Barron's MagazineFraud and scam

There were ads running for Barron's Magazine on KDLT TV in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in November - advertising 8 weeks of Barron's for $19.95. When I called the 800 number they upsold me 52 weeks for $52. About a month ago I get a subscription renewal form telling me that my subscription expires in April. I called and they told me that my subscription was only 4 months! The other problem I had was that they charged my credit card twice - I had to call and get that straightened out in December. I have subscribed to Barron's before and have never had any problems. The number that the TV ad had went to a call center - which tells me that another company was running this promotion. I wish I knew who they were. I don't have a recording of the conversation because I didn't expect to get screwed by Barron's!