Menu

Bath Fitter Franchising  -  Yellow/green spots on ceiling

D
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This not a complaint. I just need advise because the ceiling on my bathfitter is growing a greenish, yellowish film on the ceiling of my new bathfitter. I would like to know what would cause this, and how I can prevent it in the future. I need to know how to get rid of it without damaging the coating on the ceiling. Please respond asap. I don't want more of this subtance occuring.
thank you.

Bath Fitter Franchising - refund
3 comments
D
Apr 29, 2010 9:31 am

ITS DEPOSITS FROM MINERALS IN YOUR WATER. YOU CAN USE LIME AWAY OR CLR TO GET RID OF THEM. STOP IT? GET A WATER PURIFIER TO ATTACH TO SHOWERHEAD IT WILL FILTER OUT MINERALS.

N
Jun 11, 2009 2:23 am

Bathfitters had to reinstall our shower stall because of a defective part and it caused a ceiling leak. In between the original installation and the re-installation, we had the ceilings professionally sprayed and mold prevention done. After Bathfitters did their re-installation, we then developed the green spots on the ceiling, which we didn't have prior to this. Our contractor told us that Bathfitters was using an oil based product that was reacting to the ceiling material and causing it to break the seal, thereby allowing moisture to between the two and allow for mold to grow. This happened when Bathfitters scraped down the original ceiling to slide in the walls, then applied their sealant...but in our case they scraped too much and we were left with a 1" gap all around the walls that they tried to fill in...not too pretty and they tried to cover it up. Very disappointed especially after what you pay for it.

B

You should have used Bath Liners Direct.
Their SSP DuraGuard ceiling panels are Non-porous.
No mold or mildew will ever form. Guaranteed!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints