barn furniture martfraud, deceptive advertising

Ordered a file cabinet from their "Made in the USA...Built in the Heartland of America" website. Paid half the cost when I placed the order. The cabinet arrived eight weeks later. They charged the remaining balance to my credit card when it shipped. Someone forgot to take the sticker off the box! It read " Langfang Dongsheng Timber Co. - Zougezhuang Wien, Hebei Province, China." Attached to the back of the cabinet was a big white sticker that read "Made in China."
Filed a complaint with the CA Attorney General's office. Also found out that they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Barn Furniture Mart's customer service kept asking me " Veronica didn't tell you the furniture is foreign made?" Plain and simple... they lie!

• Ba
    barnfurniture Sep 03, 2011

THE FOLLOWING TRANSPIRED BEFORE WE KNEW OF THE MANY COMPLAINTS FILED BY THIS UNNAMED PERSON, IMMEDIATELY AFTER DELIVERY!
    This was an error we made. As soon as I (OWNER) heard of the error, I returned their call and explained how 95% of our products are now USA made products. This item was an old item we no longer stock because it is a "Made in China" item, however our order desk secured one for this customer and shipped it not thinking. As soon as I heard of the mix up, I called customer and offered a new American Made copy of the same file at no cost and they could KEEP the original file.
    When they seemed to still be unhappy, I offered a full refund of over $700.00 including all freight charges and they could still keep the file cabinet.
    He then accepted the offer and then informed me of his many complaints he filed on the internet and Attorney General of California and further promised to remove them as possible or explain the resolution. As of 9/3/2011 he has not been as quick to do what he promised he wold do and chose to leave the attack us. He immediately assumed we are frauds
    We have reviewed our web-site and are posting "import" in all applicable items.
    We very sorry to had made this mistake and are happy this was brought to MY attention.