all were very rude. Finally after several hang ups from them i called our credit card company and reported these charges as fraud. Luckily they took it seriously and refunded our money and said they will stop any further charges from them and would not charge us an overdraft fee. Best of all they said if these companies tried again they would do their own investigation into them.

I know we were very lucky because they didn't have our bank account number but others aren't so lucky. A few tricks into there practices; as i said before, the packages don't need to be signed for so even if you don't receive them you still have to pay and have to go through the post office to get it cleared up. Second, they called representing our credit card comp. which was a very unwise move. Third, if you open the packages they send, you still get charged even if you send it back because they call it product tampering. Lastly, we requested the recorded phone conversation from the first call and what do you know? They start the recording after they claim to be representing a credit lender.

I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and i suggest that everyone who has been scammed by these people do the same. If your situation resembles ours in any way call your card company and tell them you were defrauded. If enough people are making this claim then some one will drop the hammer on them.

Once again if they call and say they are from a credit card comp. notify your card companies ASAP because they DO take misrepresentation VERY seriously.

• De
    Dee Dec 18, 2008

Bella Brite called my cell phone I told them I was not interested they then said it was absolutely free to try so I said ok and now there is a 3.97 charge on my checking account.

• Ri
    Richard Dec 11, 2008

Warning! They offer a trial for 10 days. You have to cancel within 10 days or you will incur further charges on your account in my case $77.00. The email address on their website that they claim allows for easy cancellation doesn't work. Thats how they get you. By the time you get the product and go through all the hoops they have already charged your account. In my case on the 11th day. Please be careful.

• Pe
    Peggy Johnson Nov 14, 2008

I have been trying to council my account and can't for all I get on the phone is the web site to council it and when I go there they are wanting you to sign up for a free trial. I want them to stop taking money from my checking account.